Black & Veatch

50 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Civil Engineer

Interviewed at Black & Veatch

Interview Details – Was contacted for on campus interview after submitting electronic resume through university. Interviewer was very nice and quick to discuss Black & Veatch, what she has done in her career, and what the job would entail. Interview was very conversational with no strange curve ball questions. Just a first interview and process after that was slow to proceed so I took another offer.

Interview Question – What do you already know about Black & Veatch?   View Answer

Intern Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Black & Veatch in June 2013.

Interview Details – First interview will be behavioral, if selected there will be one more round of technical interview and you may be called on site for the last and final interview.

Interview Question – What are the best five words to describe yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty lenient

Very Easy Interview

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Black & Veatch in August 2010.

Interview Details – It was slow process but be patient

Interview Question – Why should be hire you and what is your salary expectations. Really? on a 1st interview, they quizzed me on salary expectations on the third question???   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was NONE. Take it and RUN.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

I applied through other source and interviewed at Black & Veatch.

Interview Details – Collaborative interview process composed of many team members.

Interview Question – Asked detailed experience and identification of the all types of engineering.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary offered was more than expected.

Overland Park, KS

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Black & Veatch in February 2014.

Interview Details – First of all, you need to introduce yourself. Then he asked me about some situation questions. Things like difficult situation you had in the past and how you dealt with that. Because I have a PhD, he asked me why I would apply as an entry level engineer. On the interview form, they have a check mark of EIT or not. Make sure you pass the FE exam.

Interview Question – Situation question.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Black & Veatch in August 2013.

Interview Details – Was hired as a contractor.

Interview Question – Interview was fairly easy.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Didn't really like to work on a contract basis.

Management Consultant Interview

Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Black & Veatch.

Interview Details – Applied through the campus recruitment website. I got an initial call from a corporate recruiter out of state. I was given an interview itinerary via email and was supposed to meet different interviewers for one to one interviews. One of the interviewers in the list did not interview me because of previous engagement.

Interview Question – No uncommon questions, just discussion of past experience and educational background. They were really nice.   Answer Question

Civil Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Black & Veatch.

Interview Details – At the time, I was living in a different state. I got the interview through a contract agency and was not reimbursed for anything. The agency explained that it was a 6 month contract with a chance to "roll over" after that time, but failed to explain that it is NOT common practice with B&V to make the transition right away; it's typically closer to one year and frequently longer than that. There was an initial phone interview and a couple weeks later I met with a couple engineers for maybe 30 minutes in their office. Afterwards, the offer was made by the contract agency.

Interview Question – It was several years ago, so I do not remember specific questions. From what I remember, they were pretty basic and standard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not much room for negotiation since the economy was so depressed at the time. I was just thankful to have a job in the same city as my spouse.

Geotechnical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Black & Veatch in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through career fair and got called for an interview the next day. A followup interview through the phone a month after.

Interview Question – None really   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at Black & Veatch

Interview Details – it was okay. they are big talker about the company and all that

Interview Question – just basis question. nothing too difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they would not negotiate

Interviews for Top Jobs at Black & Veatch

Worked for Black & Veatch? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Black & Veatch interview questions and advice. All 50 interview reviews posted anonymously by Black & Veatch employees and interview candidates.