Black & Veatch

Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.7

Civil Engineer I Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Black & Veatch.

I had applied online before a career fair. At the career fair, I got on the "short list" for a next day interview. The interview was super relaxed, and typical interview questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions - Tell me about a time something didn't turn out the way you planned and what did you do? Tell me about a conflict, etc   Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Black & Veatch.

My name was shortlisted for on campus interviews on the following day of career fair. I had one-to-one interview with BV professional. He asked me about questions regarding my resume and few behavioural questions like: 1. how did you handle a conflict?
    2. Which course is your faviourite and why?
    I was selected for on-site interview. I met 5 different professionals, each of them spoke with me individually for approx. 30 mins. All are mostly beavioural and few technical related to my resume.
    Behavioural questins:
    1. describe a situation when you had to make your other team members to work and get the job done?
    2. Handling conflict
    3. Describe a situation when you had to come up with a solution that helped your team

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something that you did not like in your previous job?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

campus interview . got a call at the campus fair itself. went to campus fair . discussed my resume and then he asked me if i was free for an interview.

Eng Tech I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS
    Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Black & Veatch in November 2014.

The interview process was long, and somewhat redundant, but honestly enjoyable. No pressure and they made me feel very comfortable. Even though I didn't get out this tone, I'm definitely going to be reapplying.

Site Acquisition Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Black & Veatch.

I interviewed with the team that I would be supporting for the company. The interview process was detailed and I was asked specific questions about my knowledge of site acquisitions, wireless communications, zoning, and real estate legal documents. Specific questions included how I would approach an acquisition from ground zero and questions were asked about my familiarity with industry technologies utilized to identify potential acquisitions.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were of a caliber and nature specific to the role. If you know your discipline well, answering questions should be fairly easy.   Answer Question
    Negotiations were fair and thoughtful.

Electrical Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Black & Veatch.

Applied Online, received a phone call approximately a month later, and was asked if I was ready for an interview in 30 mins. I said yes, and they called 30 min later. Phone Interview was done with the chief engineer as well as another engineer mainly on high voltage (kV) engineering.

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolla, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolla, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Black & Veatch in September 2014.

1st: Obtained my first interview after attending my school's annual career fair.

Note: If you attend a career fair, make sure you stand out, always introduce yourself with a smile, and shake hands. During the interview, bring a portfolio of all the work you have done and all of your accomplishments. This will make the interview process easier and less nerve racking.

2nd: I recieved a phone call from the recruiter and was asked to come to the world head quarters in Overland Park, KS. for a second interview.

3rd: Received a phone call from the recruiter the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a conflict with a group member before and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Black and Veatch besides the opportunity to travel internationally?   View Answer
    If you get an offer from Black and Veatch, TAKE IT!! This company has so many wonderful benefits and opportunities!

Civil Engineer I Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Black & Veatch.

i applied through my college's career fair. Was offered an interview for the following day in person. Due to campus closing ended up having the interview via phone call. Interviewed in Feb 2014

Engineering Tecjhnician III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Black & Veatch.

I was hired to the telecom division as a contract employee throught Aerotek in 2008. I was rolled over to a core employee after 2 1/2 years (2011). The hiring process consists of filling out an electronic application for B&V. After they review your application they will offer you a position with the company. After accepting the position, they run a background check and require a drug screen. This is all pretty standard stuff for a corporate job position.

There was not a negotiation process.

Electrical Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Black & Veatch in April 2014.

A Phone interview then an on site interview, basic interview question concerning your resume.

Interview Questions
    • Not much of difficult questions just normal formal discussion   Answer Question