Black & Veatch Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.7

Civil Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Black & Veatch.

Interview

I had applied online before a career fair. At the career fair, I got on the "short list" for a next day interview. The interview was super relaxed, and typical interview questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions - Tell me about a time something didn't turn out the way you planned and what did you do? Tell me about a conflict, etc   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Manhattan, KS) in February 2015.

Interview

I talked with a representative at a university career fair. Then had a next-day interview. I was told that I would be contacted within two weeks with either a yes or a no. A month later and I still haven't heard anything from them. Pretty typical of a large company, but still not a good feeling.

Electrical Engineer I Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Columbia, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

Got a on campus interview after Career Fair. All of the questions are behavioral ones. No technical questions. A month later, got an email from the HR team said they decide to move on with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a course you do not like and why? Who is your favorite professor? Tell me about a case when your teammate broke the rules, and how to you respond to that?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Black & Veatch.

Interview

My name was shortlisted for on campus interviews on the following day of career fair. I had one-to-one interview with BV professional. He asked me about questions regarding my resume and few behavioural questions like: 1. how did you handle a conflict? 2. Which course is your faviourite and why? I was selected for on-site interview. I met 5 different professionals, each of them spoke with me individually for approx. 30 mins. All are mostly beavioural and few technical related to my resume. Behavioural questins: 1. describe a situation when you had to make your other team members to work and get the job done? 2. Handling conflict 3. Describe a situation when you had to come up with a solution that helped your team

Interview Questions

• Tell me something that you did not like in your previous job?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Kansas City, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of mostly behavioral questions. There were a few technical questions, but only after I had shown knowledge of whatever topic was being talked about. I had 6 thirty minute interviews back to back. It seems like a long process, but the professionals were all very down to earth and seemed genuinely interested in me.

Interview Questions

• Of your previous internship and class experience, what was your favorite project to work on?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

campus interview . got a call at the campus fair itself. went to campus fair . discussed my resume and then he asked me if i was free for an interview.

Eng Tech I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Kansas City, KS) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was long, and somewhat redundant, but honestly enjoyable. No pressure and they made me feel very comfortable. Even though I didn't get out this tone, I'm definitely going to be reapplying.

Site Acquisition Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch.

Interview

I interviewed with the team that I would be supporting for the company. The interview process was detailed and I was asked specific questions about my knowledge of site acquisitions, wireless communications, zoning, and real estate legal documents. Specific questions included how I would approach an acquisition from ground zero and questions were asked about my familiarity with industry technologies utilized to identify potential acquisitions.

Interview Questions

• Questions were of a caliber and nature specific to the role. If you know your discipline well, answering questions should be fairly easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were fair and thoughtful.

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Black & Veatch (Tempe, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

applied through the university career fair. Got a call to interview with them the following day for the above mentioned position. The interview covered basic behavioral and scenario type questions. The interviewer was very friendly and was a team head himself. They primarily see how well a fit you'd be in their team based on your responses. Technical questions won't be covered during their interviews.

Interview Questions

• What did you do when you found someone cheating at work?   Answer Question
    • How did you get your teammates agree on an idea you suggested?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Black & Veatch.

Interview

Applied Online, received a phone call approximately a month later, and was asked if I was ready for an interview in 30 mins. I said yes, and they called 30 min later. Phone Interview was done with the chief engineer as well as another engineer mainly on high voltage (kV) engineering.