Black & Veatch

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.7

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Black & Veatch.

Interview started with a phone interview with my future supervisor. After that I was selected for a face to face interview. I met with 5 other engineers for 30 minutes and the office manager. It was long but they wanted to get to know my experience and why I became an engineer.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Black & Veatch in September 2013.

Phone screen, then phone interview with recruiter. Followed by manager interview then second level manager interview. They apologized for taking so much of my time, but they couldn't get all of them together the first time. I appreciated that explanation, because at first it seemed unnecessary to jump through all those hoops. They were very thorough about the what the job expectations were, which helped me to decide if I was interested in the position.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions - mostly behavioral/situational.   Answer Question

Project Controls Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Black & Veatch in September 2013.

I applied via Indeed.com. I received an email back from a recruiter asking for a more detailed resume. Once it was decided they would like to interview me, I had a phone interview with the Recruiter. They passed my resume to the Corporate office. I did a phone interview with multiple individuals from the corporate office. A few weeks later, I got a call for an in-person interview for the local office. I went in and met with three individuals from the local office. The entire process took about two months.

Interview Questions
    • What do you have to contribute to our company.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Black & Veatch in September 2013.

I had four rounds of interviews. All of them were non technical which was the most surprising thing since I had applied for the position of an electrical engineer internship. People were very nice, but it was a standard interview with the standard questions. Confident answers are good. I was asked to drive in for the day. All my interviewers were technical people, I did not have any HR interviews. The last two interviewers seemed to be very young, it must have been a learning experience for them

Interview Questions
    • Every question was very standard and that was the expected part.   Answer Question

Project Facilitator Closeout Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Black & Veatch in August 2013.

One interview for the job. The interview was fast and to the point. If they like you and you work hard then you will do well. There is nothing different about the interview.

one week

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Black & Veatch in August 2013.

Was hired as a contractor.

Interview Questions

Didn't really like to work on a contract basis.

Intern Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Black & Veatch in June 2013.

First interview will be behavioral, if selected there will be one more round of technical interview and you may be called on site for the last and final interview.

Pretty lenient

Senior Financial Reporting Accountant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Black & Veatch.

During the interview process, I was asked how good my day care was, because I would be expected to work overtime. This was totally inappropriate, if not illegal!

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work as much overtime as it takes to get the job done?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. When I tried, they just told me that anyone coming into the company in this position starts at the bottom of the pay for that position, no matter how much experience you have.

Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Black & Veatch.

I was called from state far from BV's HQ. The hiring team made sure i was comfortable from the time got off the flight till I boarded my return flight. The hiring process was straight forward applied online, got a call from a recruiter within 2 weeks. they expressed an interest in me and offered me an interview. everyone there was very warm and welcoming and so where the interviewers.
    I was interviewed by 4 people, half an hour each, mostly behavioral questions. The HQ undergoing some construction work but otherwise it is spacious and clean, has an awesome cafeteria and a really cool gym. I could see myself working there.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, pretty much the same questions any career advisor would recommend to be prepared for like weaknesses, strengths, why this field?, why this company? etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
    Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Black & Veatch in January 2013.

I got the interview through a recruiter. Then, I applied online. Two months later, I received a plane tickets to attend the interview in B&V headquarter