Black & Veatch

2.7

Project Facilitator Closeout Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Black & Veatch in August 2013.

One interview for the job. The interview was fast and to the point. If they like you and you work hard then you will do well. There is nothing different about the interview.

one week

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Black & Veatch in August 2013.

Was hired as a contractor.

Interview Questions

Didn't really like to work on a contract basis.

Intern Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Black & Veatch in June 2013.

First interview will be behavioral, if selected there will be one more round of technical interview and you may be called on site for the last and final interview.

Pretty lenient

Senior Financial Reporting Accountant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Black & Veatch.

During the interview process, I was asked how good my day care was, because I would be expected to work overtime. This was totally inappropriate, if not illegal!

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work as much overtime as it takes to get the job done?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. When I tried, they just told me that anyone coming into the company in this position starts at the bottom of the pay for that position, no matter how much experience you have.

Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Black & Veatch.

I was called from state far from BV's HQ. The hiring team made sure i was comfortable from the time got off the flight till I boarded my return flight. The hiring process was straight forward applied online, got a call from a recruiter within 2 weeks. they expressed an interest in me and offered me an interview. everyone there was very warm and welcoming and so where the interviewers.
    I was interviewed by 4 people, half an hour each, mostly behavioral questions. The HQ undergoing some construction work but otherwise it is spacious and clean, has an awesome cafeteria and a really cool gym. I could see myself working there.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, pretty much the same questions any career advisor would recommend to be prepared for like weaknesses, strengths, why this field?, why this company? etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Black & Veatch in January 2013.

I got the interview through a recruiter. Then, I applied online. Two months later, I received a plane tickets to attend the interview in B&V headquarter

Project Controls Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Black & Veatch in May 2012.

When i interviewed with B&V it seem like a great fit and what they explained to me was exactly what I was looking for. However, when I started the job, things were nothing like they said. The interview seemed to test my skills, but it tested skills that I never had to put to use.

Interview Questions
    I was only able to negotiate the start date.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Black & Veatch in May 2012.

Did phone interview, ask about schooloing and interests

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you were told no and how you were able to accomplish the task   Answer Question

Project Controls Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Black & Veatch in April 2012.

Smooth Interview, friendly staff. Very technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • If you are progress is X% complete and your performance factor is __, what actions should you seek? Where do you forecast the project performance completing at?   Answer Question

Vice President Director of Projects Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Black & Veatch in April 2012.

Very pleasant experience. Company is very professional and polished. Exposure to office and community was well balanced and delightful. Very much a career building experience. Great company with very fair questions to assure a fit into their professional culture. Be yourself and do not try to read the answers or you will fail. If you fit, you both will know it. That is the way it should be.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your biggest failure. Tell me what happened and what you learned from it.   View Answer