Black & Veatch Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2015

2.7

Civil Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Black & Veatch in February 2014.

Interview

I got an interview in the career fair and they chose a campus interview for an half hour next day. It was in campus and I wait and wait but no one response.

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Black & Veatch (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Applied through the campus recruitment website. I got an initial call from a corporate recruiter out of state. I was given an interview itinerary via email and was supposed to meet different interviewers for one to one interviews. One of the interviewers in the list did not interview me because of previous engagement.

Interview Questions

• No uncommon questions, just discussion of past experience and educational background. They were really nice.   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Black & Veatch.

Interview

At the time, I was living in a different state. I got the interview through a contract agency and was not reimbursed for anything. The agency explained that it was a 6 month contract with a chance to "roll over" after that time, but failed to explain that it is NOT common practice with B&V to make the transition right away; it's typically closer to one year and frequently longer than that. There was an initial phone interview and a couple weeks later I met with a couple engineers for maybe 30 minutes in their office. Afterwards, the offer was made by the contract agency.

Interview Questions

• It was several years ago, so I do not remember specific questions. From what I remember, they were pretty basic and standard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not much room for negotiation since the economy was so depressed at the time. I was just thankful to have a job in the same city as my spouse.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

it was okay. they are big talker about the company and all that

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they would not negotiate

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Black & Veatch in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through career fair and got called for an interview the next day. A followup interview through the phone a month after.

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Black & Veatch.

Interview

Interview started with a phone interview with my future supervisor. After that I was selected for a face to face interview. I met with 5 other engineers for 30 minutes and the office manager. It was long but they wanted to get to know my experience and why I became an engineer.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Black & Veatch (Overland Park, KS) in September 2013.

Interview

Phone screen, then phone interview with recruiter. Followed by manager interview then second level manager interview. They apologized for taking so much of my time, but they couldn't get all of them together the first time. I appreciated that explanation, because at first it seemed unnecessary to jump through all those hoops. They were very thorough about the what the job expectations were, which helped me to decide if I was interested in the position.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions - mostly behavioral/situational.   Answer Question

Project Controls Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Black & Veatch in September 2013.

Interview

I applied via Indeed.com. I received an email back from a recruiter asking for a more detailed resume. Once it was decided they would like to interview me, I had a phone interview with the Recruiter. They passed my resume to the Corporate office. I did a phone interview with multiple individuals from the corporate office. A few weeks later, I got a call for an in-person interview for the local office. I went in and met with three individuals from the local office. The entire process took about two months.

Interview Questions

• What do you have to contribute to our company.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Black & Veatch in September 2013.

Interview

I had four rounds of interviews. All of them were non technical which was the most surprising thing since I had applied for the position of an electrical engineer internship. People were very nice, but it was a standard interview with the standard questions. Confident answers are good. I was asked to drive in for the day. All my interviewers were technical people, I did not have any HR interviews. The last two interviewers seemed to be very young, it must have been a learning experience for them

Interview Questions

• Every question was very standard and that was the expected part.   Answer Question

Project Facilitator Closeout Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Black & Veatch (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

One interview for the job. The interview was fast and to the point. If they like you and you work hard then you will do well. There is nothing different about the interview.

Negotiation

one week