Black & Veatch

2.7

Project Controls Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Black & Veatch in May 2012.

When i interviewed with B&V it seem like a great fit and what they explained to me was exactly what I was looking for. However, when I started the job, things were nothing like they said. The interview seemed to test my skills, but it tested skills that I never had to put to use.

Interview Questions
    I was only able to negotiate the start date.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Black & Veatch in May 2012.

Did phone interview, ask about schooloing and interests

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you were told no and how you were able to accomplish the task   Answer Question

Project Controls Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Black & Veatch in April 2012.

Smooth Interview, friendly staff. Very technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • If you are progress is X% complete and your performance factor is __, what actions should you seek? Where do you forecast the project performance completing at?   Answer Question

Vice President Director of Projects Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Black & Veatch in April 2012.

Very pleasant experience. Company is very professional and polished. Exposure to office and community was well balanced and delightful. Very much a career building experience. Great company with very fair questions to assure a fit into their professional culture. Be yourself and do not try to read the answers or you will fail. If you fit, you both will know it. That is the way it should be.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your biggest failure. Tell me what happened and what you learned from it.   View Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Black & Veatch in March 2012.

Was contacted by a recruiter who stated my resume fit what was being sought in the applicant. Set up phone interview which took one hour. The phone interview went well and was called in for a 1:1 interview. This involved travel to the jobsite. The in-person interview lasted four hours and was very relaxed. Was offered a position later in the week.

Interview Questions
    Was told that negotiation was not available due to a regulation.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Black & Veatch in February 2012.

1:1 interview. Behavioral questions.

Water Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Black & Veatch in February 2012.

They reimbursed me for travel to Kansas City, put me up in a nice hotel right on the plaza. They chartered us to the interview site the next day where we had panel interviews as well as a few interviews with 1 or 2 professionals. We were then given a group project that we worked with our groups on that night. The next day we gave a 30 minute presentation on our project.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't any difficult question that got me, the project is quite challenging and really brings out the real engineer in you.   Answer Question
    No, interns have a set pay.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Black & Veatch in January 2012.

The first step entails the typical HR telephone screen. Expect to chat for 30 minutes to an hour depending on who calls you. A second phone call will either be the hiring manager or HR. A site visit is next where you will be provided an agenda and meet with at least three people. This is a conservative place. This is an engineering firm. Read up on the company and be able to explain why you would like to work for B&V. The site interviews have two objectives, do you have the skills needed to join the team, and will you fit on the team? It's pretty straight forward. Wait a few weeks for a call back.

Brief. They have salary ranges and will try and keep to them. Their view is that everyone gets paid fairly. You can try and negotiate, I did, however, understand that the value you bring tot company dictates you rate.

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Black & Veatch in November 2011.

1. University Career Fair
    2. Next day Interview^^
    3. Wait a couple months
    4. Get On-site Interview (8am-2pm) several .5-1hr interviews and info sessions. Lunch and then HR tells you about benifits

Interview Questions
    • How do feedwater heaters increase plant efficiency?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation for entry level positions. In the current economy, you take what you get

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Black & Veatch in October 2011.

1, Talked to them at a university career fair.
    2. Had an on campus interview the next day.
    3. Got a call a month later asking me to come to the headquarters for an interview.

Interview was with a panel of 4 people and lasted about an hour. The interview was very conversational. Got an offer the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you procrastinated on something and how that turned out.   View Answer
    No negotiations really with an intern wage.