Black & Veatch Interview Questions in Kansas City, MO

2.6

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Black & Veatch in May 2012.

Did phone interview, ask about schooloing and interests

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you were told no and how you were able to accomplish the task   Answer Question

Vice President Director of Projects Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Black & Veatch in April 2012.

Very pleasant experience. Company is very professional and polished. Exposure to office and community was well balanced and delightful. Very much a career building experience. Great company with very fair questions to assure a fit into their professional culture. Be yourself and do not try to read the answers or you will fail. If you fit, you both will know it. That is the way it should be.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your biggest failure. Tell me what happened and what you learned from it.   View Answer

Water Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Black & Veatch in February 2012.

They reimbursed me for travel to Kansas City, put me up in a nice hotel right on the plaza. They chartered us to the interview site the next day where we had panel interviews as well as a few interviews with 1 or 2 professionals. We were then given a group project that we worked with our groups on that night. The next day we gave a 30 minute presentation on our project.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't any difficult question that got me, the project is quite challenging and really brings out the real engineer in you.   Answer Question
    No, interns have a set pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Black & Veatch in February 2012.

1:1 interview. Behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Black & Veatch in October 2011.

1, Talked to them at a university career fair.
    2. Had an on campus interview the next day.
    3. Got a call a month later asking me to come to the headquarters for an interview.

Interview was with a panel of 4 people and lasted about an hour. The interview was very conversational. Got an offer the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you procrastinated on something and how that turned out.   View Answer
    No negotiations really with an intern wage.

Construction & Procurement Young Professionals Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Black & Veatch in October 2011.

Met with a recruiter on campus the week of the career fair, heard back about a month later and scheduled a second round in Kansas City. Interview at the same time as about 12 other soon-to-be college grads for the Young Professionals Program. Started with a presentation of the department by a senior manager. Single interview by panel of 3-4 people at all levels and job titles within Construction & Procurement - lots of behavioral questions, some about technical experience. Afterwards, benefits presentation, lunch with new hires and rest of group. Very laid back conversation during interview and time in between. Apparently most people who were invited to this round of interviews received offers. Others agreed that this trip was more about selling Black & Veatch as a company than about getting to know us as potential employees.

YPDP Construction Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Black & Veatch in May 2011.

I was called on Thursday by HR and they flew me out to Kansas City the following Sunday. I was put in a nice hotel and a the HR manager picked me up Monday morning. I arrived to see that there were 15 other canidates as well waiting in the lobby. We were given a 30 minute tour of the building and then taken to a conference romm where various senior professionals came and gave us a brief overview of the company. I was then taken to a room with 3 managers and they began the interview. It was very laid back, I spent ore time listening than talking and answered very few questions. After the Interview they will give you a lunch buddy to take you around and eat lunch with you. This lunch is just as important as the interview, afterwards they will want the opinion of the people you ate with on whether or not to hire you.

Interview Questions
    • The big question they always like to ask is " in what order would you rank safety, quality and cost". Safety is ofcourse number 1 and then Quality and cost. They will expect that you provide some sort of explanation for this so it's important you understand why.   Answer Question
    It was for an Intership, it was based on how long you had been in school. I was a senior and I got 21 dollars an hour.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Black & Veatch in August 2010.

It was slow process but be patient

Interview Questions
    • Why should be hire you and what is your salary expectations. Really? on a 1st interview, they quizzed me on salary expectations on the third question???   Answer Question
    There was NONE. Take it and RUN.

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Black & Veatch in January 2007.

Campus interview, then on sight interview. Offer the next week.