Black & Veatch Interview Questions in Kansas City, MO

Updated Jun 3, 2015

2.6

Senior Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Black & Veatch (Overland Park, KS).

Interview

Consisted of two managers asking multiple questions. The managers each had a different interest in what this role would produce, therefore had differing questions. Some parts of the interview were somewhat uncomfortable as the two managers had multiple side conversations not specific to the interview itself.

Interview Questions

• How would you address a data feed error between two competing applications?   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Black & Veatch (Overland Park, KS) in April 2015.

Interview

They're HR rep contacted me by phone and asked a couple of questions. After that I was asked to participate in a phone interview with the manager of the position. Then I did an on-site interview. That interview consisted of 4 people at separate times. Each one lasting about 30 minutes. All interviewees were very professional and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Questions were primarily asked to test my technical knowledge of the position.   Answer Question

Civil Engineer I - Geotechnical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Black & Veatch (Overland Park, KS) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and submitted my resume. I had an email in about a week asking to set up a phone interview with an HR Recruiter. It was a brief 30 min, get to know you kind of interview. He asked some of the expected questions which started, "Can you give me an example of a time when..." A couple days after that I scheduled another phone interview with one of the group managers. That was another 30-40 min interview which was basically just talking about classes I have taken. A couple days after that they contacted me about an in-person interview at their office. I met most of the people I would work with, and had short 20-30 min interviews with about 6 different people. We just talked about courses I had taken, projects they had worked on, very simple stuff. The interview lasted about 4 hours and ended with lunch with the manager. I was informed the next day that I should expect an offer.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of a time when you didn't get along with a group member?
      Can you give me an example of a time when you had to fall short on quality to finish a project?

1 Answer

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Black & Veatch (Kansas City, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly short, it was a phone interview and I'm almost positive the position was already filled. This being said, I could pretty much tell he was just filling the time slot. All in all, I will be applying at this next career fair and be more prepared to land the spot!

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Black & Veatch (Kansas City, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a 5 hour interview process with half an hour each individual interviews with the last one over lunch. The interviewers were 2-3 years experienced into the company with only one being really senior

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience where you had to put in extra efforts   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Black & Veatch (Kansas City, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of mostly behavioral questions. There were a few technical questions, but only after I had shown knowledge of whatever topic was being talked about. I had 6 thirty minute interviews back to back. It seems like a long process, but the professionals were all very down to earth and seemed genuinely interested in me.

Interview Questions

• Of your previous internship and class experience, what was your favorite project to work on?   1 Answer

Eng Tech I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Black & Veatch (Kansas City, KS) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was long, and somewhat redundant, but honestly enjoyable. No pressure and they made me feel very comfortable. Even though I didn't get out this tone, I'm definitely going to be reapplying.

Engineering Tecjhnician III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Black & Veatch (Overland Park, KS).

Interview

I was hired to the telecom division as a contract employee throught Aerotek in 2008. I was rolled over to a core employee after 2 1/2 years (2011). The hiring process consists of filling out an electronic application for B&V. After they review your application they will offer you a position with the company. After accepting the position, they run a background check and require a drug screen. This is all pretty standard stuff for a corporate job position.

Negotiation

There was not a negotiation process.

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Black & Veatch (Overland Park, KS) in April 2014.

Interview

Flown out to Overland Park, KS office with one night hotel stay. All transportation provided. 8:00 am interview started with a conversation with the department head, who gave an overview of the group. I then had 3 interviews (for 3 different positions) in the same conference room. I stayed in the room while each set of interviews cycled through every 30 or so minutes.

Interview Questions

• Very typical questions: explain your career aspirations, why you want this position, where your interests are, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I could have negotiated, but didn't. HR seems pretty set in their salary ranges.

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Black & Veatch (Overland Park, KS) in February 2014.

Interview

First of all, you need to introduce yourself. Then he asked me about some situation questions. Things like difficult situation you had in the past and how you dealt with that. Because I have a PhD, he asked me why I would apply as an entry level engineer. On the interview form, they have a check mark of EIT or not. Make sure you pass the FE exam.