Black & Veatch

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Eng Tech I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Black & Veatch in November 2014.

The interview process was long, and somewhat redundant, but honestly enjoyable. No pressure and they made me feel very comfortable. Even though I didn't get out this tone, I'm definitely going to be reapplying.

Engineering Tecjhnician III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Black & Veatch.

I was hired to the telecom division as a contract employee throught Aerotek in 2008. I was rolled over to a core employee after 2 1/2 years (2011). The hiring process consists of filling out an electronic application for B&V. After they review your application they will offer you a position with the company. After accepting the position, they run a background check and require a drug screen. This is all pretty standard stuff for a corporate job position.

There was not a negotiation process.

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Black & Veatch in February 2014.

First of all, you need to introduce yourself. Then he asked me about some situation questions. Things like difficult situation you had in the past and how you dealt with that. Because I have a PhD, he asked me why I would apply as an entry level engineer. On the interview form, they have a check mark of EIT or not. Make sure you pass the FE exam.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Black & Veatch in September 2013.

Phone screen, then phone interview with recruiter. Followed by manager interview then second level manager interview. They apologized for taking so much of my time, but they couldn't get all of them together the first time. I appreciated that explanation, because at first it seemed unnecessary to jump through all those hoops. They were very thorough about the what the job expectations were, which helped me to decide if I was interested in the position.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions - mostly behavioral/situational.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Black & Veatch in January 2013.

I got the interview through a recruiter. Then, I applied online. Two months later, I received a plane tickets to attend the interview in B&V headquarter

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Black & Veatch in May 2012.

Did phone interview, ask about schooloing and interests

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you were told no and how you were able to accomplish the task   Answer Question

Project Controls Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Black & Veatch in April 2012.

Smooth Interview, friendly staff. Very technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • If you are progress is X% complete and your performance factor is __, what actions should you seek? Where do you forecast the project performance completing at?   Answer Question

Vice President Director of Projects Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Black & Veatch in April 2012.

Very pleasant experience. Company is very professional and polished. Exposure to office and community was well balanced and delightful. Very much a career building experience. Great company with very fair questions to assure a fit into their professional culture. Be yourself and do not try to read the answers or you will fail. If you fit, you both will know it. That is the way it should be.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your biggest failure. Tell me what happened and what you learned from it.   View Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Black & Veatch in March 2012.

Was contacted by a recruiter who stated my resume fit what was being sought in the applicant. Set up phone interview which took one hour. The phone interview went well and was called in for a 1:1 interview. This involved travel to the jobsite. The in-person interview lasted four hours and was very relaxed. Was offered a position later in the week.

Interview Questions
    Was told that negotiation was not available due to a regulation.

Water Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Black & Veatch in February 2012.

They reimbursed me for travel to Kansas City, put me up in a nice hotel right on the plaza. They chartered us to the interview site the next day where we had panel interviews as well as a few interviews with 1 or 2 professionals. We were then given a group project that we worked with our groups on that night. The next day we gave a 30 minute presentation on our project.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't any difficult question that got me, the project is quite challenging and really brings out the real engineer in you.   Answer Question
    No, interns have a set pay.