Black & Veatch Mechanical Engineer I Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Black & Veatch (Manhattan, KS) in February 2015.

Interview

I talked with a representative at a university career fair. Then had a next-day interview. I was told that I would be contacted within two weeks with either a yes or a no. A month later and I still haven't heard anything from them. Pretty typical of a large company, but still not a good feeling.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Black & Veatch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolla, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Black & Veatch (Rolla, MO) in September 2014.

Interview

1st: Obtained my first interview after attending my school's annual career fair. Note: If you attend a career fair, make sure you stand out, always introduce yourself with a smile, and shake hands. During the interview, bring a portfolio of all the work you have done and all of your accomplishments. This will make the interview process easier and less nerve racking. 2nd: I recieved a phone call from the recruiter and was asked to come to the world head quarters in Overland Park, KS. for a second interview. 3rd: Received a phone call from the recruiter the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a conflict with a group member before and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Black and Veatch besides the opportunity to travel internationally?   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you get an offer from Black and Veatch, TAKE IT!! This company has so many wonderful benefits and opportunities!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Black & Veatch (Overland Park, KS) in April 2014.

Interview

Flown out to Overland Park, KS office with one night hotel stay. All transportation provided. 8:00 am interview started with a conversation with the department head, who gave an overview of the group. I then had 3 interviews (for 3 different positions) in the same conference room. I stayed in the room while each set of interviews cycled through every 30 or so minutes.

Interview Questions

• Very typical questions: explain your career aspirations, why you want this position, where your interests are, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I could have negotiated, but didn't. HR seems pretty set in their salary ranges.

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Black & Veatch.

Interview

Interview started with a phone interview with my future supervisor. After that I was selected for a face to face interview. I met with 5 other engineers for 30 minutes and the office manager. It was long but they wanted to get to know my experience and why I became an engineer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Black & Veatch (Overland Park, KS) in November 2011.

Interview

1. University Career Fair 2. Next day Interview^^ 3. Wait a couple months 4. Get On-site Interview (8am-2pm) several .5-1hr interviews and info sessions. Lunch and then HR tells you about benifits

Interview Questions

• How do feedwater heaters increase plant efficiency?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for entry level positions. In the current economy, you take what you get

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Black & Veatch in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process included 2 interviews. One interview at my university that lasted 15-30 minutes. If they like you, the second interview is at the location where you would work. This interview will last about 6 hours.

Interview Questions

• Its a long process. Be prepared to be interviewed by 6-9 different people during the day.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They make very fair offers and i doubt they would be willing to negotiate especially if you don't have years of relevant experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Black & Veatch (Kansas City, MO) in January 2007.

Interview

Campus interview, then on sight interview. Offer the next week.