Black & Veatch

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolla, MO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolla, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Black & Veatch in September 2014.

1st: Obtained my first interview after attending my school's annual career fair.

Note: If you attend a career fair, make sure you stand out, always introduce yourself with a smile, and shake hands. During the interview, bring a portfolio of all the work you have done and all of your accomplishments. This will make the interview process easier and less nerve racking.

2nd: I recieved a phone call from the recruiter and was asked to come to the world head quarters in Overland Park, KS. for a second interview.

3rd: Received a phone call from the recruiter the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Have you ever had a conflict with a group member before and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work for Black and Veatch besides the opportunity to travel internationally?   View Answer
If you get an offer from Black and Veatch, TAKE IT!! This company has so many wonderful benefits and opportunities!

Other Interview Reviews for Black & Veatch

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Black & Veatch.

Interview started with a phone interview with my future supervisor. After that I was selected for a face to face interview. I met with 5 other engineers for 30 minutes and the office manager. It was long but they wanted to get to know my experience and why I became an engineer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Black & Veatch in November 2011.

1. University Career Fair
    2. Next day Interview^^
    3. Wait a couple months
    4. Get On-site Interview (8am-2pm) several .5-1hr interviews and info sessions. Lunch and then HR tells you about benifits

Interview Questions
    • How do feedwater heaters increase plant efficiency?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation for entry level positions. In the current economy, you take what you get

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Black & Veatch in March 2011.

The interview process included 2 interviews. One interview at my university that lasted 15-30 minutes. If they like you, the second interview is at the location where you would work. This interview will last about 6 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Its a long process. Be prepared to be interviewed by 6-9 different people during the day.   Answer Question
    They make very fair offers and i doubt they would be willing to negotiate especially if you don't have years of relevant experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Black & Veatch in January 2007.

Campus interview, then on sight interview. Offer the next week.