Black & Veatch

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mechanical Engineer I

I applied online and interviewed at Black & Veatch.

Interview Details – Interview started with a phone interview with my future supervisor. After that I was selected for a face to face interview. I met with 5 other engineers for 30 minutes and the office manager. It was long but they wanted to get to know my experience and why I became an engineer.

Interview Question – Why did you become an engineer?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer I

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Black & Veatch in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process included 2 interviews. One interview at my university that lasted 15-30 minutes. If they like you, the second interview is at the location where you would work. This interview will last about 6 hours.

Interview Question – Its a long process. Be prepared to be interviewed by 6-9 different people during the day.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They make very fair offers and i doubt they would be willing to negotiate especially if you don't have years of relevant experience.

Overland Park, KS

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Black & Veatch in November 2011.

Interview Details – 1. University Career Fair
2. Next day Interview^^
3. Wait a couple months
4. Get On-site Interview (8am-2pm) several .5-1hr interviews and info sessions. Lunch and then HR tells you about benifits

Interview Question – How do feedwater heaters increase plant efficiency?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation for entry level positions. In the current economy, you take what you get

Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Black & Veatch in January 2007.

Interview Details – Campus interview, then on sight interview. Offer the next week.

Worked for Black & Veatch? Contribute to the Community!