Black & Veatch
Black & Veatch Mechanical Engineer I Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Intern (4)
- Mechanical Engineer I (4)
- Civil Engineer (4)
- Civil Engineer I (3)
- Engineering Technician (2)
- Electrical Engineer (2)
- Electrical Engineer IV (2)
- Project Manager (2)
- Project Controls Associate (2)
- Instrumentation and Controls Engineer III (1)
- Construction & Procurement Young Professionals Development Program (1)
- Intern Electrical Engineer (1)
- Vice President Director of Projects (1)
- Water Leadership (1)
- YPDP Construction Associate (1)
- Engineering Tecjhnician III (1)
- MPP Commercial Director (1)
- Geotechnical Engineer (1)
- Engineering (1)
- Project Accountant (1)
- Project Controls (1)
- Project Controls Analyst (1)
- Project Controls Senior Associate (1)
- Electrical Engineer I (1)
- Analyst Consultant (1)
- Internship (1)
- Field Engineer (1)
- Human Resources (1)
- Human Resources Associate (1)
- Administrative Coordinator (1)
Mechanical Engineer I Interview (Neutral Experience)
I applied online and interviewed at Black & Veatch.
Interview Details – Interview started with a phone interview with my future supervisor. After that I was selected for a face to face interview. I met with 5 other engineers for 30 minutes and the office manager. It was long but they wanted to get to know my experience and why I became an engineer.
Interview Question – Why did you become an engineer? Answer Question
Mechanical Engineer I Interview (Positive Experience; Difficult Interview)
I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Black & Veatch in March 2011.
Interview Details – The interview process included 2 interviews. One interview at my university that lasted 15-30 minutes. If they like you, the second interview is at the location where you would work. This interview will last about 6 hours.
Interview Question – Its a long process. Be prepared to be interviewed by 6-9 different people during the day. Answer Question
Negotiation Details – They make very fair offers and i doubt they would be willing to negotiate especially if you don't have years of relevant experience.
Mechanical Engineer I Interview (Positive Experience; Easy Interview)
I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Black & Veatch in November 2011.
Interview Details – 1. University Career Fair
2. Next day Interview^^
3. Wait a couple months
4. Get On-site Interview (8am-2pm) several .5-1hr interviews and info sessions. Lunch and then HR tells you about benifits
Interview Question – How do feedwater heaters increase plant efficiency? View Answer
Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation for entry level positions. In the current economy, you take what you get
Mechanical Engineer I Interview (Positive Experience; Average Interview)
I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Black & Veatch in January 2007.
Interview Details – Campus interview, then on sight interview. Offer the next week.
Interviews for Top Jobs at Black & Veatch