Black & Veatch Mechanical Engineer I Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.8

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Black & Veatch (Manhattan, KS) in February 2015.

Interview

I talked with a representative at a university career fair. Then had a next-day interview. I was told that I would be contacted within two weeks with either a yes or a no. A month later and I still haven't heard anything from them. Pretty typical of a large company, but still not a good feeling.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Black & Veatch

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Black & Veatch (Rolla, MO) in September 2014.

Interview

1st: Obtained my first interview after attending my school's annual career fair.

Note: If you attend a career fair, make sure you stand out, always introduce yourself with a smile, and shake hands. During the interview, bring a portfolio of all the work you have done and all of your accomplishments. This will make the interview process easier and less nerve racking.

2nd: I recieved a phone call from the recruiter and was asked to come to the world head quarters in Overland Park, KS. for a second interview.

3rd: Received a phone call from the recruiter the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a conflict with a group member before and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Black and Veatch besides the opportunity to travel internationally?   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you get an offer from Black and Veatch, TAKE IT!! This company has so many wonderful benefits and opportunities!

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Black & Veatch.

Interview

Interview started with a phone interview with my future supervisor. After that I was selected for a face to face interview. I met with 5 other engineers for 30 minutes and the office manager. It was long but they wanted to get to know my experience and why I became an engineer.

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Black & Veatch (Overland Park, KS) in November 2011.

Interview

1. University Career Fair
    2. Next day Interview^^
    3. Wait a couple months
    4. Get On-site Interview (8am-2pm) several .5-1hr interviews and info sessions. Lunch and then HR tells you about benifits

Interview Questions

• How do feedwater heaters increase plant efficiency?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for entry level positions. In the current economy, you take what you get

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Black & Veatch in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process included 2 interviews. One interview at my university that lasted 15-30 minutes. If they like you, the second interview is at the location where you would work. This interview will last about 6 hours.

Interview Questions

• Its a long process. Be prepared to be interviewed by 6-9 different people during the day.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They make very fair offers and i doubt they would be willing to negotiate especially if you don't have years of relevant experience.

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Black & Veatch (Kansas City, MO) in January 2007.

Interview

Campus interview, then on sight interview. Offer the next week.