Black & Veatch Interview Questions in Overland Park, KS

2.7

Engineering Tecjhnician III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Black & Veatch.

I was hired to the telecom division as a contract employee throught Aerotek in 2008. I was rolled over to a core employee after 2 1/2 years (2011). The hiring process consists of filling out an electronic application for B&V. After they review your application they will offer you a position with the company. After accepting the position, they run a background check and require a drug screen. This is all pretty standard stuff for a corporate job position.

There was not a negotiation process.

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Black & Veatch in February 2014.

First of all, you need to introduce yourself. Then he asked me about some situation questions. Things like difficult situation you had in the past and how you dealt with that. Because I have a PhD, he asked me why I would apply as an entry level engineer. On the interview form, they have a check mark of EIT or not. Make sure you pass the FE exam.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Black & Veatch in September 2013.

Phone screen, then phone interview with recruiter. Followed by manager interview then second level manager interview. They apologized for taking so much of my time, but they couldn't get all of them together the first time. I appreciated that explanation, because at first it seemed unnecessary to jump through all those hoops. They were very thorough about the what the job expectations were, which helped me to decide if I was interested in the position.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions - mostly behavioral/situational.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Black & Veatch in January 2013.

I got the interview through a recruiter. Then, I applied online. Two months later, I received a plane tickets to attend the interview in B&V headquarter

Project Controls Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Black & Veatch in April 2012.

Smooth Interview, friendly staff. Very technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • If you are progress is X% complete and your performance factor is __, what actions should you seek? Where do you forecast the project performance completing at?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Black & Veatch in March 2012.

Was contacted by a recruiter who stated my resume fit what was being sought in the applicant. Set up phone interview which took one hour. The phone interview went well and was called in for a 1:1 interview. This involved travel to the jobsite. The in-person interview lasted four hours and was very relaxed. Was offered a position later in the week.

Interview Questions
    Was told that negotiation was not available due to a regulation.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Black & Veatch in January 2012.

The first step entails the typical HR telephone screen. Expect to chat for 30 minutes to an hour depending on who calls you. A second phone call will either be the hiring manager or HR. A site visit is next where you will be provided an agenda and meet with at least three people. This is a conservative place. This is an engineering firm. Read up on the company and be able to explain why you would like to work for B&V. The site interviews have two objectives, do you have the skills needed to join the team, and will you fit on the team? It's pretty straight forward. Wait a few weeks for a call back.

Brief. They have salary ranges and will try and keep to them. Their view is that everyone gets paid fairly. You can try and negotiate, I did, however, understand that the value you bring tot company dictates you rate.

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Black & Veatch in November 2011.

1. University Career Fair
    2. Next day Interview^^
    3. Wait a couple months
    4. Get On-site Interview (8am-2pm) several .5-1hr interviews and info sessions. Lunch and then HR tells you about benifits

Interview Questions
    • How do feedwater heaters increase plant efficiency?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation for entry level positions. In the current economy, you take what you get

Project Controls Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Black & Veatch in March 2011.

Two months after I applied online I received a call at 5:30pm on a Friday. This call consisted of a short interview and an invitation to the home office for another interview. The interview in Overland Park, KS consisted of a panel interview with up to 5 managers which lasted an hour. Very personalized, the interviews concentrated on your experience rather than worthless HR questions such as " If you were an animal what would you be?"

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Black & Veatch in February 2011.

Asked basic personality questions. Very friendly, recruiters all seemed laid back.