BlackBerry

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Software Developer Co-Op

Interviewed at BlackBerry

Interview Details – Only had one phone interview and there 2 people communicating with me over the phone. The interview lasted thirty minutes and I got a call back the week after my interview.

Interview Question – How would know if a number is divisible by 2?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 months - interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2010.

Interview Details – Very long interview process, two separate full days speaking to 10+ people each day, including managers, directors, and VPs
The individuals themselves were all very caring of the length of time for the interview
All interviewers had a veto on hires. Getting through the interview process is something to be very happy with.
Each of the interviewers were very helpful in describing what they considered the most important aspects of this role.
Offer negotiations with HR were professional and helpful

Interview Question – How do you handle pressure, and demonstrate a situation in which you were required to.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate, but the offer was higher than expected so there was very little need.

Statistical Methods Analyst Interview

Statistical Methods Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – Phone interview, easy going with 2 people usually one HR and another one in the department that you would be working with. Couple of questions of why you want to work at Blackberry or IT, your experience at your past jobs and your school history. Job was focused on handling big databases and your experience in excel (data validation, general analysis

Interview Question – What type of chart would you use in excel if you had to measure an employee's share of hours on a monthly basis?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Tester Interview

Software Tester
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – 1. Received email from recruiter to schedule an interview: she seemed very enthusiastic and organized
2. Phone interview with manager with tech questions (software based, the usual ones)
3. Phone interview with other manager about problem solving in general
4. Webcam interview (puke!!) with team members, mostly same questions as # 2
5. Assignment given: more technical questions, some problem solving questions
6. In person with manager and director to review assignment and discuss hobbies
7. Phone interview with VP to discuss career goals and hobbies
8. Receive offer, accept offer, do background check, submit paperwork, begin working.

Total span was about 2 months from 1 to 8.

Interview Question – How can you store extra information in a linked list without adding a new data member given that the memory is X byte aligned?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate. My advice is not to be desperate and if you aren't happy, don't take it! Opt out of the bonus for an increase in base salary and ask for more OFFICIAL vacation.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – one phone interview, one face to face interview. they are both regular interviews.
then one background check which really takes time. I remember it took me 3 weeks to get my conditional offer confirmed.

Interview Question – Tell us a time that you did not meet your manager's expectation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Victoria, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruitment. Positive phone interview conducted by two technical people. They are very nice and erase my nervousness totally. Most questions are behavior questions. Talk a lot about my previous experience.

Interview Question – If you only have one choice, do you prefer to work on time or correctly?   View Answer

Continuous Improvement Specialist Interview

Continuous Improvement Specialist
Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackBerry in November 2010.

Interview Details – Several interviews. Quick overview of resume with HR. Two additional interviews with team and hiring manager to go over specifics with examples of previous work, as well as behavioural questions.

Embedded Systems Software Developer Interview

Embedded Systems Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through school system and got contacted by an individual in HR letting me know of the time of the interview and that it would be a phone interview. Was contacted and had about an hour phone interview going through some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that will return x*7 without using multiplication?   Answer Question
  • Create an array of numbers and randomly shuffle them and without using another array select and card and not be able to choose it again.   Answer Question

Blackberry Technical Analyst Interview

Blackberry Technical Analyst

I applied online - interviewed at BlackBerry in May 2014.

Interview Details – Got a call and was asked some behavioral and technical questions. It seemed pretty easy. Got a mail two days later that i passed the first phone interview. I guess the call was recorded and was probably heard later by the HR and technical personnel's. Was then given a date to come to their facility for a one-on-one interview. Was interviewed by three people. I think two were from HR and one from the technical department. Normal "tell me about a time" kind of questions. The technical questions was pretty simple as they basically wanted to know your thinking pattern and also 1 technical question about exchange servers. By and large, at some point, i noticed one of the HR lady seemed to have lost interest though i wowed her during her own interview session.
Anyway, i answered all the questions to the best of my knowledge and then i was told they will contact me.

Interview Question – What's the most challenging task you get to face as an IT staff?   View Answer

Associate, BlackBerry Customer Technical Support Interview

Associate, BlackBerry Customer Technical Support
Halifax, NS (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in July 2010.

Interview Details – applied online
got an email to attend career event for interview
So I went for technical interview. there were three interviewers. Two were asking behavioral questions, another asking technical questions. They were very friendly though.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation as they were paying a lot better than I was getting before.

Worked for BlackBerry? Contribute to the Community!