BlackBerry

Updated Apr 10, 2014

Getting the Interview

189 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Software Test Developer Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – Applied through university co-op, phone interview lasted for 45 mins.
Questions from resume, the interviewer was really cool guy.

Interview Question – nothing much. Questions only from the resume   Answer Question

Software Tester Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – Phone interview is easy where they ask you about yourself. Then second interview they ask some technical questions about the position you would be working on.

Interview Question – What did you do about a problem you could not solve.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation because it was internship with fix offer.

Software Tester Interview

Software Tester

Interviewed at BlackBerry

Interview Details – It was a co-op position, I applied through my university's career website.
I had a 45 minute in person interview at RIM ottawa office.
I was asked about my previous work experience.
Questions were related to my skills on my resume and testing life cycle questions,

Interview Question – Why testing ?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – Process is a bit unpredictable. First phone screen in February 2008, Started October 2008.

Interview Question – Tell me how you would configure a firewall.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interviewed at BlackBerry

Interview Details – Phone interview. What's the difference between TCP/UDP?

Interview Question – Tell me about your research.   Answer Question

Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – Did 2 Interviews First was over the phone, normal questions about my experience, second interview was Face-to-Face in Mississauga, alot of OOP questions and finally a paper with OOP Questions.. Didnt get an offer.

Interview Question – Normal Questions: How to detect Memory Leak... What is Volatile key word .. etc   Answer Question

Interviewed at BlackBerry

Interview Details – Received an email from Blackberry. Got the interview the following week. Asked to implement insert function for a binary tree.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty simple.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at BlackBerry in December 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview with usual screening process, asking about past experience, degrees and research. There was a good match with my experience and the requirements for the position. Moved on to a group interview with the manager for the position and a developer. Things did not go well with the manager diminished previous my experience and knowledge and took a turn to the worse with a skill test composed only of tricky questions.

Interview Question – Check if an integer is a power of 2 using the least number of operations.   View Answer

Interviewed at BlackBerry

Interview Details – First a couple of questions on my resume. Then two coding questions.

Interview Question – Given an input string and a dictionary of words, segment the input string into a space-separated sequence of dictionary words if possible. For example, if the input string is "applepie" and the dictionary is a standard set of English words, then we would return the string "apple pie" as output.   View Answer

Interviewed at BlackBerry

Interview Details – telephohe interview was conducted and then it was very technical

Interview Question – about unix   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at BlackBerry

Worked for BlackBerry? Contribute to the Community!

BlackBerry Videos

BlackBerry – Why Work for Us?

Be Bold. Be Passionate. Be Creative Be Bold is our philosophy. At BlackBerry, you can push the boundaries and you can rewrite the rules. Innovation is rewarded and you’ll know that the people you work with all share… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BlackBerry interview questions and advice in Canada. All 189 interview reviews posted anonymously by BlackBerry employees and interview candidates.