BlackBerry Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Mar 28, 2015
Updated Mar 28, 2015

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in March 2014.

I applied through BlackBerry career website and the process took three weeks. I had only one round of phone interview. A manager and two senior developers did the interview. Very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Basic OOP concepts, Garbage collection in C, Smart pointers, Difference between Abstract class and Interface   Answer Question

Hardware Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Applied on their website, 3 weeks later got a interview on the phone. 30 min long. Interviewed with 3 guys, very relaxed, very nice guys. Told me about the position, what I'll be doing,very textbook interview. Job involves completing a series of thermal tests identified to qualify a product as well as qualifying prototypes or new solutions and involved in the design and development of new or existing thermal solutions. Easy questions. Got an email next day saying I got the job and got the official offer a week later.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have in python,shell, and matlab?   Answer Question
    • How do you find the size of a matrix and how do you find it's transpose in matlab?   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in July 2011.

Process was simple and professional. The interviewer was more interested in team fit than a specific set of experience. Met with potential team members as well. Relaxed yet professional atmosphere, HR was not very involved.

Technical Project Coordinator Coop Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackBerry.

The interview was in person and very conversation based. The questions asked were more to judge personality and how well i would be interacting in a team setting. No situational questions were really asked nor any technical skill based questions.

Interview Questions
    • What challenges would you face as a project coordinator   Answer Question

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BlackBerry in February 2015.

After applying for this job on the Blackberry site as a part of my Co-op program, I received an invite for a interview via teleconference. The interview was conducted by three interviewees and went on for about a half an hour. Overall it was a good experience and I recieved an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackBerry in January 2015.

Two interviewers which were very nice and laid back. Asked basic questions about projects, skills, etc. Followed by technical questions from topics directly from the job posting. Know your resume and brush upon Java, C++, Databases and OS.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in March 2014.

Had multiple interviews through pipe-line posting.
    One phone interview with the team. Talked about previous projects and knowledge.
    Basic behaviour questions.
    First interviewer was pretty dull and did not want to hear about experience,
    the other two were very nice.

Interview Questions
    • What is a virtual function?
      Define 3 principles of OOP.

Answer Question

Inventory Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry in November 2014.

Went through school co-op. Didn't know what to expect but I did my research. Great company culture and direction despite the media's negative stigma. Standard questions, strengths and weaknesses, they look for personality, professionalism, and goal-oriented people.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Met 2 Engineers, technical interview, got offer a few days later. Questions are pretty common for software interviews. Interview held internally at university campus, lasted about 45 minutes in total

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

This is dependent on really who is seeking to hire you and who you know as well as what level you are applying for. They look at job experience and out of the box thinking. Problem solver

easy