BlackBerry Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

212 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Test Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in June 2014.

it took one month to call me and after almost one month e-mail me rejection letter.asked some general behavioral question, then went to IQ test question, then asked question related testing.
    Q: what you will test if it has issues with showing 7 in mobile.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BlackBerry in January 2010.

Applied through the employer site. Phone screen for 30 minutes, then in person interview with manager, then in-person interview with peers. Whole process form start to finish took almost 3 months. Included background screening and reference checks.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly situational questions, what would you do if you were in this situatione etc. Nothing too complicated   Answer Question
    I accepted the first offer as it was better than I had expected. No negotiation

Embedded Systems Software Developer Interview

Applied on their website for a different position. I was contacted a month later with an interview for an Embedded System Software Developer position. Soon after I had my first phone interview with the manager, and then a second. First consisted of "fit" questions, and second phone interview was technical questions.

Candidate Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in April 2011.

Was referred by a Director, the Hiring Manager reached out to me directly via email asking if I was interested in the role. Had 1 interview with a panel of 3 interviewers, all from OD. Interview was fairly easy.

Interview Questions
    • Typical HR questions, nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    Asked for higher salary but offer was final.

Software Developer Interview

A call from the hiring manager's team members, started out with some behavioral questions (tell me about yourself, talk about resume, projects and extra-curriculars),

Basic behavior questions, nothing difficult, three interviewers at the same time, ppl are nice and talented. Hope the company will turn around.

Software Test Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BlackBerry.

A single call from the hiring manager's team members, started out with some behavioral questions (tell me about yourself, talk about resume, projects and extra-curriculars), and then moved on to some software QA questions, very straight forward. I believe the key here is to show how enthusiastic you are and you should be okay.

Interview Questions
    • What is regression testing, Why do u want to be a tester   Answer Question
    No Nego.

Digital HW Designer Interview

interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2012.

The interview process is very very clear. Phone interview with HR, phone interview with hiring manager, in-person interview with each team member, the interview question is not difficult.
    The HR give offer and then a lot document for background check, reference check, etc.
    On-board is very clear process,

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackBerry in February 2011.

Phone interview - lots of technical questions! Brain teasers. Since I was a remote candidate I just did one phone interview. I got my offer just in two weeks. The interviewers were the same people I worked with during my internship. Be prepared to talk about your previous experience and college projects.

Interview Questions
    • What is the angle between the two branches of your clock when it is 3:15?   View Answer
    • Describe two design patterns.   View Answer
    • What IPC stands for? And explain what it is.   View Answer
    • How to sort 2 million 32-bits integer?   View Answer

Software Engineering Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Applied online through the BlackBerry site, was contacted less than a month later by email for a 30 minute phone interview. They sent an offer package a month or so later with about 10 documents that had to be signed and returned via the package that they sent. Overall it was a very smooth process.

Interview Questions
    • What scripting/UNIX projects have you worked on (Difficult for me since I hadn't done any)   View Answer
    They pay for extra luggage bag, airfare (round trip), transport from/to airport and 2 nights in a hotel.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackBerry in July 2014.

It was a phone interview and the HR person didn't attend it for a personal reason. They asked a lot about my past personal project. (Things like how is this part working, etc) They also made a very comfortable interview atmosphere. I prepared quite a bit on this interview, but ended up not saying much what I was going to say.