BlackBerry Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.9

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Met associates from BlackBerry through various networking events. Got a call for an interview after a month. Was interviewed by a three people panel from the supply chain team. The interview lasted 30 minutes. They began by telling me about the position and asked a few technical and behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your resume and academic journey.   Answer Question
    • Can you tell us the t-code for creating a sales order in SAP?   1 Answer
    • Tell us your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in May 2015.

Interview

First I got a phone interview. Took 50 minutes. Mist of the questions were easy, about how I would deal with stress, workload, and all that staff. After that I got a secont phone interview that one was more related to the position. A lot of field specific terminoloy. Also they asked a lot about my past experiance.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a suggestion you have made that was implemented in your past job?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in January 2011.

Interview

Was initially contacted by an HR rep for phone screen to see if I was a fit for the position. The rep told me that I would hear back in 1-2 weeks if I would be selected for an in person interview. A few days after the phone screen, I received an email to go in for an interview. I arrived at the specified time and the HR rep escorted me to a room and went through typical HR questions for about an hour. The next hour was with several engineers asking about my background and experience. The final hour was with the hiring manager and I pretty much went through my resume and explained why I was a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• Study your common HR questions and make sure you know your resume. I wasn't asked any brain teasers during my interview.   Answer Question

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

Simple phone call with a team of engineers that all worked on the Big Data team. All asked questions on various aspects of software development from Java to Hadoop etc. Very nice bunch of guys and they were very very knowledgeable in their fields.

Interview Questions

• Describe the projects you worked on and what you learned when working on them.   Answer Question

Hardware Designer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

The interviewers were pretty friendly and funny and the interview process is fairly standard. They just go through my resume and asks a few behaviour questions and some of my past experience. I would recommend give it a try as there seems to have a lot to learn and interesting..

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

No telephone interview, straight to in-person interview (seems they had a pressing need and timeline). Single interview with a Director (about 1 hour). No HR questions, just the facts related to role, my experience and how I would "fit".

Interaction Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BlackBerry in June 2013.

Interview

Submitted my portfolio website to a colleague who forwarded it to her manager. Had a 45min-1hr phone interview talking to her, her manager, and two other employees on the team.

Interview Questions

• What's one application/experience/system with good UX design, one with bad UX design, how would you fix it, walk us through one of your projects in your portfolio.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BlackBerry (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a very easy going interview, no technical questions asked. Mostly discussed my previous work experience and projects. The person who interviewed me was really easy to talk to. Overall, it was a nice experience.

Interview Questions

• What did you find the most challenging while working on your project?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BlackBerry (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2011.

Interview

30 minute phone interview
    No technical questions
    questions ranged around previous experience and what I had done at school
    Depending on which team you get, the interview process could be easier or harder
    Other team I interveiwed for asked questions around bit shifting
    A lot of the interview was just about chatting with the manager on the team about projects and what
    I have been working on at school. Easy enough interview, but like I said, it depends on which team you get that interview you. Could be an easy interview, could be a very technical one.

Interview Questions

• If you had unlimited budget and unlimited time what would work on ?   Answer Question

Systems Implementation Specialist (Co-op) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BlackBerry (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

Had a 45 minute phone interview with 3 managers.Most questions were about previous job experience, and some academic experience. They also asked if I had any experience with project management software (such as Microsoft Project), and if I was familiar with various communication standards (LTE, GSM, CDMA etc.). The interview process was fairly standard.