BlackBerry

Updated Nov 26, 2014
Updated Nov 26, 2014

215 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Test Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BlackBerry in July 2014.

Only had one phone interview and there 2 people communicating with me over the phone. The interview lasted thirty minutes and I got a call back the week after my interview.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackBerry in July 2014.

It was a phone interview and the HR person didn't attend it for a personal reason. They asked a lot about my past personal project. (Things like how is this part working, etc) They also made a very comfortable interview atmosphere. I prepared quite a bit on this interview, but ended up not saying much what I was going to say.

Interview Questions
    • How are list and tuple different in Python?   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BlackBerry.

one phone interview, one face to face interview. they are both regular interviews.
    then one background check which really takes time. I remember it took me 3 weeks to get my conditional offer confirmed.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time that you did not meet your manager's expectation?   Answer Question

Software Test Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in June 2014.

it took one month to call me and after almost one month e-mail me rejection letter.asked some general behavioral question, then went to IQ test question, then asked question related testing.
    Q: what you will test if it has issues with showing 7 in mobile.

Blackberry Technical Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BlackBerry in May 2014.

Got a call and was asked some behavioral and technical questions. It seemed pretty easy. Got a mail two days later that i passed the first phone interview. I guess the call was recorded and was probably heard later by the HR and technical personnel's. Was then given a date to come to their facility for a one-on-one interview. Was interviewed by three people. I think two were from HR and one from the technical department. Normal "tell me about a time" kind of questions. The technical questions was pretty simple as they basically wanted to know your thinking pattern and also 1 technical question about exchange servers. By and large, at some point, i noticed one of the HR lady seemed to have lost interest though i wowed her during her own interview session.
    Anyway, i answered all the questions to the best of my knowledge and then i was told they will contact me.

Interview Questions
    • What's the most challenging task you get to face as an IT staff?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Joined as Co-op student from Schulich School of Business and later offered Project Manager Position with the company

Software Developer - Interrn Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Applied through BlackBerry job site. Got an email saying they are reviewing my application for a specific position.
    Two days later, got an interview offer for the next week.

Interview was fairly easy. Asked about my previous experience and what I had done, which wasn't much since it was my first internship.
    Technical Question:
    - what are the three important aspects of the class? Ans. Default Constructor, Copy Constructor and Destructor.
    - Asked about topics related to the job and a bit about Android OS.
    Some other basic questions.

Interview Questions
    They offered a job through my school and I accepted.

Software Tester Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackBerry.

Phone interview is easy where they ask you about yourself. Then second interview they ask some technical questions about the position you would be working on.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do about a problem you could not solve.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation because it was internship with fix offer.

Software Developer, Co-Op Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

I have been contacted first by a recruiter who told me that I had passed the pre-selection process (probably where they discard a lot of applications) and that my résumé would now be made available to the Hiring Manager for review.

Later, I received an invitation for an interview with who I assume was the team leader, which took place a couple of days after that and lasted for about 45 minutes. There were a lot of technical questions, but I had the chance to talk about my personal projects and the programming competitions I attended.

Then I received an answer quickly. I was not selected, but it all went fast from there.

Interview Questions
    • They seem to be working exclusively with C++, so make sure you have an in-depth knowledge of the language. There were mostly "Do you know what is..." and "How would you implement..." on subjects such as communicating between processes, intelligent pointers, multithreading and very specific rules of the language. Needless to say, they want their interns to know their tools.   View Answer

Software Test Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackBerry.

Applied through university co-op, phone interview lasted for 45 mins.
    Questions from resume, the interviewer was really cool guy.