BlackBerry Interview Questions & Reviews in Canada

Updated Aug 21, 2014
207 interviews

207 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Victoria, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, BC (Canada)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in June 2014.

Applied through campus recruitment. Positive phone interview conducted by two technical people. They are very nice and erase my nervousness totally. Most questions are behavior questions. Talk a lot about my previous experience.

Interview Questions
    • If you only have one choice, do you prefer to work on time or correctly?   View Answer

Continuous Improvement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackBerry in November 2010.

Several interviews. Quick overview of resume with HR. Two additional interviews with team and hiring manager to go over specifics with examples of previous work, as well as behavioural questions.

Embedded Systems Software Developer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2013.

Applied through school system and got contacted by an individual in HR letting me know of the time of the interview and that it would be a phone interview. Was contacted and had about an hour phone interview going through some technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Write a function that will return x*7 without using multiplication?   Answer Question
    • Create an array of numbers and randomly shuffle them and without using another array select and card and not be able to choose it again.   Answer Question

Blackberry Technical Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at BlackBerry in May 2014.

Got a call and was asked some behavioral and technical questions. It seemed pretty easy. Got a mail two days later that i passed the first phone interview. I guess the call was recorded and was probably heard later by the HR and technical personnel's. Was then given a date to come to their facility for a one-on-one interview. Was interviewed by three people. I think two were from HR and one from the technical department. Normal "tell me about a time" kind of questions. The technical questions was pretty simple as they basically wanted to know your thinking pattern and also 1 technical question about exchange servers. By and large, at some point, i noticed one of the HR lady seemed to have lost interest though i wowed her during her own interview session.
    Anyway, i answered all the questions to the best of my knowledge and then i was told they will contact me.

Interview Questions
    • What's the most challenging task you get to face as an IT staff?   View Answer

Associate, BlackBerry Customer Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Halifax, NS (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in July 2010.

applied online
    got an email to attend career event for interview
    So I went for technical interview. there were three interviewers. Two were asking behavioral questions, another asking technical questions. They were very friendly though.

no negotiation as they were paying a lot better than I was getting before.

Tech Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Halifax, NS (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at BlackBerry in August 2010.

Consisted of 3 interviews, 2 phone and 1 in person. Very laid back and comfortable environment. Got a good sense there was a lot of good people working there. Training was fair and a lot of effort was put into making sure you were prepared especially in the more recent groups to be hired.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate. I accepted.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2010.

Phone screen followed by 2 separate in person interviews with senior team members and team members. Final interview with director with two more senior members of the team.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions about customer relationships, conflict, time management.   Answer Question

Software Testing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackBerry in July 2012.

Easy interview, started off with introduction and moved on to behavioral questions and technical questions, standard behavioral questions and the technical questions were based mostly on software QA aspects.

no negotiation for interns

Software Test Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in February 2014.

I applied through my campus recruitment portal (University of Waterloo), and heard back from them on time during the interviews period as one would expect.

The interview was at their head office here in Waterloo, and lasted around an hour. I arrived a bit late as I got delayed while leaving after a class, and they were completely understanding of it. The people seemed friendly in general, and my interviewers started off by talking about the job itself.

I was then asked a few general questions like 'Tell me about yourself...', 'What are your strengths and weaknesses?', 'Why do you want to do software testing?' and such. They then proceeded to the more technical questions related to the job itself such as testing methodologies, what would make a good bug report, and software testing scenarios.

Overall, it was a rather challenging interview as they did push for detailed answers and you had to think well on the spot for some of the scenarios. The position also involved working overtime for on-call duty to meet release schedules due to the nature of the team the job was for.

Their reply on the outcome of the interview came a few days later than expected, and resulted in some anxiety and confusion as they had promised to get back within a few weeks by the expected results time for our coop process here in UW.

Interview Questions
    • If one of the keys on the numpad didn't work (pressed but no input displayed) while dialing a call on your phone, how would you find what the problem could be?   View Answer
    • How would you test a microwave?   View Answer
    • If you had to release something by the evening, but only managed to complete a third of the tests by noon, how would you approach the situation?   View Answer

Beta Test Software Issue Coordinator (Internship) Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at BlackBerry in March 2014.

I applied online via the BlackBerry website - received a notice for a phone interview 3 weeks later.

The interview was standard. All questions asked (that required a short/long answer response) were behavioural based. Just about every question I was asked required me to draw from my personal experiences. The only technical questions I was asked happened towards the end of the interview on whether or not I: knew what QNX was, had any experience with Linux/Unix, had any experience with reading error logs, any experience with command line prompts in Linux. Be prepared to back up any personal experiences that you draw. IE. I had previous leadership experience that I mentioned; the hiring manager asked me how I would be able to use what I learned from that experience and apply to this position at BlackBerry.

The interview took roughly 55 minutes; 45 minutes of that involved me answering the employer questions. Phone interview was 1:1, conducted with a person from the User Engagement team.

tl;dr: If you've had interview experience before, this will be fairly easy.

Interview Questions
    • All questions asked were behavioural based. Some that I remember off the top of my head: What leadership qualities can you bring to this position? Recall a time where you were unsuccessful in a team setting; what was the outcome? You can find more examples on these types of questions online.   Answer Question
    Received an offer from my co-op office 3 days after the interview (even though I was told to expect at MINIMUM to wait a week before hearing back). No negotiations.