BlackBerry

202 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Test Developer Interview

Software Test Developer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – Applied through university co-op, phone interview lasted for 45 mins.
Questions from resume, the interviewer was really cool guy.

Interview Question – nothing much. Questions only from the resume   Answer Question

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2010.

Interview Details – Phone screening, phone interview for me

Negotiation Details – No negotiable.

Software Development Co-op Interview

Software Development Co-op
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in February 2014.

Interview Details – Overall this was a great experience - Interviewed on a conference call with 3 people, all part of an individual team, all of which I would end up working with later on. Interview was based heavily on past experiences, some minor technical questions, and a logic question. Overall very relaxed environment, felt really good.

Interview Question – You have a deck of 52 cards, and you have no way of telling which are face down and which are face up. You know 10 of them are face up. Find a way to return 2 stacks of cards with an equal number of face up cards.   Answer Question

Safety Compliance Interview

Safety Compliance

Interviewed at BlackBerry

Interview Details – looking for intern jobs, rim gave me an interview about power and charging, just one phone interview and most of them are easy engineering basic questions and lab questions

Interview Question – How to measure voltage when there is no current?   Answer Question

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process started with an HR phone screen. After this 3 in person interviews took place. Interviews were fairly technical, but not of very high difficulty. They were of medium dificulty.

Interview Question – Not applicable   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

Interviewed at BlackBerry

Interview Details – first interview with HR and hiring manager - standard, then technical with Engineers, final with hiring manager

Interview Question – regular questions, in most cases they already know you .If you are new - not too much chances to get job.....   Answer Question

Blackberry Engineer Interview

Blackberry Engineer
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – It was back in 2005 and not sure if it is relevant any more. Got an email from HR person in RIM, he seemed to find my resume on Workopolis. After sending him my resume we arrange a phone pre-screening interview for about a half hour. After several days I had another phone interview with 3-4 tech people. Questions were easy - DNS, SMTP, HTTP, NTP, Linux and Solaris internals, FW, troubleshooting, etc. After passing that I got face2face interview in Waterloo office. It was semi formal interview with 4 people. Same type of questions, no problems answering them and was waiting when they really start asking HARD TECH questions (which i always enjoy on interviews). It turned out they were looking for general knowledge in *wide* area of skills as they planned to train the new hires for huge stack of *in-house* messaging applications which were *really* complex.

Interview Question – all questions were easy. The range of questions was pretty wide - from load balancing and SQL queries to low level Linux stuff, troubleshooting network issues and tuning the kernel and TCP stack.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – One phone interview- largely behavioral. Also talked about resume elements, previous experiences and current courses taken in college.

Interview Question – Tell a little bit about yourself -_-   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Java Developer
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in September 2010.

Interview Details – Had 2 interviews - one with the manager and team leads. This was a mix of behavioral and some technical conceptual questions on web services, beans, threading etc. The second interview was all technical with team leads and developers from the team. I was giving some problems or scenarios that I needed to resolve or describe how I would handle them. Was not too difficult. Once I got selected, the final approval from higher management took a month or so to clear.

Very Easy Interview

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I interviewed at BlackBerry in May 2010.

Interview Details – No interview required. The manager knew me from my co-op work and I was hired before I finished school.