BlackBerry

205 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Tester Interview

Software Tester

I applied through college or university and interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – Phone interview is easy where they ask you about yourself. Then second interview they ask some technical questions about the position you would be working on.

Interview Question – What did you do about a problem you could not solve.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation because it was internship with fix offer.

Software Test Associate Interview

Software Test Associate
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring process was relatively quick. Being from BC they quickly set up a phone conference interview. The interview was mostly technical questions such as how you would test things, but we also touched on past test experiences, some algorithms and optimization, and finally details about the position itself. Overall, the interview went smoothly and I found it was extremely fair for the position.

Interview Question – What do you hate most about QA and Software Testing... and how would you fix it.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2010.

Interview Details – Phone screening, phone interview for me

Negotiation Details – No negotiable.

Software Developer, Co-Op Interview

Software Developer, Co-Op

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – I have been contacted first by a recruiter who told me that I had passed the pre-selection process (probably where they discard a lot of applications) and that my résumé would now be made available to the Hiring Manager for review.

Later, I received an invitation for an interview with who I assume was the team leader, which took place a couple of days after that and lasted for about 45 minutes. There were a lot of technical questions, but I had the chance to talk about my personal projects and the programming competitions I attended.

Then I received an answer quickly. I was not selected, but it all went fast from there.

Interview Question – They seem to be working exclusively with C++, so make sure you have an in-depth knowledge of the language. There were mostly "Do you know what is..." and "How would you implement..." on subjects such as communicating between processes, intelligent pointers, multithreading and very specific rules of the language. Needless to say, they want their interns to know their tools.   View Answer

Software Test Developer Interview

Software Test Developer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – Applied through university co-op, phone interview lasted for 45 mins.
Questions from resume, the interviewer was really cool guy.

Interview Question – nothing much. Questions only from the resume   Answer Question

Software Development Co-op Interview

Software Development Co-op
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in February 2014.

Interview Details – Overall this was a great experience - Interviewed on a conference call with 3 people, all part of an individual team, all of which I would end up working with later on. Interview was based heavily on past experiences, some minor technical questions, and a logic question. Overall very relaxed environment, felt really good.

Interview Question – You have a deck of 52 cards, and you have no way of telling which are face down and which are face up. You know 10 of them are face up. Find a way to return 2 stacks of cards with an equal number of face up cards.   Answer Question

Safety Compliance Interview

Safety Compliance

Interviewed at BlackBerry

Interview Details – looking for intern jobs, rim gave me an interview about power and charging, just one phone interview and most of them are easy engineering basic questions and lab questions

Interview Question – How to measure voltage when there is no current?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process started with an HR phone screen. After this 3 in person interviews took place. Interviews were fairly technical, but not of very high difficulty. They were of medium dificulty.

Interview Question – Not applicable   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

Interviewed at BlackBerry

Interview Details – first interview with HR and hiring manager - standard, then technical with Engineers, final with hiring manager

Interview Question – regular questions, in most cases they already know you .If you are new - not too much chances to get job.....   Answer Question

Blackberry Engineer Interview

Blackberry Engineer
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – It was back in 2005 and not sure if it is relevant any more. Got an email from HR person in RIM, he seemed to find my resume on Workopolis. After sending him my resume we arrange a phone pre-screening interview for about a half hour. After several days I had another phone interview with 3-4 tech people. Questions were easy - DNS, SMTP, HTTP, NTP, Linux and Solaris internals, FW, troubleshooting, etc. After passing that I got face2face interview in Waterloo office. It was semi formal interview with 4 people. Same type of questions, no problems answering them and was waiting when they really start asking HARD TECH questions (which i always enjoy on interviews). It turned out they were looking for general knowledge in *wide* area of skills as they planned to train the new hires for huge stack of *in-house* messaging applications which were *really* complex.

Interview Question – all questions were easy. The range of questions was pretty wide - from load balancing and SQL queries to low level Linux stuff, troubleshooting network issues and tuning the kernel and TCP stack.   Answer Question

Worked for BlackBerry? Contribute to the Community!