BlackBerry Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Apr 13, 2015

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

one phone interview, one face to face interview. they are both regular interviews.
    then one background check which really takes time. I remember it took me 3 weeks to get my conditional offer confirmed.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time that you did not meet your manager's expectation?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in June 2014.

Interview

it took one month to call me and after almost one month e-mail me rejection letter.asked some general behavioral question, then went to IQ test question, then asked question related testing.
    Q: what you will test if it has issues with showing 7 in mobile.

Blackberry Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BlackBerry in May 2014.

Interview

Got a call and was asked some behavioral and technical questions. It seemed pretty easy. Got a mail two days later that i passed the first phone interview. I guess the call was recorded and was probably heard later by the HR and technical personnel's. Was then given a date to come to their facility for a one-on-one interview. Was interviewed by three people. I think two were from HR and one from the technical department. Normal "tell me about a time" kind of questions. The technical questions was pretty simple as they basically wanted to know your thinking pattern and also 1 technical question about exchange servers. By and large, at some point, i noticed one of the HR lady seemed to have lost interest though i wowed her during her own interview session.
    Anyway, i answered all the questions to the best of my knowledge and then i was told they will contact me.

Interview Questions

• What's the most challenging task you get to face as an IT staff?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Joined as Co-op student from Schulich School of Business and later offered Project Manager Position with the company

Software Developer - Interrn Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Applied through BlackBerry job site. Got an email saying they are reviewing my application for a specific position.
    Two days later, got an interview offer for the next week.

Interview was fairly easy. Asked about my previous experience and what I had done, which wasn't much since it was my first internship.
    Technical Question:
    - what are the three important aspects of the class? Ans. Default Constructor, Copy Constructor and Destructor.
    - Asked about topics related to the job and a bit about Android OS.
    Some other basic questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered a job through my school and I accepted.

Software Tester Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Phone interview is easy where they ask you about yourself. Then second interview they ask some technical questions about the position you would be working on.

Interview Questions

• What did you do about a problem you could not solve.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation because it was internship with fix offer.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

I have been contacted first by a recruiter who told me that I had passed the pre-selection process (probably where they discard a lot of applications) and that my résumé would now be made available to the Hiring Manager for review.

Later, I received an invitation for an interview with who I assume was the team leader, which took place a couple of days after that and lasted for about 45 minutes. There were a lot of technical questions, but I had the chance to talk about my personal projects and the programming competitions I attended.

Then I received an answer quickly. I was not selected, but it all went fast from there.

Interview Questions

• They seem to be working exclusively with C++, so make sure you have an in-depth knowledge of the language. There were mostly "Do you know what is..." and "How would you implement..." on subjects such as communicating between processes, intelligent pointers, multithreading and very specific rules of the language. Needless to say, they want their interns to know their tools.   1 Answer

Software Test Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Applied through university co-op, phone interview lasted for 45 mins.
    Questions from resume, the interviewer was really cool guy.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BlackBerry in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online via the BlackBerry website - received a notice for a phone interview 3 weeks later.

The interview was standard. All questions asked (that required a short/long answer response) were behavioural based. Just about every question I was asked required me to draw from my personal experiences. The only technical questions I was asked happened towards the end of the interview on whether or not I: knew what QNX was, had any experience with Linux/Unix, had any experience with reading error logs, any experience with command line prompts in Linux. Be prepared to back up any personal experiences that you draw. IE. I had previous leadership experience that I mentioned; the hiring manager asked me how I would be able to use what I learned from that experience and apply to this position at BlackBerry.

The interview took roughly 55 minutes; 45 minutes of that involved me answering the employer questions. Phone interview was 1:1, conducted with a person from the User Engagement team.

tl;dr: If you've had interview experience before, this will be fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• All questions asked were behavioural based. Some that I remember off the top of my head: What leadership qualities can you bring to this position? Recall a time where you were unsuccessful in a team setting; what was the outcome? You can find more examples on these types of questions online.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Received an offer from my co-op office 3 days after the interview (even though I was told to expect at MINIMUM to wait a week before hearing back). No negotiations.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in March 2014.

Interview

Had multiple interviews through pipe-line posting.
    One phone interview with the team. Talked about previous projects and knowledge.
    Basic behaviour questions.
    First interviewer was pretty dull and did not want to hear about experience,
    the other two were very nice.

Interview Questions

• What is a virtual function?
      Define 3 principles of OOP.

Answer Question