BlackBerry Embedded Software Developer Interview Questions

2.8

Embedded Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackBerry (Dallas, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied online in summmer and I got call from them in spring semester. It was 30 min phone interview taken by 3 managers. They asked me on telecomm and C language. It was not difficult. I screwed because of my own mistake. Hope this will help other who will give it next time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackBerry

Embedded Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry (Irving, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

I applied online, and received a mail telling to schedule a date for interview. After that, there were 2 rounds on interview. First on Networking and C. Then they mailed me to choose another date for 2nd round. It was on C and OS.

Interview Questions

• Interview 1:
      Difference between TCP and UDP.
      What is volatile keyword? What does it do? How does a compiler handle a volatile keyword? What problems would happen if we don't use volatile keyword?

• Interview 2:
      static keyword? How does an OS handle it?
      What's a module in C? How to write a module?
      What is inline function? Advantages? How does an OS/memory handle inline functions?
      How does a register work? why is it fast? How many variables can u declare in register?

1 Answer
    • what's the advantage of using pointers? why?
      What is an alias pointer? Advantage? disadvantage? How to prevent pointer aliasing?
      What is virtual memory? How does memory mapping occur? advantages of virtual memory?
      What are semaphores? Why do we use them?
      What is page fault? How does it happen? prevention?

1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. The give a pretty decent salary!!

Embedded Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

HR will call you and fix a technical interview with the hiring manager. Technical interview was mainly based on Embedded systems, Coding in C, Projects done. Interview lasted for 30 to 40 minutes

Interview Questions

• It was the course project we had done.About Interrupt based sending and reception in the CAN controller.   Answer Question

Embedded-Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry (Kanata, ON (Canada)) in January 2010.

Interview

Started looking for full-time job around the end of internship term. I wished to stay at the same team since I'm interested in the task given to me. Discussed with my manager a few times. There wasn't any opening until the last week of the internship term. I was swiftly interviewed my manager and two colleagues, mainly discussed the technical area I will work on. There were a few real interview questions. The following background check and paper works took the most of time in the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Describe different TCP states and transitions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not really. They already know I'm interested to continue working in the same team.

Embedded Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BlackBerry in June 2009.

Interview

Technical interview covering aspects of telecom technology and coding.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not very open to negotiation