BlackBerry

www.blackberry.com

BlackBerry Embedded Systems Software Developer Interview Questions & Reviews in Canada

Updated May 20, 2014

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Embedded Systems Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through school system and got contacted by an individual in HR letting me know of the time of the interview and that it would be a phone interview. Was contacted and had about an hour phone interview going through some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that will return x*7 without using multiplication?   Answer Question
  • Create an array of numbers and randomly shuffle them and without using another array select and card and not be able to choose it again.   Answer Question

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in August 2010.

Interview Details – I had phone interview with the HR and she setup 1:1 interview (Brookstreet Hotel).
1. Came in at 9am and fill paper work (availabilaties)
2. two managers (multimedia & OS Performance) invite me to a small room.
3. I told them I am only interested in Multimedia.
     a. He ask me, my previous projects
     b. step me through how would you handle if you want to decode MP3 file (streaming)
     c. ask me to write a small function that will return the X*7
     d. Another function that will do bit reversal basically most significant bit will end up in least significant bit.
4. Are you ready to work week-end.
5. Lasted about 40 minutes

Interview Questions

• Write a function that will return x*7 without using multiplication?   View Answers (2)
  • write a function that will reverse swap bits (MST to LSB) & (LSB to MSB)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in June 2009.

Interview Details – I had applied for several jobs on the RIM website, and I had a complete profile on RIM's taleo website. RIM HR contacted me for a phone interview for a job posting I hadn't applied for yet. The interviewer went over details from my resume, as well as asked some behavioural questions.
although the interview went well, I didn't make it to the hiring manager interview stage. I found out about a month later that I was screened out.

Interview Questions

Worked for BlackBerry? Contribute to the Community!