BlackBerry Embedded Systems Software Developer Interview Questions in Canada

3.2

Embedded Systems Software Developer Interview

Interview

Applied on their website for a different position. I was contacted a month later with an interview for an Embedded System Software Developer position. Soon after I had my first phone interview with the manager, and then a second. First consisted of "fit" questions, and second phone interview was technical questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackBerry

Embedded Systems Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2013.

Interview

Applied through school system and got contacted by an individual in HR letting me know of the time of the interview and that it would be a phone interview. Was contacted and had about an hour phone interview going through some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that will return x*7 without using multiplication?   1 Answer
    • Create an array of numbers and randomly shuffle them and without using another array select and card and not be able to choose it again.   Answer Question

Embedded Systems Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in August 2010.

Interview

I had phone interview with the HR and she setup 1:1 interview (Brookstreet Hotel). 1. Came in at 9am and fill paper work (availabilaties) 2. two managers (multimedia & OS Performance) invite me to a small room. 3. I told them I am only interested in Multimedia. a. He ask me, my previous projects b. step me through how would you handle if you want to decode MP3 file (streaming) c. ask me to write a small function that will return the X*7 d. Another function that will do bit reversal basically most significant bit will end up in least significant bit. 4. Are you ready to work week-end. 5. Lasted about 40 minutes

Interview Questions

• Write a function that will return x*7 without using multiplication?   2 Answers
    • write a function that will reverse swap bits (MST to LSB) & (LSB to MSB)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Embedded Systems Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in June 2009.

Interview

I had applied for several jobs on the RIM website, and I had a complete profile on RIM's taleo website. RIM HR contacted me for a phone interview for a job posting I hadn't applied for yet. The interviewer went over details from my resume, as well as asked some behavioural questions. although the interview went well, I didn't make it to the hiring manager interview stage. I found out about a month later that I was screened out.