BlackBerry

3.2

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry in August 2011.

I applied online and the hiring manager mailed me asking for a date. I replied with the date and the manager was actually busy on that date, so he wanted to have the interview before that date and he mailed me. I was okay with it. It was a good interview with some technical and project based questions.

Interview Questions
  • Whats the use of pointer? How does pointers help in the program efficiency?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about your embedded programming experience.   Answer Question
For interns, they have a specific offer and you wouldn't complain because RIM pays you WELL !! :)

Other Interview Reviews for BlackBerry

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackBerry in March 2011.

I applied for this position through university career center, then they called me and scheduled an interview oncampus. Interview was about 1 hour, initially interviewer inquired about my projects then he asked to write a code in C language. The questions were simple. After the interview I never heard from them.

Embedded Systems Software Developer Interview

Applied on their website for a different position. I was contacted a month later with an interview for an Embedded System Software Developer position. Soon after I had my first phone interview with the manager, and then a second. First consisted of "fit" questions, and second phone interview was technical questions.

Embedded Systems Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackBerry in April 2013.

Applied through school system and got contacted by an individual in HR letting me know of the time of the interview and that it would be a phone interview. Was contacted and had about an hour phone interview going through some technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Create an array of numbers and randomly shuffle them and without using another array select and card and not be able to choose it again.   Answer Question

Embedded Systems Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackBerry in December 2010.

This is a career interview event. It is an invited only event. First a lady from HR asked several general questions like when are you available, how much salary are expected, etc. Then two technical leaders are assigned based on your background. The technical interview starts by asking on how to design a device driver. They also ask to write a small c code and some other basic RTOS questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in August 2010.

I had phone interview with the HR and she setup 1:1 interview (Brookstreet Hotel).
    1. Came in at 9am and fill paper work (availabilaties)
    2. two managers (multimedia & OS Performance) invite me to a small room.
    3. I told them I am only interested in Multimedia.
         a. He ask me, my previous projects
         b. step me through how would you handle if you want to decode MP3 file (streaming)
         c. ask me to write a small function that will return the X*7
         d. Another function that will do bit reversal basically most significant bit will end up in least significant bit.
    4. Are you ready to work week-end.
    5. Lasted about 40 minutes

Interview Questions
    • Write a function that will return x*7 without using multiplication?   View Answers (2)
    • write a function that will reverse swap bits (MST to LSB) & (LSB to MSB)   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in June 2009.

I had applied for several jobs on the RIM website, and I had a complete profile on RIM's taleo website. RIM HR contacted me for a phone interview for a job posting I hadn't applied for yet. The interviewer went over details from my resume, as well as asked some behavioural questions.
    although the interview went well, I didn't make it to the hiring manager interview stage. I found out about a month later that I was screened out.