BlackBerry Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in April 2011.

Interview

Applied online. Get phone interview for twice. A short HR phone interview and a longer technical phone interview. After a few weeks, on site interview with 3 pairs of interviewers. A week later for a last 1:1 onsite interview. Many detailed questions. Make sure you prepare as much details as possible, no matter phone interview or on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe the system you worked on with block diagrams.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BlackBerry

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in January 2011.

Interview

Was initially contacted by an HR rep for phone screen to see if I was a fit for the position. The rep told me that I would hear back in 1-2 weeks if I would be selected for an in person interview. A few days after the phone screen, I received an email to go in for an interview. I arrived at the specified time and the HR rep escorted me to a room and went through typical HR questions for about an hour. The next hour was with several engineers asking about my background and experience. The final hour was with the hiring manager and I pretty much went through my resume and explained why I was a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• Study your common HR questions and make sure you know your resume. I wasn't asked any brain teasers during my interview.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry in May 2010.

Interview

They asked me some question about my programming experience, and also some questions related to the project that I have done. what kind of tools and skills I have used.They also introduct themselves for about several minute. It took about 1 hours.Usually it will take about a month to get through whole interview.

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry in July 2008.

Interview

I was asked several questions about C programming and bit wise operations. Interview took only half an hour and it was not too hard. I was very anxious though. there were two interviewers. I got the offer around 20 days later as a part of ranking process. I hope this helps.