Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at BlackBerry
- Software Developer (61)
- Software Engineer (19)
- Software Developer Co-Op (17)
- Project Manager (12)
- Project Coordinator (12)
- Embedded Systems Software Developer (7)
- Software Tester (6)
- Software Test Associate (6)
- Software Tools Developer (5)
- Analyst (4)
- Business Analyst (4)
- Manager (4)
- Embedded Software Developer (4)
- Human Resources (4)
- Software Test Specialist (4)
- Director (3)
- Engineering (3)
- Senior Software Engineer (3)
- Marketing Specialist (3)
- Intern (3)
- Operations (3)
- Web Developer (2)
- Team Lead (2)
- Technical Support (2)
- Test Engineer (2)
- Hardware Designer (2)
- Supply Chain (2)
- Tester (2)
- Testing Specialist (2)
- Tools Developer (2)
Human Resources Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at BlackBerry (Irving, TX) in May 2011.
Received a call from an internal recruiter who offices in a different city and she phone screened me. I was then asked to go in for an onsite interview. The hiring manager and her direct report (the team) both met with me, and spent a long time to go over behavioral interview questions. Organized but relaxed atmosphere and the team meeting was nice. The next step was to meet with the director - but was informed that the position was frozen.
- I was provided with a scenario where three employee relations situations that all occurred at the same time. I was asked how I would handle each of them in what order, then asked why I chose to tackle them in the manner I described. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for BlackBerry
Human Resources InterviewDeclined OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).
Phone screen with recruiter, 10 questions, standardized around experience as it relates to role, experience and looking for. Very standard and general every time Face to face with recruiter, hiring manager and a team member, very prescriptive, scored interview on a 2 page document. Very formula based, behavioural interview. Final interview with senior leader of HR or business combination. Relaxed, similar experience questions
- What was the most difficult employee relations issue you have encountered in your career? Describe the issue, and steps you took to work to resolution, and what the final result was. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Not interested in the work, manager kept emailing and texting during the interview, really seemed unconcerned about my answers. Couldn't imagine working for this person.
Human Resources InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at BlackBerry in March 2011.
Very detailed phone interview by recruiter. Recruiter was very open to non-traditional backgrounds for the role. Asked behavioural questions as well as motivational questions. Followed up with an opportunity for me to ask questions, then clearly outlined the next steps in the process. Interview length in total was about 45 minutes. Overall, very impressed with their recruitment strategy.
- Tell us about a time when you had to achieve buy-in from a team. Answer Question
Human Resources InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3+ months – interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in January 2010.
Applied through the employer site. Phone screen for 30 minutes, then in person interview with manager, then in-person interview with peers. Whole process form start to finish took almost 3 months. Included background screening and reference checks.
- Mostly situational questions, what would you do if you were in this situatione etc. Nothing too complicated Answer Question
I accepted the first offer as it was better than I had expected. No negotiation