BlackBerry

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in May 2011.

Received a call from an internal recruiter who offices in a different city and she phone screened me. I was then asked to go in for an onsite interview. The hiring manager and her direct report (the team) both met with me, and spent a long time to go over behavioral interview questions. Organized but relaxed atmosphere and the team meeting was nice. The next step was to meet with the director - but was informed that the position was frozen.

Interview Questions
  • I was provided with a scenario where three employee relations situations that all occurred at the same time. I was asked how I would handle each of them in what order, then asked why I chose to tackle them in the manner I described.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BlackBerry

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BlackBerry.

Phone screen with recruiter, 10 questions, standardized around experience as it relates to role, experience and looking for. Very standard and general every time
    Face to face with recruiter, hiring manager and a team member, very prescriptive, scored interview on a 2 page document. Very formula based, behavioural interview.
    Final interview with senior leader of HR or business combination. Relaxed, similar experience questions

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult employee relations issue you have encountered in your career? Describe the issue, and steps you took to work to resolution, and what the final result was.   Answer Question

Not interested in the work, manager kept emailing and texting during the interview, really seemed unconcerned about my answers. Couldn't imagine working for this person.

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackBerry in March 2011.

Very detailed phone interview by recruiter. Recruiter was very open to non-traditional backgrounds for the role. Asked behavioural questions as well as motivational questions. Followed up with an opportunity for me to ask questions, then clearly outlined the next steps in the process. Interview length in total was about 45 minutes. Overall, very impressed with their recruitment strategy.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had to achieve buy-in from a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BlackBerry in January 2010.

Applied through the employer site. Phone screen for 30 minutes, then in person interview with manager, then in-person interview with peers. Whole process form start to finish took almost 3 months. Included background screening and reference checks.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly situational questions, what would you do if you were in this situatione etc. Nothing too complicated   Answer Question
    I accepted the first offer as it was better than I had expected. No negotiation