BlackBerry

383 candidate interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

Interviewed at BlackBerry

Interview Details – Phone interview, followed by on-site. Met a total of 5 people.

Interview Question – Do you think RIM can regain the lost market shares from Apple?   View Answer

Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – Did 2 Interviews First was over the phone, normal questions about my experience, second interview was Face-to-Face in Mississauga, alot of OOP questions and finally a paper with OOP Questions.. Didnt get an offer.

Interview Question – Normal Questions: How to detect Memory Leak... What is Volatile key word .. etc   Answer Question

Software Test Specialist - Intern Interview

Software Test Specialist - Intern

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – Interviewing for internship at RIM is a simple process. The first step is to apply online and then the Recruiter contacts you to setup an interview with the Manager/Team Lead. Then it is totally upto the interviewer to go into technical details or interview based on the resume.
For internship only one round of telephonic interview occurs and the result is communicated in a week's time.

Interview Question – An application oriented question to determine how will a GMAIL system will be tested.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – For interns there is no negotiation

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Hardware Design Engineer
Rolling Meadows, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by a on-site interview.

Interview Question – Questions about general knowledge of smartphone design, circuit equations, and qualifications on resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiations

Interviewed at BlackBerry

Interview Details – I am developer of the subsidiary company. Interview process is not so difficult.Mostly experience related and a basic coding question.

Interview Question – Not much. Just the experience related questions and white board coding question   Answer Question

Milford, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – I met them at my college career fair. They were recruiting people for their Milford, Connecticut branch. They had a 45 min phone interview where they asked me to type a program in google documents, a basic number to string conversion for the headers in column for microsoft excel, eg A - 1 .. Z - 26, AA - 27 etc.. I did that and they called for an onsite interview. I surprisingly had 3 one to one HR rounds and only 1 technical round (2 interviewers). In the technical round they asked me to code, if given a dictionary as a huge stream (words separated with commas) and a word to search, how would I find it in the stream. According to me all the rounds went fine, so I am guessing my rejection was only based on the fact that I didnt have much mobile programming experience.

Interview Question – One question in the phone interview and one in the onsite technical round, but both were easy...   Answer Question

Co-op Student - Applications Interview

Co-op Student - Applications

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – Applied online and got phone interview after two weeks

Interview Question – Behavioral mostly with technical questions   Answer Question

RF Test Associate, Student Internship Interview

RF Test Associate, Student Internship

Interviewed at BlackBerry

Interview Details – I received a phone interview invitation 2 weeks after I submitted my resume. The whole interview was informal. I was asked some behavioral questions and some RF engineering concept of which you learn from your program. At the end of the interview the interviewer said I passed then a week later I received the job offer.

Interview Question – Describe what you know about 3G   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

Interviewed at BlackBerry

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by HR for a phone interview. The first round was very straightforward, and I was contacted for a second interview with the hiring manager two weeks later. Two weeks after that, I was told I was going to receive an offer, but didn't receive the offer until several more weeks after that. The whole process was about two months.

Interview Question – How do you keep yourself organized to meet deadlines?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate the offer.

SMT Operator Interview

SMT Operator

Interview Details – phone interview. onsite skill test. onsite interview

Interview Question – how did you argue with your colleagues?   Answer Question

Worked for BlackBerry? Contribute to the Community!