BlackBerry Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

Software Test Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in June 2014.

it took one month to call me and after almost one month e-mail me rejection letter.asked some general behavioral question, then went to IQ test question, then asked question related testing.
    Q: what you will test if it has issues with showing 7 in mobile.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BlackBerry in January 2010.

Applied through the employer site. Phone screen for 30 minutes, then in person interview with manager, then in-person interview with peers. Whole process form start to finish took almost 3 months. Included background screening and reference checks.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly situational questions, what would you do if you were in this situatione etc. Nothing too complicated   Answer Question
    I accepted the first offer as it was better than I had expected. No negotiation

Embedded Systems Software Developer Interview

Applied on their website for a different position. I was contacted a month later with an interview for an Embedded System Software Developer position. Soon after I had my first phone interview with the manager, and then a second. First consisted of "fit" questions, and second phone interview was technical questions.

Candidate Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in April 2011.

Was referred by a Director, the Hiring Manager reached out to me directly via email asking if I was interested in the role. Had 1 interview with a panel of 3 interviewers, all from OD. Interview was fairly easy.

Interview Questions
    • Typical HR questions, nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    Asked for higher salary but offer was final.

Software Developer Interview

A call from the hiring manager's team members, started out with some behavioral questions (tell me about yourself, talk about resume, projects and extra-curriculars),

Basic behavior questions, nothing difficult, three interviewers at the same time, ppl are nice and talented. Hope the company will turn around.

Software Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in December 2012.

Held a company interview at a local hotel to recruit for a new project after layoffs at another company. Went there for several different interviews with multiple managers. After that there were more phone conversations, background checks that had to be done, then the offer letter. All of this took a long time because of the different departments and approvals that these new positions had to go through.

Software Test Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BlackBerry.

A single call from the hiring manager's team members, started out with some behavioral questions (tell me about yourself, talk about resume, projects and extra-curriculars), and then moved on to some software QA questions, very straight forward. I believe the key here is to show how enthusiastic you are and you should be okay.

Interview Questions
    • What is regression testing, Why do u want to be a tester   Answer Question
    No Nego.

Software Validation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BlackBerry in September 2012.

Very logical and reasoned process. After phone screen by hiring manager, I was called in for a formal interview by the Development team lead. When I arrived, I found 3 separate team leads and a senior manager. Each had excellent interviewing skills, asking difficult questions pertaining to the position. The questions became more detailed as they attempted to find my technical limits. However, the interview was still concluded within one hour.

Interview Questions
    • A question regarding my stance of the balance of product deadlines vs product quality.   View Answer
    Negotiation was simple, I accepted the first offer as it was handsome and slightly higher than expected.

Digital HW Designer Interview

interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2012.

The interview process is very very clear. Phone interview with HR, phone interview with hiring manager, in-person interview with each team member, the interview question is not difficult.
    The HR give offer and then a lot document for background check, reference check, etc.
    On-board is very clear process,

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackBerry in February 2011.

Phone interview - lots of technical questions! Brain teasers. Since I was a remote candidate I just did one phone interview. I got my offer just in two weeks. The interviewers were the same people I worked with during my internship. Be prepared to talk about your previous experience and college projects.

Interview Questions
    • What is the angle between the two branches of your clock when it is 3:15?   View Answer
    • Describe two design patterns.   View Answer
    • What IPC stands for? And explain what it is.   View Answer
    • How to sort 2 million 32-bits integer?   View Answer