BlackBerry

Updated Feb 24, 2015

Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online – interviewed at BlackBerry.

Applied via Indeed.com for the Product Delivery Team . Got a call to schedule first round phone interview. The first round interview was taken by one of the team members and was technical but nothing too difficult. Like basic questions on OOPS and other test cases such as functionality of a calculator. Then a second round phone interview was scheduled which I expected to be more technical but that was actually by the team lead and she only asked HR type questions.

Senior Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BlackBerry.

HR guy got in touch after viewing profile in linkedIn.

Radio Software Integration - Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in July 2013.

I was emailed about the interview with the scheduled date and time. The phone interview lasted one hour. I was asked questions from everything on my resume. The questions were technical as well as behavorial. Two days later the HR called to inform me I got the internship.

Interview Questions
    • Explain what happens from the time the WiFi adapter is switched on to the moment connection is established. Although I know the answer now, I was not thorough at the time I took the interview.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

get a phone interview first, then just discuss about your background, some stuffs in your resume, then schedule a technical interview one week later.

Interview Questions
    • Are you farmiliar with the IOS, Blackberry OS, or Window OS?   Answer Question

Radio Software Integration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in June 2013.

you need to apply for the position in the company website.
    Later i got a mail from the recruiter that i need to give a phone interview.
    The phone interview went for about an hour which is done by two individuals.
    1st person asked me more about the projects i mentioned in my resume and technical questions regarding in the field of RF.
    2nd person is completely technical round.

as it iwas an intern position so i was not able to negostiate

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Job fair interview.
    Basic questions on C, C++ and JAVA like size of integer, sizeof() related questions.

Interview Questions
    • Main question was how to reverse the words in a sentence
      eg: "This is a test sentence." output should be "sentence test a is This."

View Answer

Mechanical Designer Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

The interview was based only in two questions, and the last question was to give an answer in a concept of mechanical engineering. I guess was not bad for an interview with them. Unfortunately, no answer since then (at least from the company if I was accepted or not), however, the HR said that they choose a candidate and those ones rejected received an email notifying. Email which I never received and thank I wonder to ask, if not I'll be still waiting for a response

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BlackBerry.

You ll have 1 Hr round and a onsite interview

Embedded Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry in April 2013.

Got a phone call from the HR manager & he asked about few stuffs in the resume. He scheduled a technical round on the immediate next day. A senior level engineer called me & asked questions regarding auto-interrupts, external interrupts, SPI, UART & DAC. He also asked some questions in C about linked list & structures. Asked few questions from RTOS, difference between semaphore & mutex, scheduler & stack, frame pointers.

Interview Questions
    • Design a function that takes a structure and inserts it into a sorted linked list of structures   Answer Question

Embedded Engineer Intern Interview

Applied on their website, got a call to schedule and interview.

Interview Questions
    • Difference between programming on an embedded system and a PC   Answer Question