BlackBerry Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

Radio Software Integration - Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in July 2013.

I was emailed about the interview with the scheduled date and time. The phone interview lasted one hour. I was asked questions from everything on my resume. The questions were technical as well as behavorial. Two days later the HR called to inform me I got the internship.

Interview Questions
    • Explain what happens from the time the WiFi adapter is switched on to the moment connection is established. Although I know the answer now, I was not thorough at the time I took the interview.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

get a phone interview first, then just discuss about your background, some stuffs in your resume, then schedule a technical interview one week later.

Interview Questions
    • Are you farmiliar with the IOS, Blackberry OS, or Window OS?   Answer Question

Radio Software Integration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in June 2013.

you need to apply for the position in the company website.
    Later i got a mail from the recruiter that i need to give a phone interview.
    The phone interview went for about an hour which is done by two individuals.
    1st person asked me more about the projects i mentioned in my resume and technical questions regarding in the field of RF.
    2nd person is completely technical round.

as it iwas an intern position so i was not able to negostiate

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Job fair interview.
    Basic questions on C, C++ and JAVA like size of integer, sizeof() related questions.

Interview Questions
    • Main question was how to reverse the words in a sentence
      eg: "This is a test sentence." output should be "sentence test a is This."
        View Answer

Mechanical Designer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

The interview was based only in two questions, and the last question was to give an answer in a concept of mechanical engineering. I guess was not bad for an interview with them. Unfortunately, no answer since then (at least from the company if I was accepted or not), however, the HR said that they choose a candidate and those ones rejected received an email notifying. Email which I never received and thank I wonder to ask, if not I'll be still waiting for a response

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BlackBerry.

You ll have 1 Hr round and a onsite interview

Embedded Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry in April 2013.

Got a phone call from the HR manager & he asked about few stuffs in the resume. He scheduled a technical round on the immediate next day. A senior level engineer called me & asked questions regarding auto-interrupts, external interrupts, SPI, UART & DAC. He also asked some questions in C about linked list & structures. Asked few questions from RTOS, difference between semaphore & mutex, scheduler & stack, frame pointers.

Interview Questions
    • Design a function that takes a structure and inserts it into a sorted linked list of structures   Answer Question

Embedded Engineer Intern Interview

Applied on their website, got a call to schedule and interview.

Interview Questions
    • Difference between programming on an embedded system and a PC   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Sent resume on campus job fair. Got a email notification for a 30-minutes phone interview 3 weeks after that job fair. The phone interview has nothing to do with technical problems. The interviewer first introduce the basic information of their company and their development teams. Then he just asked several questions about the resume. Then, he asked about the biggest coding project you did before.

Interview Questions
    • How many classes have you did in your previous project?   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackBerry.

two phone interviews