BlackBerry

383 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

RF Test Associate Interview

RF Test Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – Applied online through the careers website. Got a call after 3+ weeks.

Interview Question – Do you have any experience with C?   Answer Question

Radio Software Integration Interview

Radio Software Integration
Sunrise, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in June 2013.

Interview Details – you need to apply for the position in the company website.
Later i got a mail from the recruiter that i need to give a phone interview.
The phone interview went for about an hour which is done by two individuals.
1st person asked me more about the projects i mentioned in my resume and technical questions regarding in the field of RF.
2nd person is completely technical round.

Negotiation Details – as it iwas an intern position so i was not able to negostiate

Team Lead Interview

Team Lead
Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BlackBerry in October 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring went well

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate salary

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BlackBerry in August 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process is relatively easy compared to the competitors, just couple of rounds of interviews and thats it. Hiring process is easy, but slow

Interview Question – Questions about the domain   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation phase for fast and quick because of me.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in September 2010.

Interview Details – After an initial phone screen, walked into a recruiting event and went thru 3 rounds of interview- one technical, one behavioral and one HR.

Interview Question – None too difficult. Discussion on quick sort, its run time complexity, basic OOP concepts. Few questions related to Polymorphism and Java specific class definitions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The HR came back with an offer and we went back and forth a couple of times before I accepted the offer.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at BlackBerry in October 2010.

Interview Details – Mostly technical questions

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate much

Mobile Applications Developer Interview

Mobile Applications Developer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – I was an intern for two semesters before I applied back for the same team after graduation, so my experience may be shorter than others.

My interview for the intern position was a phone screen that lasted a little longer than an hour with 4 developers and 2 managers. The managers explained the projects that the respective teams owned while the developers asked questions. The questions mostly consisted of object oriented design principles of Java and regular expressions.

I applied through the public employment portal. The process took close to a month from scheduling an interview, through the background check, until I had an offer. The interview consisted of 6 rounds, 4 of them being technical questions or riddles and the other two regarding my experience outside of BlackBerry.

Interview Question – For my internship the most expected question was whether or not interfaces are supported in C++. I answered, no that's a Java only construct. The interviewer then asked if I was familiar with the virtual keyword in cpp, at which point I realized that you could create an equivalent of a Java interface in cpp by creating an abstract class with only pure virtual member functions. A great question.

For my full time interview, there a few trickster questions regarding memory management in C/C++ (e.g. when and where will this program crash, where is the memory leak, etc.) as well as a few general binary search tree and linked list questions. Expect a few questions regarding running time and concurrency, but nothing too grueling.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was simple enough, but seemed to draw out for too long. They offered me more than my ballpark figure was with good benefits. The longest and most grueling part was the background check.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in July 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was pretty quick. They needed people ASAP at the time I started there. Regular intervirew questions, not that much technical.

Interview Question – OS level question I didn't know about   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I told them I got another offer higher from another company, they raised their offer by 10K.

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Software Development Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – Very easy, discussed project from previous internship

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Manager of Innovation Interview

Manager of Innovation

Interviewed at BlackBerry

Interview Details – Typical with background check. Must have a lot of info to verify your who you claim to be.

Interview Question – What year and day did you graduate high school.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at BlackBerry