BlackBerry

Relevance Date Difficulty

Power Designer Interview

Power Designer
Rolling Meadows, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in December 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process was pretty smooth. You need to be very clear aboutt he basics of your field. Usually the interviewers are pretty knowledgeable about the subject so dont try to fake it.

Also be prepared to solve some riddles in the end of the interview. Also be prepared to answer questions related to blackberry.

Interview Question – None. Did not expect to solve riddles//puzzles in the end.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in June 2010.

Interview Details – i had a telephonic interview then 1:1 interview and since i was already an intern it was mostly related to my work experience and the projects i did during my masters.

Interview Question – mostly on C and memory organization   Answer Question

Radio Software Integration -Student Interview

Radio Software Integration -Student
Sunrise, FL

The process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackBerry in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was based on questions on C, RTOS and PLL.

Interview Questions

• What is a semaphore, mutex, static variable. What are abstract classes.   Answer Question
  • Explain project you are working on. Have you ever worked on hardware or just simulation?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
Sunrise, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2009.

Interview Details – I first had a preliminary phone screening interview with the company's recruiter. Then I land a phone interview with the company's hiring manager who basically wanted to evaluate my previous work experiences as well as my abilities and skills, and also gauge the interest and enthusiasm I had for the position. Finally I had 1:1 interviews (lasted about 30 minutes each) with a web developer, a java software engineer, a team leader, a middle manager and a HR representative. I got the offer letter within a few days of the on-site interview which I gladly accept.

Advice: Although it isn’t a replacement for a face-to-face interview, making a good impression over the telephone can increase your chance of being asked to an in-person meeting and ultimately to landing the job.

Interview Question – What are the benefits of using Strict over Transitional DOCTYPEs?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary negotiation is part of the hiring process, but is always a risk. By not accepting an offer right away it leaves it open for other candidates to come into the picture. My advice is that you should take the first offer if you’re happy with it and you feel passionate about what the company does. Never negotiate just for the sake of negotiating.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Software Developer Co-Op
Cary, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in November 2011.

Interview Details – After applying for the position, they reached out to set up an on site interview. The interview consisted of my future team leader and one other team member. The interview consisted of basic questions like time management, working in a team environment, and other common questions. They also ask about your school projects and your role for those projects. Overall, the process was pleasant, and the turnaround time was quick for me as well. It only took them a weekend to make the offer, which I accepted.

Interview Question – Tell me about the role you played in this particular project   Answer Question

Embedded Software Developer Interview

Embedded Software Developer
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online, and received a mail telling to schedule a date for interview. After that, there were 2 rounds on interview. First on Networking and C. Then they mailed me to choose another date for 2nd round. It was on C and OS.

Interview Questions

• Interview 1:
    Difference between TCP and UDP.
    What is volatile keyword? What does it do? How does a compiler handle a volatile keyword? What problems would happen if we don't use volatile keyword?
  • Interview 2:
    static keyword? How does an OS handle it?
    What's a module in C? How to write a module?
    What is inline function? Advantages? How does an OS/memory handle inline functions?
    How does a register work? why is it fast? How many variables can u declare in register?
      View Answer
  • what's the advantage of using pointers? why?
    What is an alias pointer? Advantage? disadvantage? How to prevent pointer aliasing?
    What is virtual memory? How does memory mapping occur? advantages of virtual memory?
    What are semaphores? Why do we use them?
    What is page fault? How does it happen? prevention?
      View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The give a pretty decent salary!!

Validation Engineer Interview

Validation Engineer
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2012.

Interview Details – Got a mail regarding the position and when it was possible to take the interview. After a date was fixed, had a call interview for 45 mins. Initially briefed about the company and the department followed by asking personal experiences and some technical question.

Radio Software Engineer Interview

Radio Software Engineer
Sunrise, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in December 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed for an internship position. The post I was offered was of a Radio Software Enginner.
My friend had forwarded my resume.
It took just 2 hours for RIM to schedule an interview with me. I was lucky!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – NA

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Software Developer Co-Op
Andover, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in March 2012.

Interview Details – The recruiter took my resume at career fair. They emailed me to shcedule a phone interview. Following week of phone interview, I was invited to company for face to face interview. I took 2 hours in total with 4 different softeare engineers and a hiring manager. The questions was easy in general but I gave wrong anwers because I was nervous. They were looking for c++ developer.

Software Intern Interview

Software Intern
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in March 2012.

Interview Details – One interview from the hiring manager. Single round.
Phone interview lasted about 45 minutes and discusses Java, C++, Object oriented programming, and my resume.
Offer was given within the week. Manager had problems ready on google docs but decided not to use them.

Mainly technical questions, and theoretical coding problems.

Interview Question – Discuss Object Oriented Programming principals   View Answer