BlackBerry Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

Embedded Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackBerry (Dallas, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied online in summmer and I got call from them in spring semester. It was 30 min phone interview taken by 3 managers. They asked me on telecomm and C language. It was not difficult. I screwed because of my own mistake. Hope this will help other who will give it next time.

Software Test Engineering Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackBerry (Redwood City, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

There were 4 interviews each of 45 minutes. Most of interviee were friendly and helpful.

Embedded Systems Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in August 2011.

Interview

I applied online and the hiring manager mailed me asking for a date. I replied with the date and the manager was actually busy on that date, so he wanted to have the interview before that date and he mailed me. I was okay with it. It was a good interview with some technical and project based questions.

Interview Questions

• Whats the use of pointer? How does pointers help in the program efficiency?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your embedded programming experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

For interns, they have a specific offer and you wouldn't complain because RIM pays you WELL !! :)

Baseband Interface Validation Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackBerry (Irving, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

This was a co-op position. There was only a telephonic interview. The team lead conducted the interview. Was very friendly and helpful. Asked questions about basic circuits and a few behavioral questions. The offer was made 2 days later by the HR.

Interview Questions

• If you find out that there is something wrong with the circuit, wht would you do to find the error?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

Was a piece of cake. Java Fundamentals, Concurrency Paradigms, Design and Concurrency Patterns, Memory Models

Interview Questions

Negotiation

did not negotiate

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackBerry (Charlotte, NC) in June 2011.

Interview

2 Phone Interviews.

Projects I have done
    Level of expertise in Java
    OOP Concepts
    How would you rate urself in java
    Why should we hire you

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry (Irving, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

Received a call from an internal recruiter who offices in a different city and she phone screened me. I was then asked to go in for an onsite interview. The hiring manager and her direct report (the team) both met with me, and spent a long time to go over behavioral interview questions. Organized but relaxed atmosphere and the team meeting was nice. The next step was to meet with the director - but was informed that the position was frozen.

Interview Questions

• I was provided with a scenario where three employee relations situations that all occurred at the same time. I was asked how I would handle each of them in what order, then asked why I chose to tackle them in the manner I described.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry (Raleigh, NC) in May 2011.

Interview

They went straight to an onsite interview. We went through my resume and they asked some behavioral questions. Not much technical other than what I knew about the programming languages on my resume. Very friendly people!

Embedded Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry (Irving, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

I applied online, and received a mail telling to schedule a date for interview. After that, there were 2 rounds on interview. First on Networking and C. Then they mailed me to choose another date for 2nd round. It was on C and OS.

Interview Questions

• Interview 1:
      Difference between TCP and UDP.
      What is volatile keyword? What does it do? How does a compiler handle a volatile keyword? What problems would happen if we don't use volatile keyword?

• Interview 2:
      static keyword? How does an OS handle it?
      What's a module in C? How to write a module?
      What is inline function? Advantages? How does an OS/memory handle inline functions?
      How does a register work? why is it fast? How many variables can u declare in register?

1 Answer
    • what's the advantage of using pointers? why?
      What is an alias pointer? Advantage? disadvantage? How to prevent pointer aliasing?
      What is virtual memory? How does memory mapping occur? advantages of virtual memory?
      What are semaphores? Why do we use them?
      What is page fault? How does it happen? prevention?

1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. The give a pretty decent salary!!

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in April 2011.

Interview

Very straightforward and technical questions were mostly from what I claimed to know in my resume.

Interview Questions

• Where title would you like to pursue in the next five years.   Answer Question