BlackBerry Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.9

Customer Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Irving, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

Phone Interview: Internal recruiter phone interview was very thorough and professional. Group / Panel Interview: The questions asked were hypothetical without a right or wrong answer with little feedback as to whether or not the answer given was correct. Panel did not appear to have adequate knowledge of the area of expertise they were interviewing for. Interview was not very professional and the panel wasn't friendly or organized. Didn't ask questions pertinent to the position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer called in demanding a solution that was against policy and threatening to call CEO if you didn't do what they demanded.   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Cary, NC) in November 2010.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by interview. The interview was an hour or hour and a half long, with multiple interviewers and included general questions, questions about previous jobs, and the "tell me about a time when ...." questions. I've had tougher interviews, but I've also had lighter ones.

Negotiation

Negotiated salary and got a bump from the initial offer

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Irving, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

I received an interview requesting a date, and time that I can speak to a recruiter in regards to the Partners Blackberry tech support position. I responded with 3 dates and 3 time slots that I would be available. I received a reply saying he did not have any available time slots available. I email him again with another time slot and it was confirmed. I began to have mixed thoughts about the way the online communications had gone so I missed his call on purpose! He emailed me again with wanting to reconfirm for another time. I confirmed. He called 15 mins past the normal open window but still took the call. Was a great connection with the recruiter and me with general questions and answers given and about the position and what it details. The phone screen ended positive with I will be getting an email from scheduling about confirming a group/panel face to face no later then Monday as my phone screen was on a Friday afternoon. Monday rolls, Tuesday rolls, and Wednesday rolls, and I finally emailed the recruiter and some how an email confirming a time was sent like after I sent a follow-up email. The face to face was the following Tuesday. with four other individuals. The main manager asked a series of questions then turned the floor over to a non-manager employee (regular support agent) the others sat, listen, and did some writing. Was so over this whole process. Did not feel any connection with any of the panel members. With only a few questions in, I began to drift from what was asked of me, and began to find a way of ending the interview as I just lost complete interest as there was no connection (in my eyes).I believe the feeling was mutual as no response from them but that's expected as it took someone I know that works there 3 months for a offer. I wasn't that needy. I just began to realize blackberry is on there way out as window's and Apple are way too advance/ahead of them.

Interview Questions

• What are the steps on logging into Windows Exchange Server ad system Admin.   1 Answer
    • What is Active Directory   1 Answer

Talent Management Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Dallas, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

Submitted my application online. Then found the hiring manager through LinkedIn and contacted her directly. She then forwarded me to the lead recruiter who I contacted. She set me up for a phone screening interview, which went well. She was very nice, responsive and made the call very easy. Asked for my salary expectations, some typical questions, review of resume history, clarification on past roles, etc. Got a personal email from recruiter about a week later in which I was declined due to level of experience didn't quite line up. Would have liked to have gotten the job. Overall, a very good experience and no red flags.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time that you didn't get the results you worked for in a previous role, and how did you respond.   Answer Question

Software Engineer - Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Seattle, WA) in October 2010.

Interview

Interview consisted of questions on all the topics including OS, algorithms, Networks etc. Some of the questions: 1. Define deadlock 2. What are sockets 3. Find intersection of two sets 4. Design HashMap

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate

Baseband Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Rolling Meadows, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

I talked 1:1 interview in conference room for 5 hours. It was very practical questions relating baseband and smartphones and many questions came from my resume.

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Raleigh, NC) in October 2010.

Interview

Hiring went well -

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate salary

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Raleigh, NC) in October 2010.

Interview

Mostly technical questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate much

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Seattle, WA) in September 2010.

Interview

After an initial phone screen, walked into a recruiting event and went thru 3 rounds of interview- one technical, one behavioral and one HR.

Interview Questions

• None too difficult. Discussion on quick sort, its run time complexity, basic OOP concepts. Few questions related to Polymorphism and Java specific class definitions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The HR came back with an offer and we went back and forth a couple of times before I accepted the offer.

Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Rolling Meadows, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone interview invitation. The interview was a basic review of my background and qualifications. The recruiter was exceptionally professional and communicative.Was told by the end of the call that an in-person interview would be scheduled. Coordination was difficult and the first interview was rescheduled. I Interviewed with a manager 1:1 and also a panel interview with two peers at other locations. Questions were skill based and straight-forward. Time was an issue and the interview felt rushed. 90 minutes was insufficient to cover all aspects of the job. I did not receive an offer but strongly feel that the recruiter was the best I have dealt with in my search. The company has alot going on with rapid growth but they seem to maintain a small company feel. Overall, a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you did not do a good job with a customer/client.   Answer Question