BlackBerry Interview Questions in Irving, TX

2.9

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Applied via Indeed.com for the Product Delivery Team . Got a call to schedule first round phone interview. The first round interview was taken by one of the team members and was technical but nothing too difficult. Like basic questions on OOPS and other test cases such as functionality of a calculator. Then a second round phone interview was scheduled which I expected to be more technical but that was actually by the team lead and she only asked HR type questions.

Embedded Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2013.

Got a phone call from the HR manager & he asked about few stuffs in the resume. He scheduled a technical round on the immediate next day. A senior level engineer called me & asked questions regarding auto-interrupts, external interrupts, SPI, UART & DAC. He also asked some questions in C about linked list & structures. Asked few questions from RTOS, difference between semaphore & mutex, scheduler & stack, frame pointers.

Interview Questions
    • Design a function that takes a structure and inserts it into a sorted linked list of structures   Answer Question

Enterprise Support Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

The initial contact was a prescreen interview. The second interview was a face-to-face with the Account Management Supervisor and Director. Their attitudes were very condescending and rather dry. The 3rd interview was a panel interview with management and other Account Management.

Interview Questions
    • What are the most important characteristics that an Account Manager should possess?
      How would handle someone who was not doing their job.
    I requested a salary range of $55-60 and they gave me $60k

IOT Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in November 2012.

RIM job fair. only 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • explain an EV-DO call flow. Have you worked with wireshark with QXDM?   Answer Question

Software Validation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at BlackBerry in September 2012.

Very logical and reasoned process. After phone screen by hiring manager, I was called in for a formal interview by the Development team lead. When I arrived, I found 3 separate team leads and a senior manager. Each had excellent interviewing skills, asking difficult questions pertaining to the position. The questions became more detailed as they attempted to find my technical limits. However, the interview was still concluded within one hour.

Interview Questions
    • A question regarding my stance of the balance of product deadlines vs product quality.   View Answer
    Negotiation was simple, I accepted the first offer as it was handsome and slightly higher than expected.

BlackBerry Customer Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2012.

After two applications, I was call for a telephone interview. This was comprised of resume review and technical questions by the in-house recruiter. Next was an in-person interview with two team leads. Both were very friendly and the RIM complex very nice looking. The interview lasted about an hour and was mostly technical in nature but also had some of the silly hypothetical questions like "describe how you overcame a obstacle". (This is part of the discredited SARS test that all large organizations still use).

All in all, an ordinary interview process.

Interview Questions
    • For me, the most difficult questions are the SARS questions.   Answer Question
    I wanted to leave my current company and wanted to work for RIM so bad that I did not negotiate. They met my minimum salary expectation so I accepted.

Baseband Interface Validation Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in August 2011.

This was a co-op position. There was only a telephonic interview. The team lead conducted the interview. Was very friendly and helpful. Asked questions about basic circuits and a few behavioral questions. The offer was made 2 days later by the HR.

Interview Questions
    • If you find out that there is something wrong with the circuit, wht would you do to find the error?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in May 2011.

Received a call from an internal recruiter who offices in a different city and she phone screened me. I was then asked to go in for an onsite interview. The hiring manager and her direct report (the team) both met with me, and spent a long time to go over behavioral interview questions. Organized but relaxed atmosphere and the team meeting was nice. The next step was to meet with the director - but was informed that the position was frozen.

Interview Questions
    • I was provided with a scenario where three employee relations situations that all occurred at the same time. I was asked how I would handle each of them in what order, then asked why I chose to tackle them in the manner I described.   Answer Question

Embedded Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2011.

I applied online, and received a mail telling to schedule a date for interview. After that, there were 2 rounds on interview. First on Networking and C. Then they mailed me to choose another date for 2nd round. It was on C and OS.

Interview Questions
    • Interview 1:
      Difference between TCP and UDP.
      What is volatile keyword? What does it do? How does a compiler handle a volatile keyword? What problems would happen if we don't use volatile keyword?
    • Interview 2:
      static keyword? How does an OS handle it?
      What's a module in C? How to write a module?
      What is inline function? Advantages? How does an OS/memory handle inline functions?
      How does a register work? why is it fast? How many variables can u declare in register?
        View Answer
    • what's the advantage of using pointers? why?
      What is an alias pointer? Advantage? disadvantage? How to prevent pointer aliasing?
      What is virtual memory? How does memory mapping occur? advantages of virtual memory?
      What are semaphores? Why do we use them?
      What is page fault? How does it happen? prevention?
        View Answer
    No negotiation. The give a pretty decent salary!!

Service Engineer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2011.

I have an interview for RIM in Irving,tx for the position of ervice Engineer Specialist. I had aphone interview with a recruiter which waspretty standard and easy just asking about my salary requirements, reviewed my resume, and asked what my tech skills were. He also asked about 2 or 3 behavioral question pertaining to handling difficult situations, and he asked of my goals. I received an offer for an in person interview the next day. Does anyone know what I should expect in the face to face interview. The interview will be with a team member? Thanks for any knowledge

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you were faced with a difficult situation where you had to meet deadlines, How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Worked for BlackBerry? Contribute to the Community!