BlackBerry

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BlackBerry in August 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process is relatively easy compared to the competitors, just couple of rounds of interviews and thats it. Hiring process is easy, but slow

Interview Question – Questions about the domain   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation phase for fast and quick because of me.

Software Developer Intern Interview

Software Developer Intern
Irving, TX

I applied online and interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – Applied via Indeed.com for the Product Delivery Team . Got a call to schedule first round phone interview. The first round interview was taken by one of the team members and was technical but nothing too difficult. Like basic questions on OOPS and other test cases such as functionality of a calculator. Then a second round phone interview was scheduled which I expected to be more technical but that was actually by the team lead and she only asked HR type questions.

Interview Question – what have you worked in mobile development ?   Answer Question

Software Release Manager Interview

Software Release Manager
Irving, TX

I applied online - interviewed at BlackBerry in March 2011.

Interview Details – HR interview, general questions about current position, salary, willing to be relocated
Technical interview including verbally IQ tests, QA in detail, cell phone's behavior (data), IOT

Interview Question – There was not any unexpected question. Each question was in reference to job description   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Embedded Software Engineering Intern Interview

Embedded Software Engineering Intern
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2013.

Interview Details – Got a phone call from the HR manager & he asked about few stuffs in the resume. He scheduled a technical round on the immediate next day. A senior level engineer called me & asked questions regarding auto-interrupts, external interrupts, SPI, UART & DAC. He also asked some questions in C about linked list & structures. Asked few questions from RTOS, difference between semaphore & mutex, scheduler & stack, frame pointers.

Interview Question – Design a function that takes a structure and inserts it into a sorted linked list of structures   Answer Question

IOT Test Engineer Interview

IOT Test Engineer
Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in November 2012.

Interview Details – RIM job fair. only 30 minutes.

Interview Question – explain an EV-DO call flow. Have you worked with wireshark with QXDM?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Enterprise Support Account Manager Interview

Enterprise Support Account Manager
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – The initial contact was a prescreen interview. The second interview was a face-to-face with the Account Management Supervisor and Director. Their attitudes were very condescending and rather dry. The 3rd interview was a panel interview with management and other Account Management.

Interview Question – What are the most important characteristics that an Account Manager should possess?
How would handle someone who was not doing their job.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – I requested a salary range of $55-60 and they gave me $60k

BlackBerry Customer Technical Support Specialist Interview

BlackBerry Customer Technical Support Specialist
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2012.

Interview Details – After two applications, I was call for a telephone interview. This was comprised of resume review and technical questions by the in-house recruiter. Next was an in-person interview with two team leads. Both were very friendly and the RIM complex very nice looking. The interview lasted about an hour and was mostly technical in nature but also had some of the silly hypothetical questions like "describe how you overcame a obstacle". (This is part of the discredited SARS test that all large organizations still use).

All in all, an ordinary interview process.

Interview Question – For me, the most difficult questions are the SARS questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wanted to leave my current company and wanted to work for RIM so bad that I did not negotiate. They met my minimum salary expectation so I accepted.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in June 2010.

Interview Details – i had a telephonic interview then 1:1 interview and since i was already an intern it was mostly related to my work experience and the projects i did during my masters.

Interview Question – mostly on C and memory organization   Answer Question

Embedded Software Developer Interview

Embedded Software Developer
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online, and received a mail telling to schedule a date for interview. After that, there were 2 rounds on interview. First on Networking and C. Then they mailed me to choose another date for 2nd round. It was on C and OS.

Interview Questions

• Interview 1:
    Difference between TCP and UDP.
    What is volatile keyword? What does it do? How does a compiler handle a volatile keyword? What problems would happen if we don't use volatile keyword?
  • Interview 2:
    static keyword? How does an OS handle it?
    What's a module in C? How to write a module?
    What is inline function? Advantages? How does an OS/memory handle inline functions?
    How does a register work? why is it fast? How many variables can u declare in register?
      View Answer
  • what's the advantage of using pointers? why?
    What is an alias pointer? Advantage? disadvantage? How to prevent pointer aliasing?
    What is virtual memory? How does memory mapping occur? advantages of virtual memory?
    What are semaphores? Why do we use them?
    What is page fault? How does it happen? prevention?
      View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The give a pretty decent salary!!

Baseband Interface Validation Associate Interview

Baseband Interface Validation Associate
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in August 2011.

Interview Details – This was a co-op position. There was only a telephonic interview. The team lead conducted the interview. Was very friendly and helpful. Asked questions about basic circuits and a few behavioral questions. The offer was made 2 days later by the HR.

Interview Question – If you find out that there is something wrong with the circuit, wht would you do to find the error?   Answer Question

Worked for BlackBerry? Contribute to the Community!