BlackBerry

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cambridge, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in November 2010.

Interview Details – This was an internal move - initial communication was directly with the hiring manager. I was interviewed by 2 peer managers after an interview with HR and the Hiring manager.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions: generally, I was moving from a non-resource manager role to that of a resource manager. Questions were around my experience with such a job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not have to negotiate much - I was offered a good starting pay.

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackBerry in August 2010.

Interview Details – Screening Interview with internal recruiter - very easy though the recruiter was not very personable, phone Interview with hiring manager - not very difficult as the hiring manager was quite clear about expectations and there were no trick questions. group interview in person with hiring manager and colleagues - not too challenging although the interview process was quite disorganized and not very well facilitated. got the job in the end.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Was able to add 5k to annual salary. Probably should have pushed for another 2-3k.
Never accept first offer, counter with offer + ~10%, be firm but courteous.

Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in October 2010.

Interview Details – Straightforward process with phone interviews followed by visit. Met a panel including several people. Not too friendly or excited about their work or company. Focused only on certain points and questions in robotic fashion instead of going through past experience in a conversational way. Got the feeling that either a decision was already made or they wanted to hear things they had in mind. Not too sure if they were actually tuned into the conversation. Expectations for RIM were a lot higher, perhaps lofty considering the company and products. Workplace seemed very dull and boring.

Interview Question – why rim? why you? dealing with conflict? ...   View Answers (2)

Interviews for Top Jobs at BlackBerry

Worked for BlackBerry? Contribute to the Community!

BlackBerry Videos

BlackBerry – Why Work for Us?

Be Bold. Be Passionate. Be Creative Be Bold is our philosophy. At BlackBerry, you can push the boundaries and you can rewrite the rules. Innovation is rewarded and you’ll know that the people you work with all share… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BlackBerry Manager interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by BlackBerry employees and interview candidates.