BlackBerry

Getting the Interview

10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – Received an initial email that confirmed I was selected for interview by one of the hiring managers, then via email promptly scheduled for an interview over the phone, of which lasted an hour talking mostly precious experiences. One week after the interview I was given an email response congratulating me on landing the position.

Interview Question – What was the hardest problem you had and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in February 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online through their website and received an e-mail from a recruiter a week-ish later with a request for an interview. I live in the Waterloo Region so the interview was held at one of their offices in Waterloo.

Interview ended up being a full-day long, and rotated between the hiring manager and HR rep, hiring manager and one of the project managers I'd support, hiring manager and the director, and hiring manager and a manager from a different department. Asked a series of questions, primarily on past experiences and how I'd react in different situations.

Was thanked for coming in and later received phone call (1-1.5 weeks later) offering me the position.

Interview Question – Some questions relating to PM-BOK lifecycle and process. Nothing too difficult, but a good idea to read through it if you received your designation years ago and forgot some of the fluff parts.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – This was more of a safety position. I had another offer for a position better suited to my skillset at another organization.

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BlackBerry in March 2013.

Interview Details – didn't ask me any technical questions. Even asked me what would I like to do for fun.
but I didn't get the offer.

Interview Question – what do you do for fun   Answer Question

Project Coordinator

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – It was a really easy interview, just give example of PM experiences

Interview Question – Experiences with PM   Answer Question

Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in March 2011.

Interview Details – Step 1: Resume/Cover Letter
Step 2: Email confirming phone interview
Step 3: Phone interview with team lead, and project specialists

Interview Question – Describe a time when you implemented a solution to help your team members.   Answer Question

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in February 2011.

Interview Details – Had the interview within a week of applying for the job online.
I was provided with the job description before the interview was scheduled and I reviewed my resume and matched my previous experience and education to the job description.
The interviewer asked situational and behavioural questions then moved on to the job related questions on technical skills and interpersonal skills.

Interview Question – What does leadership mean to you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Although I was not able to negotiate, I was able to answer questions in a way that would lead into another question that I was prepared to answer.

Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BlackBerry in July 2010.

Interview Details – basic questions were involved like why you applied and what you want to get out of this interview. Not much surprises but went by very quickly. Im not sure how they really evaluate their decision because it wasnt too in depth. I was only applying for a coop 4 month position so maybe thats why. Make sure you have alot of experience to talk about

Interview Question – why did you apply   Answer Question

Mississauga, ON (Canada)

The process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in February 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process started late but it only consisted of 1 phone interview with a member of the team I was applying to. Since the position was for an Intern, the questions were fairly basic...preliminary project management questions and a lot of situational questions like - what would you do if....describe a time when you displayed leadership skills...etc

Interview Questions

• describe the 3 aspects of the project management triangle   View Answers (5)
  • describe a time when you displayed your leadership skills   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was so excited to be accepted for the position that i did not negotiate anything. Later i found out that other interns had negotiated a later start date giving them a bit of a vacation between final exams and their internship

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

The process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in February 2009.

Interview Details – As RIM is in (and has been in for some time) a very extensive recruiting drive it did take a while from the time I submitted my applicatioln for the position and when I actually had my first and second telephone interviews. However it was shorter than the "months" of lead time communicated from a head hunter I had spoken with prior to applying.

Interviews themselves ..... brief and to the point. Not a lot of idle chatter or "getting to know you" that sometimes occurs at the beginning. Was surprised a little when I got into the interview - had been told by the recruiter that I would be speaking with the hiring manager only but as it turned out both the hiring manager and their manager (a Director) were in on the call. This was actually good because I got to ask questions of both. Advice - be prepared for the unexpected and embrace it when it does come. Liked both the hiring manager and the Director from the 30-40 minute conversation we had - both were very knowledgeable and had really spent the time to think about what they wanted in the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you? Why do you feel you are the best candidate for the position?   Answer Question
  • Describe what attributes you would track and monitor to be successful in portfolio mangement?   Answer Question

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in February 2007.

Interview Details – The process was relatively quick. After I applied for the job, I received an interview within 3 weeks. RIM sent me an email with information about the phone interview and names of interviewers. The phone interview was 45 mins long and consisted of general conversation going over my resume and cover letter. I received an offer 2 week after that.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with LAMP environment? How may project did you complete using this technology? What is the size of the projects?   Answer Question
  • How do you manage the confrontation and conflict of interests? What kind of management style do you dislike?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no opportunity for negotiation since I was applying for an internship position.

Interviews for Top Jobs at BlackBerry

Worked for BlackBerry? Contribute to the Community!

BlackBerry Videos

BlackBerry – Why Work for Us?

Be Bold. Be Passionate. Be Creative Be Bold is our philosophy. At BlackBerry, you can push the boundaries and you can rewrite the rules. Innovation is rewarded and you’ll know that the people you work with all share… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BlackBerry Project Coordinator interview questions and advice in Canada. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by BlackBerry employees and interview candidates.