BlackBerry

Getting the Interview

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – Received an initial email that confirmed I was selected for interview by one of the hiring managers, then via email promptly scheduled for an interview over the phone, of which lasted an hour talking mostly precious experiences. One week after the interview I was given an email response congratulating me on landing the position.

Interview Question – What was the hardest problem you had and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in February 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online through their website and received an e-mail from a recruiter a week-ish later with a request for an interview. I live in the Waterloo Region so the interview was held at one of their offices in Waterloo.

Interview ended up being a full-day long, and rotated between the hiring manager and HR rep, hiring manager and one of the project managers I'd support, hiring manager and the director, and hiring manager and a manager from a different department. Asked a series of questions, primarily on past experiences and how I'd react in different situations.

Was thanked for coming in and later received phone call (1-1.5 weeks later) offering me the position.

Interview Question – Some questions relating to PM-BOK lifecycle and process. Nothing too difficult, but a good idea to read through it if you received your designation years ago and forgot some of the fluff parts.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – This was more of a safety position. I had another offer for a position better suited to my skillset at another organization.

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BlackBerry in March 2013.

Interview Details – didn't ask me any technical questions. Even asked me what would I like to do for fun.
but I didn't get the offer.

Interview Question – what do you do for fun   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Project Coordinator

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – It was a really easy interview, just give example of PM experiences

Interview Question – Experiences with PM   Answer Question

Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in March 2011.

Interview Details – Step 1: Resume/Cover Letter
Step 2: Email confirming phone interview
Step 3: Phone interview with team lead, and project specialists

Interview Question – Describe a time when you implemented a solution to help your team members.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in February 2012.

Interview Details – Initially registered with RIM through their website and applied for the position there. Heard back from them after about a week. They gave me a time and asked if it was okay and I replied it was fine. There were 2 interviewers but only 1 person asked the questions. The questions were behavioral since this wasn't a technical job. The questions were standard ones and not tricky at all. The interviewer also rephrased things I had difficulty understanding.

Interview Questions

Project Coordinator

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in February 2010.

Interview Details – Two project mangers that were looking for a motivated student with strong initiative towards process management and project reporting purposes. A 45 min long phone interview focusing on mixture of behavioural and situational questions. The Interviewer also asked few questions on project life cycle. I received an offer within a week.

Interview Question – Describe an experience where you demonstrated your leadership ability?   View Answer

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in February 2011.

Interview Details – Had the interview within a week of applying for the job online.
I was provided with the job description before the interview was scheduled and I reviewed my resume and matched my previous experience and education to the job description.
The interviewer asked situational and behavioural questions then moved on to the job related questions on technical skills and interpersonal skills.

Interview Question – What does leadership mean to you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Although I was not able to negotiate, I was able to answer questions in a way that would lead into another question that I was prepared to answer.

Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BlackBerry in July 2010.

Interview Details – basic questions were involved like why you applied and what you want to get out of this interview. Not much surprises but went by very quickly. Im not sure how they really evaluate their decision because it wasnt too in depth. I was only applying for a coop 4 month position so maybe thats why. Make sure you have alot of experience to talk about

Interview Question – why did you apply   Answer Question

Mississauga, ON (Canada)

The process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in February 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process started late but it only consisted of 1 phone interview with a member of the team I was applying to. Since the position was for an Intern, the questions were fairly basic...preliminary project management questions and a lot of situational questions like - what would you do if....describe a time when you displayed leadership skills...etc

Interview Questions

• describe the 3 aspects of the project management triangle   View Answers (5)
  • describe a time when you displayed your leadership skills   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was so excited to be accepted for the position that i did not negotiate anything. Later i found out that other interns had negotiated a later start date giving them a bit of a vacation between final exams and their internship

Interviews for Top Jobs at BlackBerry

Worked for BlackBerry? Contribute to the Community!

BlackBerry Videos

BlackBerry – Why Work for Us?

Be Bold. Be Passionate. Be Creative Be Bold is our philosophy. At BlackBerry, you can push the boundaries and you can rewrite the rules. Innovation is rewarded and you’ll know that the people you work with all share… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BlackBerry Project Coordinator interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by BlackBerry employees and interview candidates.