BlackBerry Project Coordinator Interview Questions

3.1

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Received an initial email that confirmed I was selected for interview by one of the hiring managers, then via email promptly scheduled for an interview over the phone, of which lasted an hour talking mostly precious experiences. One week after the interview I was given an email response congratulating me on landing the position.

Interview Questions
  • What was the hardest problem you had and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BlackBerry

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at BlackBerry in March 2013.

didn't ask me any technical questions. Even asked me what would I like to do for fun.
    but I didn't get the offer.

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at BlackBerry.

It was a really easy interview, just give example of PM experiences

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in February 2012.

Initially registered with RIM through their website and applied for the position there. Heard back from them after about a week. They gave me a time and asked if it was okay and I replied it was fine. There were 2 interviewers but only 1 person asked the questions. The questions were behavioral since this wasn't a technical job. The questions were standard ones and not tricky at all. The interviewer also rephrased things I had difficulty understanding.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in March 2011.

Step 1: Resume/Cover Letter
    Step 2: Email confirming phone interview
    Step 3: Phone interview with team lead, and project specialists

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you implemented a solution to help your team members.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in February 2011.

Had the interview within a week of applying for the job online.
    I was provided with the job description before the interview was scheduled and I reviewed my resume and matched my previous experience and education to the job description.
    The interviewer asked situational and behavioural questions then moved on to the job related questions on technical skills and interpersonal skills.

Interview Questions
    Although I was not able to negotiate, I was able to answer questions in a way that would lead into another question that I was prepared to answer.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at BlackBerry in July 2010.

basic questions were involved like why you applied and what you want to get out of this interview. Not much surprises but went by very quickly. Im not sure how they really evaluate their decision because it wasnt too in depth. I was only applying for a coop 4 month position so maybe thats why. Make sure you have alot of experience to talk about

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in February 2010.

Two project mangers that were looking for a motivated student with strong initiative towards process management and project reporting purposes. A 45 min long phone interview focusing on mixture of behavioural and situational questions. The Interviewer also asked few questions on project life cycle. I received an offer within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an experience where you demonstrated your leadership ability?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

The process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in February 2009.

As RIM is in (and has been in for some time) a very extensive recruiting drive it did take a while from the time I submitted my applicatioln for the position and when I actually had my first and second telephone interviews. However it was shorter than the "months" of lead time communicated from a head hunter I had spoken with prior to applying.

Interviews themselves ..... brief and to the point. Not a lot of idle chatter or "getting to know you" that sometimes occurs at the beginning. Was surprised a little when I got into the interview - had been told by the recruiter that I would be speaking with the hiring manager only but as it turned out both the hiring manager and their manager (a Director) were in on the call. This was actually good because I got to ask questions of both. Advice - be prepared for the unexpected and embrace it when it does come. Liked both the hiring manager and the Director from the 30-40 minute conversation we had - both were very knowledgeable and had really spent the time to think about what they wanted in the candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you? Why do you feel you are the best candidate for the position?   Answer Question
    • Describe what attributes you would track and monitor to be successful in portfolio mangement?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in February 2009.

Applied online through their website and received an e-mail from a recruiter a week-ish later with a request for an interview. I live in the Waterloo Region so the interview was held at one of their offices in Waterloo.

Interview ended up being a full-day long, and rotated between the hiring manager and HR rep, hiring manager and one of the project managers I'd support, hiring manager and the director, and hiring manager and a manager from a different department. Asked a series of questions, primarily on past experiences and how I'd react in different situations.

Was thanked for coming in and later received phone call (1-1.5 weeks later) offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Some questions relating to PM-BOK lifecycle and process. Nothing too difficult, but a good idea to read through it if you received your designation years ago and forgot some of the fluff parts.   Answer Question

This was more of a safety position. I had another offer for a position better suited to my skillset at another organization.

Worked for BlackBerry? Contribute to the Community!