BlackBerry Project Manager Interview Questions in Toronto, ON

Updated Apr 24, 2014

3.3

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2010.

Phone screen followed by 2 separate in person interviews with senior team members and team members. Final interview with director with two more senior members of the team.

Interview Questions
  • Standard questions about customer relationships, conflict, time management.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BlackBerry

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at BlackBerry in July 2009.

The interview process was clear and all expectations were laid out. Typical interview questions, nothing too complicated for a technical project management role. There were a few coding problems to test whether I knew what I was talking about but that was easy.

The feedback from the recruiters was very slow vs. industry standards and they were not helpful at all. Room for improvement here is obvious.

Interview Questions
    • Was given a "COLA" type question where for a set of numbers, had to output a unique letter where for every even number you had to output a "C", for odd "O", numbers divisble by 5 "L" and numbers divisible by 7 "A"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in May 2011.

RIM has a well organized recruiting fair that it uses to sift through all applicants to find it's key prospects and candidates. I was surprised at the average age of the employees and staff involved. RIM seems to have a very young workforce. The interview process and people were very professional and positive. Upon talking closely with the various staff, I was also surprised at the level of work experience, both in total and with RIM itself. It was common that the current employees had only been in their positions for several months to 1 or 2 years. People with 5+ years in RIM were extremely rare. As mentioned before, most employees seem to be fresh graduates or with a couple to few years experience. The company campus was extensive and impressive. The company is well organized and has a small business environment with a large, youthful staff, which is why I suspect turnover is high and also due to high degree of university hiring.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would interface technically with a potential shut down of your project and how would you turn this situation around.   Answer Question

Due to the highly unstable future of RIM and the numerous negative business and financial outlooks it seems to be plagued with, further pursuit was postponed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2009.

First I got a phone call, made a phone interview appointment. Then several days later, I got the phone interview, it lasted about 30 minutes and just some basic questions, like background review. After about 1 or 2 weeks, I got an email and informed me to take an on site interview. It was a group interview, 4 people attended, one of them is the director of the branch. This interview took about 2 hours. After that, they asked me to take another on site interview, it was a 1:1 interview. The group leader interviewed me. It took about 1 and a half hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in May 2010.

Nice, welcoming interviewers. Missed the opportunity to work with them. The first round was on phone with direct report and his manager. Manager okayed for the 2nd round and the direct report (1:1) along with another team member(on phone) GRILLED me with plethora of questions. The exhaustive list of questions is here for anyone interested in tyical Project Management role:

I would prefer final round of interview to be 100% face to face. It becomes difficult to make an impression on the phone:(.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in February 2009.

The interview process was rather straight forward. There was an initial screening and a 90 minute phone interview. The interview itself consisted of describing my past experiences and accomplishments. In addition, I had to elaborate in detail how my past experiences relate to the position I'm applying for. I also had to make mock design/management decisions using fictional metrics. In addition, we discussed project management strategies and their effectiveness in various product development scenarios.

The last 30 minutes of the interview was the standard behavioral questions and an assessment of fit within the team. In all it was a pleasant and stress free process. If you are genuinely interested in project management your enthusiasm will aid you tremendously in obtaining a position at RIM.

Interview Questions
    • Describe to me how and why you implemented "blank" and how did you come to that decision?   Answer Question
    The salary is determined based on your work/academic background. I was more than pleased with the compensation I received so I did not negotiate.

Worked for BlackBerry? Contribute to the Community!