BlackBerry

Average Difficulty
57 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BlackBerry in August 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process is relatively easy compared to the competitors, just couple of rounds of interviews and thats it. Hiring process is easy, but slow

Interview Question – Questions about the domain   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation phase for fast and quick because of me.

Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at BlackBerry in October 2010.

Interview Details – Mostly technical questions

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate much

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in August 2012.

Interview Details – There were 2 rounds. 1st was HR round and the questions were directly from resume. 2nd Round was Technical, I was asked questions from my academic projects and basic questions from C++.

Interview Question – Difference between Java and C++? Which is faster?   Answer Question

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – get a phone interview first, then just discuss about your background, some stuffs in your resume, then schedule a technical interview one week later.

Interview Question – Are you farmiliar with the IOS, Blackberry OS, or Window OS?   Answer Question

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – Job fair interview.
Basic questions on C, C++ and JAVA like size of integer, sizeof() related questions.

Interview Question – Main question was how to reverse the words in a sentence
eg: "This is a test sentence." output should be "sentence test a is This."
  View Answer

Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in May 2011.

Interview Details – They went straight to an onsite interview. We went through my resume and they asked some behavioral questions. Not much technical other than what I knew about the programming languages on my resume. Very friendly people!

Interview Question – Name a few weaknesses   View Answer

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – Sent resume on campus job fair. Got a email notification for a 30-minutes phone interview 3 weeks after that job fair. The phone interview has nothing to do with technical problems. The interviewer first introduce the basic information of their company and their development teams. Then he just asked several questions about the resume. Then, he asked about the biggest coding project you did before.

Interview Question – How many classes have you did in your previous project?   Answer Question

Software Developer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – First did a phone interview, which was half technical half behavioral. Was called back to do an inperson interview which lasted most of the day. I was interviewed by different people, in different areas of the company. The first interview was technical while the others were more behavioral, to see if I would fit the office's environment.

Interview Question – Coding question was to make a spell checker, which was not too bad.   Answer Question

Milford, CT

Interview Details – I met them at my college career fair. They were recruiting people for their Milford, Connecticut branch. They had a 45 min phone interview where they asked me to type a program in google documents, a basic number to string conversion for the headers in column for microsoft excel, eg A - 1 .. Z - 26, AA - 27 etc.. I did that and they called for an onsite interview. I surprisingly had 3 one to one HR rounds and only 1 technical round (2 interviewers). In the technical round they asked me to code, if given a dictionary as a huge stream (words separated with commas) and a word to search, how would I find it in the stream. According to me all the rounds went fine, so I am guessing my rejection was only based on the fact that I didnt have much mobile programming experience.

Interview Question – One question in the phone interview and one in the onsite technical round, but both were easy...   Answer Question

Sunrise, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in June 2011.

Interview Details – Was a piece of cake. Java Fundamentals, Concurrency Paradigms, Design and Concurrency Patterns, Memory Models

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – did not negotiate

Worked for BlackBerry? Contribute to the Community!