BlackBerry Software Developer Interview Questions in Toronto, ON

2.8

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry in March 2013.

I had a phone interview. Most questions are technical but basic. They are all about C++. For example, the difference between stack and heap, process and thread, etc.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing too difficult. Just need to review basic knowledge of C++.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BlackBerry

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackBerry in March 2013.

Applied through my university. Received an email from the BlackBerry Campus Recruiter saying they would like to schedule a phone interview with me. Received the call on the scheduled date. They asked me general questions about my schooling, basic questions about programming in C++, mobile development, and multi-threaded programming. It was all very general and nothing too difficult. Very relaxed and the guys were very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Compare and contrast the differences between developing a desktop application vs developing a mobile application.   Answer Question
    I was pleased with their offer and didn't feel the need to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Too many gotcha questions.
    Asking people to solve detailed work related problems that they are not familiar with.
    Asks questions along the lines of Microsoft and Google.
    Many detailed questions on programming languages - if it is not in your active repertoire - god help you.

Interview Questions
    • Write code to simulate recursion with iteration.
      Undergraduate numerical analysis problems that I did 25 years ago.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in November 2012.

3 steps process. 1) email then Phone Interview with HR, review resume, your expected salary range 2) email then Phone interview. In this case with a manager of three groups. Technical questions, describe best achievement, what are your weakness. In the end the interview was for 3 different jobs. After a long time got email I was not considered for step 3.

Interview Questions
    • Describe what design patterns you have used in solving a tough problem.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in November 2012.

Before my previous contract ends, I started looking for another contract, I published my resume to the job agent, one week later I got the on-site interview at waterloo, first technical interview with software development lead and one senior software developer, the interview is more difficult than at Banks, some code optimization questions, after that I had been interviewed by the hiring manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackBerry in October 2012.

Applied through school's co-op system and received acknowledgement within two weeks. The interview consisted of the manager and a fellow software developer. The software developer is there mostly to observe your behaviors, occasionally asking you some questions about your resume. Some basic technical questions were asked, but it was mostly behavioral questions such as "what is a good manager to you?"

Interview Questions
    • "What defines a good manager to you?" "What is the biggest flop you made?" "If you and I were to get into a conflict, what would you do?" "Tell me about something you do outside of school and work, that you think would differentiate yourself from others."   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Did 2 Interviews First was over the phone, normal questions about my experience, second interview was Face-to-Face in Mississauga, alot of OOP questions and finally a paper with OOP Questions.. Didnt get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Normal Questions: How to detect Memory Leak... What is Volatile key word .. etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in April 2012.

Interview process consisted of a technical phone interview and an on-site interview in front of a pannel. Most questions were one Java core and enterprise freatures and simple algorithmic problems.

Interview Questions
    • I can't reveal the questions becasue of the non-disclosure agreement I signed. But the topics covered was: multi-threading, recustion, http requests, java generics, spring IoC, XML parsing, software lifecycle, unit testing etc.   Answer Question

Their offer was very completitive with respect to Canadian job market. But I had a better offer from one of the global software giants.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackBerry in January 2012.

The employer gave me a call and invited me for an interview. During the interview process the employer asked me about several skills test questions. Most of them were general and didn't involve solving anything on paper.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackBerry in January 2012.

Simply questions like "what different between overload and override?"

Interview Questions
    Maybe you can negotiate vacation days