BlackBerry

Updated Feb 19, 2015
Updated Feb 19, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BlackBerry in October 2010.

Mostly technical questions

I did not negotiate much

Other Interview Reviews for BlackBerry

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BlackBerry in August 2009.

Interview process is relatively easy compared to the competitors, just couple of rounds of interviews and thats it. Hiring process is easy, but slow

Interview Questions
    Negotiation phase for fast and quick because of me.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackBerry in July 2010.

There was a panel of 3 interviewers. They asked about my projects related to operating system, kernel development. They wanted to know details of the projects. So anyone interviewing must go through all the projects on their resume. They just ask all details about them, how, why, any way you could have made it better.

Interview Questions
    • Details of the projects, whether done in c, c++ or any other language.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackBerry in June 2011.

Was a piece of cake. Java Fundamentals, Concurrency Paradigms, Design and Concurrency Patterns, Memory Models

did not negotiate

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BlackBerry.

First did a phone interview, which was half technical half behavioral. Was called back to do an inperson interview which lasted most of the day. I was interviewed by different people, in different areas of the company. The first interview was technical while the others were more behavioral, to see if I would fit the office's environment.

Interview Questions
    • Coding question was to make a spell checker, which was not too bad.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in August 2012.

There were 2 rounds. 1st was HR round and the questions were directly from resume. 2nd Round was Technical, I was asked questions from my academic projects and basic questions from C++.

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BlackBerry in April 2009.

I was contacted by the HR rep for this position on 2nd week of Apr. Scheduled an on-site interview on 21st Apr. Interview was good, simple questions asked on Operating systems concepts. Interviewer was also very cool and kept me cool as well. Interview was for 30 min after which the interviewer offered me a chance to ask questions. After about 10 more mins, the interview was over and was also upto my satisfaction. May be i'll hear from them this week. Cant wait to join the team at RIM.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry in May 2011.

They went straight to an onsite interview. We went through my resume and they asked some behavioral questions. Not much technical other than what I knew about the programming languages on my resume. Very friendly people!

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Job fair interview.
    Basic questions on C, C++ and JAVA like size of integer, sizeof() related questions.

Interview Questions
    • Main question was how to reverse the words in a sentence
      eg: "This is a test sentence." output should be "sentence test a is This."

View Answer

Software Development Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2015.

Briefly spoke about some personal questions and they asked me some legalese type things about my employment eligibility. No coding interviews on this one as it seemed to be more of a first screen, however I have been contacted again for a phone interview. No coding questions got asked but I imagine that will come later.