BlackBerry

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – Sent resume on campus job fair. Got a email notification for a 30-minutes phone interview 3 weeks after that job fair. The phone interview has nothing to do with technical problems. The interviewer first introduce the basic information of their company and their development teams. Then he just asked several questions about the resume. Then, he asked about the biggest coding project you did before.

Interview Question – How many classes have you did in your previous project?   Answer Question

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – get a phone interview first, then just discuss about your background, some stuffs in your resume, then schedule a technical interview one week later.

Interview Question – Are you farmiliar with the IOS, Blackberry OS, or Window OS?   Answer Question

Milford, CT

Interview Details – I met them at my college career fair. They were recruiting people for their Milford, Connecticut branch. They had a 45 min phone interview where they asked me to type a program in google documents, a basic number to string conversion for the headers in column for microsoft excel, eg A - 1 .. Z - 26, AA - 27 etc.. I did that and they called for an onsite interview. I surprisingly had 3 one to one HR rounds and only 1 technical round (2 interviewers). In the technical round they asked me to code, if given a dictionary as a huge stream (words separated with commas) and a word to search, how would I find it in the stream. According to me all the rounds went fine, so I am guessing my rejection was only based on the fact that I didnt have much mobile programming experience.

Interview Question – One question in the phone interview and one in the onsite technical round, but both were easy...   Answer Question

Irving, TX

The process took 2+ months - interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2009.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the HR rep for this position on 2nd week of Apr. Scheduled an on-site interview on 21st Apr. Interview was good, simple questions asked on Operating systems concepts. Interviewer was also very cool and kept me cool as well. Interview was for 30 min after which the interviewer offered me a chance to ask questions. After about 10 more mins, the interview was over and was also upto my satisfaction. May be i'll hear from them this week. Cant wait to join the team at RIM.

Interview Question – About the interrupt signals of ARM processors.   Answer Question

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – Job fair interview.
Basic questions on C, C++ and JAVA like size of integer, sizeof() related questions.

Interview Question – Main question was how to reverse the words in a sentence
eg: "This is a test sentence." output should be "sentence test a is This."
  View Answer

Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in May 2011.

Interview Details – They went straight to an onsite interview. We went through my resume and they asked some behavioral questions. Not much technical other than what I knew about the programming languages on my resume. Very friendly people!

Interview Question – Name a few weaknesses   View Answer

Software Developer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – First did a phone interview, which was half technical half behavioral. Was called back to do an inperson interview which lasted most of the day. I was interviewed by different people, in different areas of the company. The first interview was technical while the others were more behavioral, to see if I would fit the office's environment.

Interview Question – Coding question was to make a spell checker, which was not too bad.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in July 2010.

Interview Details – There was a panel of 3 interviewers. They asked about my projects related to operating system, kernel development. They wanted to know details of the projects. So anyone interviewing must go through all the projects on their resume. They just ask all details about them, how, why, any way you could have made it better.

Interview Question – Details of the projects, whether done in c, c++ or any other language.   Answer Question

Sunrise, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in June 2011.

Interview Details – Was a piece of cake. Java Fundamentals, Concurrency Paradigms, Design and Concurrency Patterns, Memory Models

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – did not negotiate

Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BlackBerry in August 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process is relatively easy compared to the competitors, just couple of rounds of interviews and thats it. Hiring process is easy, but slow

Interview Question – Questions about the domain   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation phase for fast and quick because of me.

Worked for BlackBerry? Contribute to the Community!