BlackBerry Software Engineer Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

Basic questions, introduce yourself, what programming languages are you proficient with, favourite courses, what are your hobbies, what extra curricular things do you do other than school and exams, etc.

Interview Questions

• What is my Last name? (interviewer's last name)   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for BlackBerry

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

They called me for an interview on location. It was a one hour interview with half hour about my previous work experience. Then they asked me technical questions about C++. I am still waiting to hear from them after 3 weeks!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry in October 2012.

Interview

I got one round phone interview with team leader.

Interview Questions

• why if(null == c) is better than if(c ==null)   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in June 2012.

Interview

- Applied through Jobmine - On campus interview at University of Waterloo - Fairly easy interview: knowledge based questions, zero lines of actual code written, behavioral questions. - Offer extended through Jobmine.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2011.

Interview

Traveled to Ottawan, ON for the interview. Conducted a 1:1 interview with a senior developer that lasted for approximately 30 minutes. The interviewer wasn't friendly at all, so it made the interview experience a sour one. He led me into the room and started by asking my previous work experience and then follow up with an algorithm problem, and was then followed by straight forward general questions regarding JAVA.

Interview Questions

• How would you draw an "X" on a screen made from smaller "x"s?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in September 2008.

Interview

There were three people interviewing separately, 2 technical interviews and one with department Director. The technical interviews were around problem solving skills, algorithms, and one creative problem to solve. I made my homework by going through the interview sites before this interview to see the brain teasers and polish the problem solving skills. The creative problem I was solving was described in details with a C code sketch.