BlackBerry

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackBerry in October 2012.

Interview Details – I got one round phone interview with team leader.

Interview Question – why if(null == c) is better than if(c ==null)   View Answer

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in June 2012.

Interview Details – - Applied through Jobmine
- On campus interview at University of Waterloo
- Fairly easy interview: knowledge based questions, zero lines of actual code written, behavioral questions.
- Offer extended through Jobmine.

Interview Question – Explain how the JVM works in detail.   Answer Question

Halifax, NS (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at BlackBerry in November 2012.

Interview Details – They called me for an interview on location. It was a one hour interview with half hour about my previous work experience. Then they asked me technical questions about C++.

I am still waiting to hear from them after 3 weeks!

Interview Question – Threading in C++   Answer Question

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at BlackBerry in September 2008.

Interview Details – There were three people interviewing separately, 2 technical interviews and one with department Director. The technical interviews were around problem solving skills, algorithms, and one creative problem to solve. I made my homework by going through the interview sites before this interview to see the brain teasers and polish the problem solving skills. The creative problem I was solving was described in details with a C code sketch.

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

The process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2011.

Interview Details – Traveled to Ottawan, ON for the interview. Conducted a 1:1 interview with a senior developer that lasted for approximately 30 minutes. The interviewer wasn't friendly at all, so it made the interview experience a sour one. He led me into the room and started by asking my previous work experience and then follow up with an algorithm problem, and was then followed by straight forward general questions regarding JAVA.

Interview Question – How would you draw an "X" on a screen made from smaller "x"s?   View Answer

Worked for BlackBerry? Contribute to the Community!