BlackBerry

Updated Jun 9, 2014

2.8

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackBerry in October 2012.

I got one round phone interview with team leader.

Interview Questions
  • why if(null == c) is better than if(c ==null)   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for BlackBerry

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in June 2012.

- Applied through Jobmine
    - On campus interview at University of Waterloo
    - Fairly easy interview: knowledge based questions, zero lines of actual code written, behavioral questions.
    - Offer extended through Jobmine.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BlackBerry in March 2012.

I applied for the job position on RIM career website. Usually the positions posted in the past 1 week will get response. My position was posted one day before I applied for it. Then I got an phone call for phone interview schedule. I scheduled a few days later. The phone interview last about 30min. One week after the phone interview, I got anther phone call to schedule onsite interview. They booked the flight to Dallas (TX) and hotel for me. The Dallas office is very nice.

Interview Questions
    • 1. How does RAKE receiver work?   Answer Question
    • 2. OFDM (high PAPR)   Answer Question
    • 3. What access type is used in LTE UL? Why? How does it work?   Answer Question
    • 4. HARQ: can we have parallel HARQ, i.e., can we send new packets when the HARQ process for an earlier packet has not finished?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackBerry in January 2011.

Traveled to Ottawan, ON for the interview. Conducted a 1:1 interview with a senior developer that lasted for approximately 30 minutes. The interviewer wasn't friendly at all, so it made the interview experience a sour one. He led me into the room and started by asking my previous work experience and then follow up with an algorithm problem, and was then followed by straight forward general questions regarding JAVA.

Interview Questions
    • How would you draw an "X" on a screen made from smaller "x"s?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in November 2010.

Both interviews were very technical. Lots of questions about architecture, networking, virtualization and various aspects of hardware planning/management. Had some behavioral questions as well.
    Easy questions included port numbers for different services, osi model and such.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in April 2010.

applied online, phone interview after 2 weeks, then 1 to 1 interview. overall the interview was positive. no offer tho.

Software Engineer Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackBerry in February 2010.

The interview was not very hard. It was mostly about your previous experience and some simple questions like the difference between abstract class and interface in Java.

Interview Questions
    • When would you use interface over abstract class in Java?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BlackBerry in September 2008.

There were three people interviewing separately, 2 technical interviews and one with department Director. The technical interviews were around problem solving skills, algorithms, and one creative problem to solve. I made my homework by going through the interview sites before this interview to see the brain teasers and polish the problem solving skills. The creative problem I was solving was described in details with a C code sketch.