BlackBerry

BlackBerry Software Engineer Interview Questions in United States

2.8

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in April 2012.

Phone screening followed by on site interview

Can negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for BlackBerry

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackBerry in June 2010.

i had a telephonic interview then 1:1 interview and since i was already an intern it was mostly related to my work experience and the projects i did during my masters.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

I gave them my resume at a college career fair. They contacted me a few weeks later and set up a phone interview.

The phone interview consisted of a coding problem, which you had to solve using Google docs while the interviewer watches you. The interviewer was very nice and we fixed a couple bugs in my code together.

Next I had an on-site interview which lasted all day. I met with 8 different people from the company for 6 interviews and a lunch period. Almost all of the interviews were technical in nature. This includes coding, drawing software diagrams on a whiteboard, and verbally answering some questions. Once again everyone was very nice and they make it very easy for you to succeed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in October 2012.

I have applied for the software engineer internship position on the website of RIM, after about 3 weeks, the recruiter contacted me and said that one group wants to interview with me. The phone interview is scheduled about 1 week later.

Interview Questions:
    First part: network related
    What will happen after I open a browser and type www.google.com?
    When I log into gmail or hotmail, how will the server identify you so next time you don’t need to login again?
    What’s the difference between sockets and ports?
    How to check how many sockets are opened in the computer?

Second part: Java related.
    What’s static field?
    What’s static method?
    What’s the difference between overloading and overwriting?
    What’s polymorphism?
    What’s the difference between abstract class and interface?
    Can we instantiate abstract class? Can we instantiate interface?
    What’s the access level in java?
    What’s the finally block?
    Can you give me an example of finally block?

Third part: programming problems
    1. give list1 and list2, suppose they are sorted in ascending order, how to check whether each element in list 2 presents in list 1. What’s the time complexity?

2. Suppose there’s no hashmap class in Java, design your own hashmap class.

3. Give an example where dead lock can happen.

4. calculate the factorial of n.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at BlackBerry.

You ll have 1 Hr round and a onsite interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry in July 2010.

Interview was pretty quick. They needed people ASAP at the time I started there. Regular intervirew questions, not that much technical.

Interview Questions
    I told them I got another offer higher from another company, they raised their offer by 10K.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry in September 2010.

After an initial phone screen, walked into a recruiting event and went thru 3 rounds of interview- one technical, one behavioral and one HR.

Interview Questions
    • None too difficult. Discussion on quick sort, its run time complexity, basic OOP concepts. Few questions related to Polymorphism and Java specific class definitions.   Answer Question
    The HR came back with an offer and we went back and forth a couple of times before I accepted the offer.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in March 2010.

Interviews are mostly based on what you have in RESUME, basic programming language and some additional skills which makes you unique. Prior job experience helps. HR process is very simple, phone call and then group interview with 2-4 employees