BlackBerry Software Test Associate Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry (Milford, CT) in August 2012.

Interview

Had a technical phone interview which included general questions about your resume, puzzles ( One i can think of is: why is manhole round?), products and application. It is better to do research in detail about the company, familiarity with any testing experience before?

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackBerry

Software Test Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

A single call from the hiring manager's team members, started out with some behavioral questions (tell me about yourself, talk about resume, projects and extra-curriculars), and then moved on to some software QA questions, very straight forward. I believe the key here is to show how enthusiastic you are and you should be okay.

Interview Questions

• What is regression testing, Why do u want to be a tester   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Nego.

Software Test Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in June 2014.

Interview

it took one month to call me and after almost one month e-mail me rejection letter.asked some general behavioral question, then went to IQ test question, then asked question related testing.
    Q: what you will test if it has issues with showing 7 in mobile.

Software Test Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied through my campus recruitment portal (University of Waterloo), and heard back from them on time during the interviews period as one would expect.

The interview was at their head office here in Waterloo, and lasted around an hour. I arrived a bit late as I got delayed while leaving after a class, and they were completely understanding of it. The people seemed friendly in general, and my interviewers started off by talking about the job itself.

I was then asked a few general questions like 'Tell me about yourself...', 'What are your strengths and weaknesses?', 'Why do you want to do software testing?' and such. They then proceeded to the more technical questions related to the job itself such as testing methodologies, what would make a good bug report, and software testing scenarios.

Overall, it was a rather challenging interview as they did push for detailed answers and you had to think well on the spot for some of the scenarios. The position also involved working overtime for on-call duty to meet release schedules due to the nature of the team the job was for.

Their reply on the outcome of the interview came a few days later than expected, and resulted in some anxiety and confusion as they had promised to get back within a few weeks by the expected results time for our coop process here in UW.

Interview Questions

• If one of the keys on the numpad didn't work (pressed but no input displayed) while dialing a call on your phone, how would you find what the problem could be?   1 Answer
    • How would you test a microwave?   1 Answer
    • If you had to release something by the evening, but only managed to complete a third of the tests by noon, how would you approach the situation?   1 Answer

Software Test Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

Hiring process was relatively quick. Being from BC they quickly set up a phone conference interview. The interview was mostly technical questions such as how you would test things, but we also touched on past test experiences, some algorithms and optimization, and finally details about the position itself. Overall, the interview went smoothly and I found it was extremely fair for the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you hate most about QA and Software Testing... and how would you fix it.   Answer Question

Software Test Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied through Campus Recruiting and was contacted for a phone interview within a week

Interview Questions

• If you were trying to calculate 5*9 on the Blackberry app and the digit 9 wouldn't display how would you test to see if it was a software or hardware problem   1 Answer
    • If you were given a text box and a submit button with no other information, how would you test it   1 Answer

Software Testing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in July 2012.

Interview

Easy interview, started off with introduction and moved on to behavioral questions and technical questions, standard behavioral questions and the technical questions were based mostly on software QA aspects.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation for interns