BlackBerry

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Milford, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in August 2012.

Interview Details – Had a technical phone interview which included general questions about your resume, puzzles ( One i can think of is: why is manhole round?), products and application. It is better to do research in detail about the company, familiarity with any testing experience before?

Interview Question – tools that you have worked with, in testing?   Answer Question

Software Testing Associate Interview

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackBerry in July 2012.

Interview Details – Easy interview, started off with introduction and moved on to behavioral questions and technical questions, standard behavioral questions and the technical questions were based mostly on software QA aspects.

Interview Question – what is regression testing?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation for interns

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through my campus recruitment portal (University of Waterloo), and heard back from them on time during the interviews period as one would expect.

The interview was at their head office here in Waterloo, and lasted around an hour. I arrived a bit late as I got delayed while leaving after a class, and they were completely understanding of it. The people seemed friendly in general, and my interviewers started off by talking about the job itself.

I was then asked a few general questions like 'Tell me about yourself...', 'What are your strengths and weaknesses?', 'Why do you want to do software testing?' and such. They then proceeded to the more technical questions related to the job itself such as testing methodologies, what would make a good bug report, and software testing scenarios.

Overall, it was a rather challenging interview as they did push for detailed answers and you had to think well on the spot for some of the scenarios. The position also involved working overtime for on-call duty to meet release schedules due to the nature of the team the job was for.

Their reply on the outcome of the interview came a few days later than expected, and resulted in some anxiety and confusion as they had promised to get back within a few weeks by the expected results time for our coop process here in UW.

Interview Questions

• If one of the keys on the numpad didn't work (pressed but no input displayed) while dialing a call on your phone, how would you find what the problem could be?   View Answer
  • How would you test a microwave?   View Answer
  • If you had to release something by the evening, but only managed to complete a third of the tests by noon, how would you approach the situation?   View Answer

Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring process was relatively quick. Being from BC they quickly set up a phone conference interview. The interview was mostly technical questions such as how you would test things, but we also touched on past test experiences, some algorithms and optimization, and finally details about the position itself. Overall, the interview went smoothly and I found it was extremely fair for the position.

Interview Question – What do you hate most about QA and Software Testing... and how would you fix it.   Answer Question

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackBerry in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through Campus Recruiting and was contacted for a phone interview within a week

Interview Questions

• If you were trying to calculate 5*9 on the Blackberry app and the digit 9 wouldn't display how would you test to see if it was a software or hardware problem   View Answer
  • If you were given a text box and a submit button with no other information, how would you test it   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at BlackBerry

Worked for BlackBerry? Contribute to the Community!

BlackBerry Videos

BlackBerry – Why Work for Us?

Be Bold. Be Passionate. Be Creative Be Bold is our philosophy. At BlackBerry, you can push the boundaries and you can rewrite the rules. Innovation is rewarded and you’ll know that the people you work with all share… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BlackBerry Software Test Associate interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by BlackBerry employees and interview candidates.