BlackBerry Software Tester Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in July 2010.

Interview

They called my phone and asked a coup,e of questions regarding experiences in software testing.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for BlackBerry

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BlackBerry (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

1. Received email from recruiter to schedule an interview: she seemed very enthusiastic and organized
    2. Phone interview with manager with tech questions (software based, the usual ones)
    3. Phone interview with other manager about problem solving in general
    4. Webcam interview (puke!!) with team members, mostly same questions as # 2
    5. Assignment given: more technical questions, some problem solving questions
    6. In person with manager and director to review assignment and discuss hobbies
    7. Phone interview with VP to discuss career goals and hobbies
    8. Receive offer, accept offer, do background check, submit paperwork, begin working.

Total span was about 2 months from 1 to 8.

Interview Questions

• How can you store extra information in a linked list without adding a new data member given that the memory is X byte aligned?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate. My advice is not to be desperate and if you aren't happy, don't take it! Opt out of the bonus for an increase in base salary and ask for more OFFICIAL vacation.

Software Tester Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Phone interview is easy where they ask you about yourself. Then second interview they ask some technical questions about the position you would be working on.

Interview Questions

• What did you do about a problem you could not solve.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation because it was internship with fix offer.

Software Tester Interview

Interview

It was a co-op position, I applied through my university's career website.
    I had a 45 minute in person interview at RIM ottawa office.
    I was asked about my previous work experience.
    Questions were related to my skills on my resume and testing life cycle questions,

Software Tester Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry in February 2013.

Interview

phone interview, very breif and informal

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied through the school's co-op program. Had an hour long phone interview that was largely informal, with purely non-technical questions. Fairly easy and straightforward in my opinion

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a difficult problem that you had to solve   Answer Question