BlackBerry

www.blackberry.com

BlackBerry Software Tools Developer Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Applied through university coop program. Received interview request for a different position than what I initially applied for based on a resume pre-screen by a hiring manager.

Interview was very informal. The interviewer was very friendly and asked basic questions about my resume and experience. The interview seemed to be more of a personality test.

Other Interview Reviews for BlackBerry

Software Tools Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in April 2011.

It was a fun lengthy interview process. The phone interview consisted of 2 interviews. The first phone interview was about Skills Test and Personality Test with the HR. The second interview was about my skill set. So they asked me what I have done in the past and how I did it.

The people are super nice, we had a nice conversation about technology and skills. It was a normal interview so it wasn't that bad.

The Group Panel Interview was interesting, they made me come onsite, and there was 3 geniuses in a board room for a good 4 hours! They didn't ask me to solve any algorithms or any teaser questions, they wanted to see how I work on a normal day to day activity.

So they gave me a paragraph that describes a problem. They said this is a user story. So for 1 hour, I needed to break down that user story and gather requirements. That user story was about authentications and permission roles. It was really nice scenario, because till this day, whatever I did during that day is what I am doing right now! We were brainstorming ways to make it better, it felt awesome.

Interview Questions
    • Design a work break down structure for the user story. The user story was as a User I can manage my groups projects and administrate them.   View Answer
    • From some given tasks, you need to figure out a proper data model design   View Answer
    • Last step is to design the architecture, how to implement the Authentication Roles for Projects.   View Answer
    Bad, I made a mistake in my offer, but they said they can't go higher. But I really liked the interview so I wanted the job, so I just took it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in August 2010.

Applied online, and it took at least two months before the initial set-up for a phone interview. It was the summer season, so it could have been vacation time. Started with a HR interview, and moved on to an half-hour to an hour technical phone interview. A week later, an in-person interview was scheduled.

The process was fairly painless and straightforward. The technical interview was interesting and wide-ranging, and seemed to be a good cross-section of the job requirements.

Interview Questions
    • Given a large corpus of data, how would one search the data for a string efficiently?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in August 2010.

Applied online. Was contacted after 2 weeks. Interviewed with recruiter on phone.