BlackBerry

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tools Developer Interview

Tools Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in June 2010.

Interview Details – I received the interview through my University. This was only a co-op position so it only consisted of a 30min interview. The manager was pretty straight to the point and immediately started asking technical questions. He asked technical questions about Oracle, Perl, and some web development stuff. They were not design questions but simply factual type questions. It's either you know it or you don't so don't get too worked up on it. There wasn't too much asked about my previous work experience or any soft skill type questions.

Pretty easy interview overall.

Interview Questions

• List all the data types that are used in Oracle DB.   View Answer
  • What HTTP version is currently used in the web?   View Answer

Tools Developer Interview

Tools Developer

The process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2010.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume and some other stuffs on Rim's Job site. After one or two days, they replied me that they would consider me for the a position. This email was quickly followed by another one saying that they want to have an interview with me. It was an phone interview taking an hour. There were three interviewers, all in the team I was going to work in. The interview started with several behavioral questions like what I did before and what my largest weekness is. Then come the technical questions. Three algorithm questions which were pretty simple and one brain teaser which was a bit difficult. And in the end I was given the chance to ask some questions regarding their team.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes. I was given a twelve-month co-op position but later I cut it down to eight month.

Worked for BlackBerry? Contribute to the Community!