BlackBerry Interview Questions in Toronto, ON

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.9

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Met associates from BlackBerry through various networking events. Got a call for an interview after a month. Was interviewed by a three people panel from the supply chain team. The interview lasted 30 minutes. They began by telling me about the position and asked a few technical and behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your resume and academic journey.   Answer Question
    • Can you tell us the t-code for creating a sales order in SAP?   1 Answer
    • Tell us your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Handheld Management and Tracking, Distribution Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Great interview process. One phone call with fun questions. The managers were very easy to talk to and made the phone call enjoyable. Accommodating due to the fact that I couldn't make it in to the office on that day.

Interview Questions

• If I were to have a gift card to any place, where would it be to?   Answer Question

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

Simple phone call with a team of engineers that all worked on the Big Data team. All asked questions on various aspects of software development from Java to Hadoop etc. Very nice bunch of guys and they were very very knowledgeable in their fields.

Interview Questions

• Describe the projects you worked on and what you learned when working on them.   Answer Question

Hardware Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied on their website, 3 weeks later got a interview on the phone. 30 min long. Interviewed with 3 guys, very relaxed, very nice guys. Told me about the position, what I'll be doing,very textbook interview. Job involves completing a series of thermal tests identified to qualify a product as well as qualifying prototypes or new solutions and involved in the design and development of new or existing thermal solutions. Easy questions. Got an email next day saying I got the job and got the official offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in python,shell, and matlab?   Answer Question
    • How do you find the size of a matrix and how do you find it's transpose in matlab?   Answer Question

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

After applying for this job on the Blackberry site as a part of my Co-op program, I received an invite for a interview via teleconference. The interview was conducted by three interviewees and went on for about a half an hour. Overall it was a good experience and I recieved an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackBerry (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

Two interviewers which were very nice and laid back. Asked basic questions about projects, skills, etc. Followed by technical questions from topics directly from the job posting. Know your resume and brush upon Java, C++, Databases and OS.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

This is dependent on really who is seeking to hire you and who you know as well as what level you are applying for. They look at job experience and out of the box thinking. Problem solver

Negotiation

easy

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

I went to a BlackBerry info session where I met my employer. I sent her in my resume, and a few weeks later we have an on the phone interview. There was no technical questions involved, overall very laid back interview process.

Interview Questions

• About yourself, why I wanted to work there.   1 Answer

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

No telephone interview, straight to in-person interview (seems they had a pressing need and timeline). Single interview with a Director (about 1 hour). No HR questions, just the facts related to role, my experience and how I would "fit".

Software Engineering Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online through the BlackBerry site, was contacted less than a month later by email for a 30 minute phone interview. They sent an offer package a month or so later with about 10 documents that had to be signed and returned via the package that they sent. Overall it was a very smooth process.

Interview Questions

• What scripting/UNIX projects have you worked on (Difficult for me since I hadn't done any)   1 Answer

Negotiation

They pay for extra luggage bag, airfare (round trip), transport from/to airport and 2 nights in a hotel.