BlackBerry

Updated Oct 31, 2014

139 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Received an initial email that confirmed I was selected for interview by one of the hiring managers, then via email promptly scheduled for an interview over the phone, of which lasted an hour talking mostly precious experiences. One week after the interview I was given an email response congratulating me on landing the position.

Interview Questions
    • What was the hardest problem you had and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Campus Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Was hired through a Co-op role so had an internal job process. Very little salary negotiation was possible which was a mistake.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in September 2013.

Simple phone interview, mostly behavioral questions with some very simple technical questions.

Software Test Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackBerry in August 2013.

Applied through Campus Recruiting and was contacted for a phone interview within a week

Interview Questions
    • If you were trying to calculate 5*9 on the Blackberry app and the digit 9 wouldn't display how would you test to see if it was a software or hardware problem   View Answer
    • If you were given a text box and a submit button with no other information, how would you test it   View Answer

Build and Release Specialist (Co-op) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackBerry in July 2013.

Was asked to interview one day before the scheduled time. Went in about 15 minutes early, waited in the lounge. Everyone in the office was friendly. Interviewers cracked a couple of jokes, overall it wasn't uptight but not too informal either.

Software Developer Infrastructure 8-16 Months Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in July 2013.

I applied and got contacted after 2-3 weeks . I had my phone interview and went pretty good . They asked me all the basics of c++ . Its been more than 2 weeks and I am still waiting for their reply .
    Hope everything work out on a good side

Interview Questions
    • Multi Threading Questions were unexpected as I have no knowledge on this topic   Answer Question

Software Tools Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Applied through university coop program. Received interview request for a different position than what I initially applied for based on a resume pre-screen by a hiring manager.

Interview was very informal. The interviewer was very friendly and asked basic questions about my resume and experience. The interview seemed to be more of a personality test.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at BlackBerry.

takes 4 1/2 months - BB is doing background screening for the last 7 years. if your history is out of Canada than really slow

Interview Questions
    • To believe in something which doesn't exist - a vision   Answer Question

Product Management: Operation Specialist Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at BlackBerry.

Applied online, and phone interview. Very nice manager, talked about the job, and general behavioural questions. Conflicts, priorities, etc. Overall experience was very relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • What qualities do you bring that other candidates don't have?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator - Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BlackBerry in April 2013.

Applied late in the term, received phone interview request. Did a 45-minute phone interview with team lead. Typical behavioural questions and questions about my background and experiences.

Interview Questions
    Received my offer letter about a week after the interview.