BlackBerry

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

Software Development Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in February 2014.

Overall this was a great experience - Interviewed on a conference call with 3 people, all part of an individual team, all of which I would end up working with later on. Interview was based heavily on past experiences, some minor technical questions, and a logic question. Overall very relaxed environment, felt really good.

Interview Questions
    • You have a deck of 52 cards, and you have no way of telling which are face down and which are face up. You know 10 of them are face up. Find a way to return 2 stacks of cards with an equal number of face up cards.   Answer Question

Software Test Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in January 2014.

Hiring process was relatively quick. Being from BC they quickly set up a phone conference interview. The interview was mostly technical questions such as how you would test things, but we also touched on past test experiences, some algorithms and optimization, and finally details about the position itself. Overall, the interview went smoothly and I found it was extremely fair for the position.

Interview Questions
    • What do you hate most about QA and Software Testing... and how would you fix it.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Received an initial email that confirmed I was selected for interview by one of the hiring managers, then via email promptly scheduled for an interview over the phone, of which lasted an hour talking mostly precious experiences. One week after the interview I was given an email response congratulating me on landing the position.

Interview Questions
    • What was the hardest problem you had and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Campus Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Was hired through a Co-op role so had an internal job process. Very little salary negotiation was possible which was a mistake.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in September 2013.

Simple phone interview, mostly behavioral questions with some very simple technical questions.

Software Test Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackBerry in August 2013.

Applied through Campus Recruiting and was contacted for a phone interview within a week

Interview Questions
    • If you were trying to calculate 5*9 on the Blackberry app and the digit 9 wouldn't display how would you test to see if it was a software or hardware problem   View Answer
    • If you were given a text box and a submit button with no other information, how would you test it   View Answer

Build and Release Specialist (Co-op) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackBerry in July 2013.

Was asked to interview one day before the scheduled time. Went in about 15 minutes early, waited in the lounge. Everyone in the office was friendly. Interviewers cracked a couple of jokes, overall it wasn't uptight but not too informal either.

Software Developer Infrastructure 8-16 Months Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in July 2013.

I applied and got contacted after 2-3 weeks . I had my phone interview and went pretty good . They asked me all the basics of c++ . Its been more than 2 weeks and I am still waiting for their reply .
    Hope everything work out on a good side

Interview Questions
    • Multi Threading Questions were unexpected as I have no knowledge on this topic   Answer Question

Software Tools Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Applied through university coop program. Received interview request for a different position than what I initially applied for based on a resume pre-screen by a hiring manager.

Interview was very informal. The interviewer was very friendly and asked basic questions about my resume and experience. The interview seemed to be more of a personality test.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at BlackBerry.

takes 4 1/2 months - BB is doing background screening for the last 7 years. if your history is out of Canada than really slow

Interview Questions
    • To believe in something which doesn't exist - a vision   Answer Question