BlackBerry Interview Questions in Toronto, ON

Updated Mar 16, 2015
Updated Mar 16, 2015

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at BlackBerry.

takes 4 1/2 months - BB is doing background screening for the last 7 years. if your history is out of Canada than really slow

Interview Questions
    • To believe in something which doesn't exist - a vision   Answer Question

Product Management: Operation Specialist Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at BlackBerry.

Applied online, and phone interview. Very nice manager, talked about the job, and general behavioural questions. Conflicts, priorities, etc. Overall experience was very relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • What qualities do you bring that other candidates don't have?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator - Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BlackBerry in April 2013.

Applied late in the term, received phone interview request. Did a 45-minute phone interview with team lead. Typical behavioural questions and questions about my background and experiences.

Interview Questions
    Received my offer letter about a week after the interview.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BlackBerry.

Phone screen with recruiter, 10 questions, standardized around experience as it relates to role, experience and looking for. Very standard and general every time
    Face to face with recruiter, hiring manager and a team member, very prescriptive, scored interview on a 2 page document. Very formula based, behavioural interview.
    Final interview with senior leader of HR or business combination. Relaxed, similar experience questions

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult employee relations issue you have encountered in your career? Describe the issue, and steps you took to work to resolution, and what the final result was.   Answer Question

Not interested in the work, manager kept emailing and texting during the interview, really seemed unconcerned about my answers. Couldn't imagine working for this person.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

1 phone interview screening
    1 phone interview based on role/job (scenario based questions)
    1 in person interview hiring manager got sick and replacement did not show any interest in the interview or the process, looked very bored and talked about himself and his previous employer. Told me he got nothing he is just filling in for sick manager. I asked if I should re-schedule with the manager. He said no need you will be contacted. I was contacted with an automated email indicating my services were not required. Never again.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry in March 2013.

I had a phone interview. Most questions are technical but basic. They are all about C++. For example, the difference between stack and heap, process and thread, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Just need to review basic knowledge of C++.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackBerry in March 2013.

Applied through my university. Received an email from the BlackBerry Campus Recruiter saying they would like to schedule a phone interview with me. Received the call on the scheduled date. They asked me general questions about my schooling, basic questions about programming in C++, mobile development, and multi-threaded programming. It was all very general and nothing too difficult. Very relaxed and the guys were very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Compare and contrast the differences between developing a desktop application vs developing a mobile application.   Answer Question
    I was pleased with their offer and didn't feel the need to negotiate.

Applications Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in March 2013.

Applied online, got an interview email 3 weeks later. Phone interview the next day.

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackBerry.

Applied through the school's co-op program. Had an hour long phone interview that was largely informal, with purely non-technical questions. Fairly easy and straightforward in my opinion

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a difficult problem that you had to solve   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in January 2013.

Phone interview was on simple systems topics such as Fourier transforms, sampling. Time frequency domain relationships.

In person interview was much more difficult and more details oriented than high level.

Questions on multirate and statistical signal processing. Questions in C, C++, and Matlab. In general questions required a blackboard and calculation.

Real-time implementations of systems

Interview Questions
    • Questions on multirate signal processing, upsampling, downsampling, including equations.   View Answer