BlackBerry Interview Questions in Toronto, ON

Updated Oct 23, 2014

138 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

1 phone interview screening
    1 phone interview based on role/job (scenario based questions)
    1 in person interview hiring manager got sick and replacement did not show any interest in the interview or the process, looked very bored and talked about himself and his previous employer. Told me he got nothing he is just filling in for sick manager. I asked if I should re-schedule with the manager. He said no need you will be contacted. I was contacted with an automated email indicating my services were not required. Never again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry in March 2013.

I had a phone interview. Most questions are technical but basic. They are all about C++. For example, the difference between stack and heap, process and thread, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Just need to review basic knowledge of C++.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackBerry in March 2013.

Applied through my university. Received an email from the BlackBerry Campus Recruiter saying they would like to schedule a phone interview with me. Received the call on the scheduled date. They asked me general questions about my schooling, basic questions about programming in C++, mobile development, and multi-threaded programming. It was all very general and nothing too difficult. Very relaxed and the guys were very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Compare and contrast the differences between developing a desktop application vs developing a mobile application.   Answer Question
    I was pleased with their offer and didn't feel the need to negotiate.

Applications Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in March 2013.

Applied online, got an interview email 3 weeks later. Phone interview the next day.

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackBerry.

Applied through the school's co-op program. Had an hour long phone interview that was largely informal, with purely non-technical questions. Fairly easy and straightforward in my opinion

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a difficult problem that you had to solve   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in January 2013.

Phone interview was on simple systems topics such as Fourier transforms, sampling. Time frequency domain relationships.

In person interview was much more difficult and more details oriented than high level.

Questions on multirate and statistical signal processing. Questions in C, C++, and Matlab. In general questions required a blackboard and calculation.

Real-time implementations of systems

Interview Questions
    • Questions on multirate signal processing, upsampling, downsampling, including equations.   View Answer

Touch Panel Developer, Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry in December 2012.

After the preliminary screening, the time taken to set up an interview may take anywhere from a few days to a few months (assuming they are interested in interviewing you). The interview, for Waterloo based students, will be at whichever location you will be working at, a great chance to take a look at the office culture, and the team that you would be working with as the successful candidate. The interview for this position involved a lot of first-year circuits, with some second-year diode theory.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the I-V characteristics of a diode. The only second-year question asked during the interview (outside of programming questions).   Answer Question

Project Support Coordinator Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in December 2012.

Applied online and received a phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Too many gotcha questions.
    Asking people to solve detailed work related problems that they are not familiar with.
    Asks questions along the lines of Microsoft and Google.
    Many detailed questions on programming languages - if it is not in your active repertoire - god help you.

Interview Questions
    • Write code to simulate recursion with iteration.
      Undergraduate numerical analysis problems that I did 25 years ago.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in November 2012.

3 steps process. 1) email then Phone Interview with HR, review resume, your expected salary range 2) email then Phone interview. In this case with a manager of three groups. Technical questions, describe best achievement, what are your weakness. In the end the interview was for 3 different jobs. After a long time got email I was not considered for step 3.

Interview Questions
    • Describe what design patterns you have used in solving a tough problem.   View Answer