BlackBerry Interview Questions in Toronto, ON

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.9

Campus Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Was hired through a Co-op role so had an internal job process. Very little salary negotiation was possible which was a mistake.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

Simple phone interview, mostly behavioral questions with some very simple technical questions.

Software Test Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied through Campus Recruiting and was contacted for a phone interview within a week

Interview Questions

• If you were trying to calculate 5*9 on the Blackberry app and the digit 9 wouldn't display how would you test to see if it was a software or hardware problem   1 Answer
    • If you were given a text box and a submit button with no other information, how would you test it   1 Answer

Build and Release Specialist (Co-op) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in July 2013.

Interview

Was asked to interview one day before the scheduled time. Went in about 15 minutes early, waited in the lounge. Everyone in the office was friendly. Interviewers cracked a couple of jokes, overall it wasn't uptight but not too informal either.

Software Developer Infrastructure 8-16 Months Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied and got contacted after 2-3 weeks . I had my phone interview and went pretty good . They asked me all the basics of c++ . Its been more than 2 weeks and I am still waiting for their reply .
    Hope everything work out on a good side

Interview Questions

• Multi Threading Questions were unexpected as I have no knowledge on this topic   Answer Question

Software Tools Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied through university coop program. Received interview request for a different position than what I initially applied for based on a resume pre-screen by a hiring manager.

Interview was very informal. The interviewer was very friendly and asked basic questions about my resume and experience. The interview seemed to be more of a personality test.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

takes 4 1/2 months - BB is doing background screening for the last 7 years. if your history is out of Canada than really slow

Interview Questions

• To believe in something which doesn't exist - a vision   Answer Question

Product Management: Operation Specialist Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online, and phone interview. Very nice manager, talked about the job, and general behavioural questions. Conflicts, priorities, etc. Overall experience was very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you bring that other candidates don't have?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator - Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied late in the term, received phone interview request. Did a 45-minute phone interview with team lead. Typical behavioural questions and questions about my background and experiences.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Received my offer letter about a week after the interview.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, 10 questions, standardized around experience as it relates to role, experience and looking for. Very standard and general every time
    Face to face with recruiter, hiring manager and a team member, very prescriptive, scored interview on a 2 page document. Very formula based, behavioural interview.
    Final interview with senior leader of HR or business combination. Relaxed, similar experience questions

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult employee relations issue you have encountered in your career? Describe the issue, and steps you took to work to resolution, and what the final result was.   Answer Question

Not interested in the work, manager kept emailing and texting during the interview, really seemed unconcerned about my answers. Couldn't imagine working for this person.