BlackBerry

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Coordinator - Co-op Interview

Project Coordinator - Co-op
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied late in the term, received phone interview request. Did a 45-minute phone interview with team lead. Typical behavioural questions and questions about my background and experiences.

Interview Question – Relatively standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Received my offer letter about a week after the interview.

Software Tools Developer Interview

Software Tools Developer
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – Applied through university coop program. Received interview request for a different position than what I initially applied for based on a resume pre-screen by a hiring manager.

Interview was very informal. The interviewer was very friendly and asked basic questions about my resume and experience. The interview seemed to be more of a personality test.

Interview Question – Go through your resume and describe it in detail.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – takes 4 1/2 months - BB is doing background screening for the last 7 years. if your history is out of Canada than really slow

Interview Question – To believe in something which doesn't exist - a vision   Answer Question

Handheld Support Interview

Handheld Support
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in November 2009.

Interview Details – There were 3 interviews: one with the human resources on the phone, the second one on the phone - technical questions and the third one in person with 6 supervisors and at the end with one manager. Great environment and culture.

Interview Question – How would you deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in February 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online through their website and received an e-mail from a recruiter a week-ish later with a request for an interview. I live in the Waterloo Region so the interview was held at one of their offices in Waterloo.

Interview ended up being a full-day long, and rotated between the hiring manager and HR rep, hiring manager and one of the project managers I'd support, hiring manager and the director, and hiring manager and a manager from a different department. Asked a series of questions, primarily on past experiences and how I'd react in different situations.

Was thanked for coming in and later received phone call (1-1.5 weeks later) offering me the position.

Interview Question – Some questions relating to PM-BOK lifecycle and process. Nothing too difficult, but a good idea to read through it if you received your designation years ago and forgot some of the fluff parts.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – This was more of a safety position. I had another offer for a position better suited to my skillset at another organization.

Process Quality Engineering Interview

Process Quality Engineering
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2010.

Interview Details – Initial communication was at the university's career fair. I met the HR lady and she wrote my name down and told me to apply for the job online. I applied around the beginning of January and didnt get called for an interview till the second week of april 2010. It was a phone interview and it went fairly well. The questions were not very difficult

Interview Question – If you had a phone with one key not working and the other keys working how do you figure out if it is a software issue or a hardware issue?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I was given an offer higher than I expected and accepted it immediately

Product Management: Operation Specialist Intern Interview

Product Management: Operation Specialist Intern
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – Applied online, and phone interview. Very nice manager, talked about the job, and general behavioural questions. Conflicts, priorities, etc. Overall experience was very relaxed.

Interview Question – What qualities do you bring that other candidates don't have?   Answer Question

Applications Developer Intern Interview

Applications Developer Intern
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, got an interview email 3 weeks later. Phone interview the next day.

Interview Question – How to implement stack using an array   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackBerry in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through my university. Received an email from the BlackBerry Campus Recruiter saying they would like to schedule a phone interview with me. Received the call on the scheduled date. They asked me general questions about my schooling, basic questions about programming in C++, mobile development, and multi-threaded programming. It was all very general and nothing too difficult. Very relaxed and the guys were very nice.

Interview Question – Compare and contrast the differences between developing a desktop application vs developing a mobile application.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was pleased with their offer and didn't feel the need to negotiate.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in November 2012.

Interview Details – Before my previous contract ends, I started looking for another contract, I published my resume to the job agent, one week later I got the on-site interview at waterloo, first technical interview with software development lead and one senior software developer, the interview is more difficult than at Banks, some code optimization questions, after that I had been interviewed by the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Some code optimization questions.   Answer Question