BlackBerry

129 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Management: Operation Specialist Intern Interview

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – Applied online, and phone interview. Very nice manager, talked about the job, and general behavioural questions. Conflicts, priorities, etc. Overall experience was very relaxed.

Interview Question – What qualities do you bring that other candidates don't have?   Answer Question

Applications Developer Intern Interview

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, got an interview email 3 weeks later. Phone interview the next day.

Interview Question – How to implement stack using an array   Answer Question

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackBerry in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through my university. Received an email from the BlackBerry Campus Recruiter saying they would like to schedule a phone interview with me. Received the call on the scheduled date. They asked me general questions about my schooling, basic questions about programming in C++, mobile development, and multi-threaded programming. It was all very general and nothing too difficult. Very relaxed and the guys were very nice.

Interview Question – Compare and contrast the differences between developing a desktop application vs developing a mobile application.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was pleased with their offer and didn't feel the need to negotiate.

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in November 2012.

Interview Details – Before my previous contract ends, I started looking for another contract, I published my resume to the job agent, one week later I got the on-site interview at waterloo, first technical interview with software development lead and one senior software developer, the interview is more difficult than at Banks, some code optimization questions, after that I had been interviewed by the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Some code optimization questions.   Answer Question

Radio Firmware Interview

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in June 2012.

Interview Details – Had one interview, very technical. Know your volatile, masking, addressing, bit-wise functions etc.

Interview Question – Wit only using Bitwise operations, write a program that returns the number of zeros in a binary number. Like 01010010 will return 5.   View Answer

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – Phone screen with recruiter, 10 questions, standardized around experience as it relates to role, experience and looking for. Very standard and general every time
Face to face with recruiter, hiring manager and a team member, very prescriptive, scored interview on a 2 page document. Very formula based, behavioural interview.
Final interview with senior leader of HR or business combination. Relaxed, similar experience questions

Interview Question – What was the most difficult employee relations issue you have encountered in your career? Describe the issue, and steps you took to work to resolution, and what the final result was.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not interested in the work, manager kept emailing and texting during the interview, really seemed unconcerned about my answers. Couldn't imagine working for this person.

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in March 2013.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview. Most questions are technical but basic. They are all about C++. For example, the difference between stack and heap, process and thread, etc.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. Just need to review basic knowledge of C++.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview screening
1 phone interview based on role/job (scenario based questions)
1 in person interview hiring manager got sick and replacement did not show any interest in the interview or the process, looked very bored and talked about himself and his previous employer. Told me he got nothing he is just filling in for sick manager. I asked if I should re-schedule with the manager. He said no need you will be contacted. I was contacted with an automated email indicating my services were not required. Never again.

Interview Question – why did you apply for this position?   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2011.

Interview Details – Initial communication was via email, followed by a telephone interview. The interview was detailed and was geared toward screening for competency and experience. There were two back to back in person interviews, one with potential collegues, followed by an interview with the manager. The interviews gave a realistic job description so that you could determine whether the role was right for you.

Interview Question – Fairly standard questions. Nothing took me off guard.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview was on simple systems topics such as Fourier transforms, sampling. Time frequency domain relationships.

In person interview was much more difficult and more details oriented than high level.

Questions on multirate and statistical signal processing. Questions in C, C++, and Matlab. In general questions required a blackboard and calculation.

Real-time implementations of systems

Interview Question – Questions on multirate signal processing, upsampling, downsampling, including equations.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at BlackBerry