BlackBerry

Average Difficulty
133 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in March 2013.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview. Most questions are technical but basic. They are all about C++. For example, the difference between stack and heap, process and thread, etc.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. Just need to review basic knowledge of C++.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview screening
1 phone interview based on role/job (scenario based questions)
1 in person interview hiring manager got sick and replacement did not show any interest in the interview or the process, looked very bored and talked about himself and his previous employer. Told me he got nothing he is just filling in for sick manager. I asked if I should re-schedule with the manager. He said no need you will be contacted. I was contacted with an automated email indicating my services were not required. Never again.

Interview Question – why did you apply for this position?   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Human Resources Business Partner
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2011.

Interview Details – Initial communication was via email, followed by a telephone interview. The interview was detailed and was geared toward screening for competency and experience. There were two back to back in person interviews, one with potential collegues, followed by an interview with the manager. The interviews gave a realistic job description so that you could determine whether the role was right for you.

Interview Question – Fairly standard questions. Nothing took me off guard.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview was on simple systems topics such as Fourier transforms, sampling. Time frequency domain relationships.

In person interview was much more difficult and more details oriented than high level.

Questions on multirate and statistical signal processing. Questions in C, C++, and Matlab. In general questions required a blackboard and calculation.

Real-time implementations of systems

Interview Question – Questions on multirate signal processing, upsampling, downsampling, including equations.   View Answer

Director Interview

Director
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BlackBerry in February 2009.

Interview Details – There were 4 interviews sessions. One was face-to-face with 3 people. Three others were phone interviews, including two with senior management. In general, the hiring process was slow and took me about 3 months to receive an offer. There was two interviews with in-house recruiter, one with the HR manager for the division, two with the hiring manager and his boss, and two with the senior VPs of the organization.

Interview Question – How would yoy deliver a bad news to your VP?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – standard offer with no negotiaition.

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in November 2012.

Interview Details – 3 steps process. 1) email then Phone Interview with HR, review resume, your expected salary range 2) email then Phone interview. In this case with a manager of three groups. Technical questions, describe best achievement, what are your weakness. In the end the interview was for 3 different jobs. After a long time got email I was not considered for step 3.

Interview Question – Describe what design patterns you have used in solving a tough problem.   View Answer

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through school's co-op system and received acknowledgement within two weeks. The interview consisted of the manager and a fellow software developer. The software developer is there mostly to observe your behaviors, occasionally asking you some questions about your resume. Some basic technical questions were asked, but it was mostly behavioral questions such as "what is a good manager to you?"

Interview Question – "What defines a good manager to you?" "What is the biggest flop you made?" "If you and I were to get into a conflict, what would you do?" "Tell me about something you do outside of school and work, that you think would differentiate yourself from others."   Answer Question

Software Tester Interview

Software Tester
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – Applied through the school's co-op program. Had an hour long phone interview that was largely informal, with purely non-technical questions. Fairly easy and straightforward in my opinion

Interview Question – Give an example of a difficult problem that you had to solve   Answer Question

IT Support Interview

IT Support
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at BlackBerry in November 2009.

Interview Details – 3 Level Interview. 1. HR on the phone 2. HR in person 3. Technical
Followed by extensive background screening. so do not lie on resume if you are applying to RIM.

Interview Question – Very standard interview and it depends on who is hiring you.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in June 2012.

Interview Details – - Applied through Jobmine
- On campus interview at University of Waterloo
- Fairly easy interview: knowledge based questions, zero lines of actual code written, behavioral questions.
- Offer extended through Jobmine.

Interview Question – Explain how the JVM works in detail.   Answer Question