BlackBerry Interview Questions in Toronto, ON

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.9

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

3 steps process. 1) email then Phone Interview with HR, review resume, your expected salary range 2) email then Phone interview. In this case with a manager of three groups. Technical questions, describe best achievement, what are your weakness. In the end the interview was for 3 different jobs. After a long time got email I was not considered for step 3.

Interview Questions

• Describe what design patterns you have used in solving a tough problem.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

Before my previous contract ends, I started looking for another contract, I published my resume to the job agent, one week later I got the on-site interview at waterloo, first technical interview with software development lead and one senior software developer, the interview is more difficult than at Banks, some code optimization questions, after that I had been interviewed by the hiring manager.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

lengthy-lots of behavioral questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple, they were accomodating

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through school's co-op system and received acknowledgement within two weeks. The interview consisted of the manager and a fellow software developer. The software developer is there mostly to observe your behaviors, occasionally asking you some questions about your resume. Some basic technical questions were asked, but it was mostly behavioral questions such as "what is a good manager to you?"

Interview Questions

• "What defines a good manager to you?" "What is the biggest flop you made?" "If you and I were to get into a conflict, what would you do?" "Tell me about something you do outside of school and work, that you think would differentiate yourself from others."   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

They asked me about my resume and some basic behavioral questions. It was a 30-minute phone interview. Easy and simple.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to prioritize different sections into one final report. No right or wrong answers.   Answer Question

Beta Zone Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Interview

- applied on line - easy process - had ONLY 1 phone interview - it was only 30mins - no surprises. very basic what do you know about the company

Interview Questions

• - what kind of cell phone you have - don't worry - you can still be hired if you don't have a blackberry   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation - they called me maybe a week or two later with the offer. They wanted to know asap if I accepted. I called my family to discuss and accepted later that day

Statistical Method Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

Pretty much behaviour questions. Few technical skills questions about whether you know it or not. He pretty much said on the phone interview that I should look my eyes on jobmine which normally means I got the job,

Negotiation

Coop position no negotiation

Co-op Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at BlackBerry (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

One stage interview, whereby the hiring manager was a Senior Business Planner. It was primarily a behavioural interview with situational questions. There was some questions regarding tech knowledge and interest, but was more of what are my interests in tech and why BlackBerry.

Interview Questions

• Tell me three things that are happening in tech today you find interesting.   Answer Question

Information Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied using RIM's online system and was contacted by a recruiter the following week. I was first asked to participate in an exploratory phone interview, which was followed up one day later by email asking me to attend a face-to-face interview in Waterloo. I was not reimbursed for the cost of visiting Waterloo or renting a car. Following the interview, I was informed I was not the selected candidate by email. I will note that I had to contact them to follow-up over 15 days after my interview to be informed I was not selected.

Security Research Aistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Interview process was good. submitted my resume online about two weeks latter got an email. Had one call interview after which i got an offer the next day. Interview ques were simple string manipulation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation