BlackBerry

93 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BlackBerry in March 2011.

I applied on the RIM website and was contacted a few days later by one of their recruiters and set up a phone interview. Phone interview consisted of a brief overview of my resume and previous expirience with a few situational questions. At the end of the interview I asked about more details of the position since the posting was vauge.. recruiter didn't know any specifics. I was contacted a few days later to setup a panel/presentation interview. I was told the presentation should be related to the job but the recruiter again couldn't answer specific questions about the position (ie, who the end user/customer was). The interview started with the presentation part of the interview. I was cutoff mid presentation and told that my presentation didn't exactly pertain to the position. I was then asked a series of situational/role playing questions. My answers were very similar to the "correct" answer given by the interviewers but I was criticized for not stating company policy. How am I suposed to know the company policies if I am not employed by the company?? This interview was frustrating and I felt like it was a complete waste of time. I don't even think a current employee would be able to "pass" the interview based on the answers they were looking for. I received a call from another recruiter a few weeks ago wanting to set up a phone interview for the same position. What a joke. Don't waste your time.

Interview Questions
    • You inherit an account from another account manager and on your second day you get a call from the VP of the company. VP is upset about an ongoing issue that has not been resolved and demands to speak to your VP within 30 minutes.   View Answer

Enterprise Support Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

The initial contact was a prescreen interview. The second interview was a face-to-face with the Account Management Supervisor and Director. Their attitudes were very condescending and rather dry. The 3rd interview was a panel interview with management and other Account Management.

Interview Questions
    • What are the most important characteristics that an Account Manager should possess?
      How would handle someone who was not doing their job.
        View Answer
    I requested a salary range of $55-60 and they gave me $60k

Power Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry in December 2009.

The hiring process was pretty smooth. You need to be very clear aboutt he basics of your field. Usually the interviewers are pretty knowledgeable about the subject so dont try to fake it.

Also be prepared to solve some riddles in the end of the interview. Also be prepared to answer questions related to blackberry.

Interview Questions
    • None. Did not expect to solve riddles//puzzles in the end.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

OS Embedded Developer, Inter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry in January 2012.

Apply on the RIM website. There will be screening interview by the HR. Manager will call you for the technical interview after that. It lasted only around 40 min's for me. He asked me coursework and project experience related to embedded systems and C programming.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate. For internships it is a fixed salary.

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackBerry in July 2010.

They called my phone and asked a coup,e of questions regarding experiences in software testing.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in April 2012.

Phone screening followed by on site interview

Can negotiate

Software Release Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online – interviewed at BlackBerry in March 2011.

HR interview, general questions about current position, salary, willing to be relocated
    Technical interview including verbally IQ tests, QA in detail, cell phone's behavior (data), IOT

Interview Questions
    • There was not any unexpected question. Each question was in reference to job description   Answer Question

Java Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry in February 2012.

Basic questions of Java, difference between Hash Map and a Hash Table, refer stack overflow for details
    what sort of projects i have worked on How is scheduling done at Network Layer, then i was to rate their product in comparison to other smart phones
    Synchronization questions and how does java implement synchronization (answer is monitors) and some about data structures

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackBerry in January 2012.

Got a mail regarding the position and when it was possible to take the interview. After a date was fixed, had a call interview for 45 mins. Initially briefed about the company and the department followed by asking personal experiences and some technical question.

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry in November 2009.

I was screened on campus with a preliminary 30 minute interview. Days later I was asked to an on site interview at the Sunrise location. The company only pays for gas spent and NOT mileage driven which I found disappointing. However they did offer to provide a shuttle, rental car, or possible airplane ticket depending on your location.

They provided a room at a nearby hotel the night prior to the interview.

The on site interview was all together 4 hours with 6 different interviewers at approx 30 minutes each. This was a pretty technical interview ranging from basic circuit knowledge to FFT graphs. After the interview they took me to lunch and we parted ways.

Interview Questions
    • Construct an XOR gate using NAND gates   View Answer
    • What happens to capacitors at DC conditions?   View Answer
    • Draw the FFT of a sawtooth wave.   View Answer
    • How to find the current in a resistor?   View Answer
    • If you're a recent grad expect A LOT of questions on your senior design project   View Answer