BlackBerry

Very Difficult Interview

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at BlackBerry in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied on the RIM website and was contacted a few days later by one of their recruiters and set up a phone interview. Phone interview consisted of a brief overview of my resume and previous expirience with a few situational questions. At the end of the interview I asked about more details of the position since the posting was vauge.. recruiter didn't know any specifics. I was contacted a few days later to setup a panel/presentation interview. I was told the presentation should be related to the job but the recruiter again couldn't answer specific questions about the position (ie, who the end user/customer was). The interview started with the presentation part of the interview. I was cutoff mid presentation and told that my presentation didn't exactly pertain to the position. I was then asked a series of situational/role playing questions. My answers were very similar to the "correct" answer given by the interviewers but I was criticized for not stating company policy. How am I suposed to know the company policies if I am not employed by the company?? This interview was frustrating and I felt like it was a complete waste of time. I don't even think a current employee would be able to "pass" the interview based on the answers they were looking for. I received a call from another recruiter a few weeks ago wanting to set up a phone interview for the same position. What a joke. Don't waste your time.

Interview Question – You inherit an account from another account manager and on your second day you get a call from the VP of the company. VP is upset about an ongoing issue that has not been resolved and demands to speak to your VP within 30 minutes.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Enterprise Support Account Manager Interview

Enterprise Support Account Manager
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – The initial contact was a prescreen interview. The second interview was a face-to-face with the Account Management Supervisor and Director. Their attitudes were very condescending and rather dry. The 3rd interview was a panel interview with management and other Account Management.

Interview Question – What are the most important characteristics that an Account Manager should possess?
How would handle someone who was not doing their job.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – I requested a salary range of $55-60 and they gave me $60k

Power Designer Interview

Power Designer
Rolling Meadows, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in December 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process was pretty smooth. You need to be very clear aboutt he basics of your field. Usually the interviewers are pretty knowledgeable about the subject so dont try to fake it.

Also be prepared to solve some riddles in the end of the interview. Also be prepared to answer questions related to blackberry.

Interview Question – None. Did not expect to solve riddles//puzzles in the end.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

OS Embedded Developer, Inter Interview

OS Embedded Developer, Inter
Sunrise, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2012.

Interview Details – Apply on the RIM website. There will be screening interview by the HR. Manager will call you for the technical interview after that. It lasted only around 40 min's for me. He asked me coursework and project experience related to embedded systems and C programming.

Interview Question – About Interrupt and handling that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. For internships it is a fixed salary.

Software Tester Interview

Software Tester
Sunrise, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackBerry in July 2010.

Interview Details – They called my phone and asked a coup,e of questions regarding experiences in software testing.

Interview Question – Did you create any software tool for testing ?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2012.

Interview Details – Phone screening followed by on site interview

Interview Question – Operating System concepts, deadlocks, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Can negotiate

Software Release Manager Interview

Software Release Manager
Irving, TX

I applied online - interviewed at BlackBerry in March 2011.

Interview Details – HR interview, general questions about current position, salary, willing to be relocated
Technical interview including verbally IQ tests, QA in detail, cell phone's behavior (data), IOT

Interview Question – There was not any unexpected question. Each question was in reference to job description   Answer Question

Java Applications Developer Interview

Java Applications Developer
Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in February 2012.

Interview Details – Basic questions of Java, difference between Hash Map and a Hash Table, refer stack overflow for details
what sort of projects i have worked on How is scheduling done at Network Layer, then i was to rate their product in comparison to other smart phones
Synchronization questions and how does java implement synchronization (answer is monitors) and some about data structures

Interview Question – Does Hash Table allow null values   View Answer

Validation Engineer Interview

Validation Engineer
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2012.

Interview Details – Got a mail regarding the position and when it was possible to take the interview. After a date was fixed, had a call interview for 45 mins. Initially briefed about the company and the department followed by asking personal experiences and some technical question.

Interview Questions

RF Engineer Interview

RF Engineer
Sunrise, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in November 2009.

Interview Details – I was screened on campus with a preliminary 30 minute interview. Days later I was asked to an on site interview at the Sunrise location. The company only pays for gas spent and NOT mileage driven which I found disappointing. However they did offer to provide a shuttle, rental car, or possible airplane ticket depending on your location.

They provided a room at a nearby hotel the night prior to the interview.

The on site interview was all together 4 hours with 6 different interviewers at approx 30 minutes each. This was a pretty technical interview ranging from basic circuit knowledge to FFT graphs. After the interview they took me to lunch and we parted ways.

Interview Questions

• Construct an XOR gate using NAND gates   View Answer
  • What happens to capacitors at DC conditions?   View Answer
  • Draw the FFT of a sawtooth wave.   View Answer
  • How to find the current in a resistor?   View Answer
  • If you're a recent grad expect A LOT of questions on your senior design project   View Answer

Worked for BlackBerry? Contribute to the Community!