BlackBerry

94 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Baseband Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry in October 2009.

The initial phone interview basically had me explaining my resume and experience in detail. This lasted 1hour. The interviewer was very friendly.
    Next phase was a 4 hr on site interview. I was interview by 5 managers out of which one was the managing director. Others were hardware managers in different specialties. I had 4 tests from the 4 technical guys and i was to solve them in front of them. They basically wanted to know my thought process. The guys were friendly and not too pressurizing.
    I felt the position demanded a lot of expertise. It was a very good experience. I got a call within a week that i did not get through.

Interview Questions
    • Reliability and QA related questions during my work   View Answer

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in November 2008.

The hiring process was pretty cut and dried. Interviewed with team members, peers, management. Interviews consisted of phone calls, one - on -one meetings, presentations, a trip to Waterloo to meet management. Very thorough...

Interview Questions
    • Describe an technical architectural overview.   View Answer
    Was able to negotiate a higher salary than originally offered.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BlackBerry in October 2010.

Mostly technical questions

I did not negotiate much

Radio Software Integration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in June 2013.

you need to apply for the position in the company website.
    Later i got a mail from the recruiter that i need to give a phone interview.
    The phone interview went for about an hour which is done by two individuals.
    1st person asked me more about the projects i mentioned in my resume and technical questions regarding in the field of RF.
    2nd person is completely technical round.

as it iwas an intern position so i was not able to negostiate

Mechanical Designer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Talked with recruiter at campus who said BlackBerry wasn't accepting resumes but told me to apply online. After I applied I emailed her later and she responded that the interview process would begin soon. Got contacted for a phone interview with the manager. Interview began with explaining points on my resume while the manager looked for a point to segue into the technical interview. Questions were very technical, asking about different aspects of Mechanics of Materials (beam bending) and a general physics question about buoyancy. Manager was more interested in how I came about finding the answer rather than whether I was right or not. I was contacted a couple weeks later over phone offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • When you fix a beam to a wall and add a shear force at the end of the beam, where does the beam fail first?   Answer Question
    • Which type of beam would be stronger against a shear force at its end: a hollow circular tube or a solid cylindrical bar both with the same cross-sectional area?   Answer Question
    • If you have a boat in water and you want to sink the boat, how would you go about doing it? How does the boat stay above water normally?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Pay was very good compared with other companies.

Radio Software Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in March 2012.

Applied online. got a call and interview was completely technical on whats on my resume

Software Test Automation Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

interviewed at BlackBerry in December 2013.

Interview process was really great. To the point questions and discussion regarding previous experience. Lots of detailed questions regarding test censorious, programming languages. Networking related questions and experience with coding on handheld devices. Really awesome manager.

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in January 2010.

Excellent process. They have a very good and solid interview process to hire prospect employees. It is very well organized and they have no problem organizing travel arrangements if needed.

Interview Questions
    It was good but not that much flexible.

Software Validation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at BlackBerry in September 2012.

Very logical and reasoned process. After phone screen by hiring manager, I was called in for a formal interview by the Development team lead. When I arrived, I found 3 separate team leads and a senior manager. Each had excellent interviewing skills, asking difficult questions pertaining to the position. The questions became more detailed as they attempted to find my technical limits. However, the interview was still concluded within one hour.

Interview Questions
    • A question regarding my stance of the balance of product deadlines vs product quality.   View Answer
    Negotiation was simple, I accepted the first offer as it was handsome and slightly higher than expected.

Software Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in December 2012.

Held a company interview at a local hotel to recruit for a new project after layoffs at another company. Went there for several different interviews with multiple managers. After that there were more phone conversations, background checks that had to be done, then the offer letter. All of this took a long time because of the different departments and approvals that these new positions had to go through.