BlackBerry

90 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer
Cary, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BlackBerry in November 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview, followed by interview. The interview was an hour or hour and a half long, with multiple interviewers and included general questions, questions about previous jobs, and the "tell me about a time when ...." questions. I've had tougher interviews, but I've also had lighter ones.

Negotiation Details – Negotiated salary and got a bump from the initial offer

Software Developer, Internship Interview

Software Developer, Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – Initial communications began at the university careers fair, followed up with a phone call from Blackberry in Bellevue, WA. Interview was scheduled in the following week, for a summer internship position that would begin a few months after the screening process. There were also the usual series of background checks, but those were carried out after the interview process ended.

Interview Question – Immediately write code with a sharpie without any points for reference, timed under 5 minutes. There was a simple scenario given, but it did not matter that much in reality.   Answer Question

Radio/Protocols Stack Software Developer Interview

Radio/Protocols Stack Software Developer
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in March 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and got phone interview call based on background. After clearing phone interview I got called for on site interview.

Interview Question – Questions on past projects, cache, hamming codes. C coding questions.   Answer Question

RF Test Associate Interview

RF Test Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – Applied online through the careers website. Got a call after 3+ weeks.

Interview Question – Do you have any experience with C?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BlackBerry in August 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process is relatively easy compared to the competitors, just couple of rounds of interviews and thats it. Hiring process is easy, but slow

Interview Question – Questions about the domain   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation phase for fast and quick because of me.

Team Lead Interview

Team Lead
Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BlackBerry in October 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring went well

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate salary

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Software Development Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – Very easy, discussed project from previous internship

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Marketing Specialist Interview

Marketing Specialist
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2009.

Interview Details – Standard HR questions on "core competencies" - how would others describe you, are you available to relocate, the dreaded salary requirements, question - she pushed me to give a number (she was typing my answers into her PC, so it was clearly a screening interview. Some review of my resume material, clarifying dates and times etc. Nothing close to a technical question. Nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interview questions were basic but still better than a lot of other interview questions I see. RIM's Chicago office is new and very nice.

There were a couple of programming questions. There were a lot of knowledge questions like "Do you know <X> technology or protocol". I got interviewed by 6 different people and I got a bit too tired at the end. It also didn't help that their most senior engineer interviewed me last after I was spent.

One warning to anyone considering RIM: Their HR is awful. For my interview they've invited me to Chicago. I filed my expenses (under $100 total) to be reimbursed but haven't gotten it yet in 2 months... I have emailed several times, tried to call. They respond and always say "This will be processed this week". Still waiting. Very unprofessional IMO. I'm glad I didn't take their offer. I found a similar job that paid ~ 10K better.

Interview Question – Write a function that extracts bits 1,2,9,10,19,20 from a 32-bit register and writes them to an 8 bit register.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The offer was below my market rate and they refused to match my market rate. I also have to say the HR rep was often rude and clueless and that was a big turn off for me. I thought the management was very reasonable. I felt like the HR did a terrible job of communicating what I asked and why to them.

Technical Support Interview

Technical Support
Irving, TX

The process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackBerry in March 2010.

Interview Details – The inicial communication was very good. First I received an email with the job posting. 2nd, Isent my resume withncover letter.
After one day the company answred my email asking for a phone interview. The company did schedule an specific time which one of the recruter would contact by phone.
The next day, the recruter contacted exactly at the right time. The phone interview was good, the recruter was very friendly.
After that, sent me an email with an appointment for a face-to-face interview.

Interview Question – The questions about technical support for IT.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at BlackBerry