BlackBerry Interview Questions in United States

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

93 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Mobile Applications Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

I was an intern for two semesters before I applied back for the same team after graduation, so my experience may be shorter than others.

My interview for the intern position was a phone screen that lasted a little longer than an hour with 4 developers and 2 managers. The managers explained the projects that the respective teams owned while the developers asked questions. The questions mostly consisted of object oriented design principles of Java and regular expressions.

I applied through the public employment portal. The process took close to a month from scheduling an interview, through the background check, until I had an offer. The interview consisted of 6 rounds, 4 of them being technical questions or riddles and the other two regarding my experience outside of BlackBerry.

Interview Questions
    • For my internship the most expected question was whether or not interfaces are supported in C++. I answered, no that's a Java only construct. The interviewer then asked if I was familiar with the virtual keyword in cpp, at which point I realized that you could create an equivalent of a Java interface in cpp by creating an abstract class with only pure virtual member functions. A great question.

For my full time interview, there a few trickster questions regarding memory management in C/C++ (e.g. when and where will this program crash, where is the memory leak, etc.) as well as a few general binary search tree and linked list questions. Expect a few questions regarding running time and concurrency, but nothing too grueling.
        Answer Question
    The negotiation phase was simple enough, but seemed to draw out for too long. They offered me more than my ballpark figure was with good benefits. The longest and most grueling part was the background check.

Radio Software Developer, Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BlackBerry in July 2010.

For interns you submit a resume, transcript online. If you are selected then Phone-Interview of 1 hour. During the interview they asked a question from each of my completed 3rd software engineering courses.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation because it was a standard Intern offer.

Radio Software Integration - Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in July 2013.

I was emailed about the interview with the scheduled date and time. The phone interview lasted one hour. I was asked questions from everything on my resume. The questions were technical as well as behavorial. Two days later the HR called to inform me I got the internship.

Interview Questions
    • Explain what happens from the time the WiFi adapter is switched on to the moment connection is established. Although I know the answer now, I was not thorough at the time I took the interview.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BlackBerry in November 2010.

Phone interview, followed by interview. The interview was an hour or hour and a half long, with multiple interviewers and included general questions, questions about previous jobs, and the "tell me about a time when ...." questions. I've had tougher interviews, but I've also had lighter ones.

Negotiated salary and got a bump from the initial offer

Software Developer, Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Initial communications began at the university careers fair, followed up with a phone call from Blackberry in Bellevue, WA. Interview was scheduled in the following week, for a summer internship position that would begin a few months after the screening process. There were also the usual series of background checks, but those were carried out after the interview process ended.

Interview Questions
    • Immediately write code with a sharpie without any points for reference, timed under 5 minutes. There was a simple scenario given, but it did not matter that much in reality.   Answer Question

Radio/Protocols Stack Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in March 2012.

Applied online and got phone interview call based on background. After clearing phone interview I got called for on site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on past projects, cache, hamming codes. C coding questions.   Answer Question

RF Test Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Applied online through the careers website. Got a call after 3+ weeks.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BlackBerry in August 2009.

Interview process is relatively easy compared to the competitors, just couple of rounds of interviews and thats it. Hiring process is easy, but slow

Interview Questions
    Negotiation phase for fast and quick because of me.

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BlackBerry in October 2010.

Hiring went well

Was able to negotiate salary

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Very easy, discussed project from previous internship

No negotiation