BlackBerry Interview Questions in United States

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.9

Sales Director - T-Mobile Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry (Bellevue, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

Great company. Great people. Great products! Interviewed with SVP of Carrier Sales who was very professional, informative and gracious. Great introduction to BB culture,dynamics and overall expectations. Highly recommend BB if you're interested in joining a great company.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BlackBerry (Irving, TX) in August 2009.

Interview

Interview process is relatively easy compared to the competitors, just couple of rounds of interviews and thats it. Hiring process is easy, but slow

Interview Questions

• Questions about the domain   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation phase for fast and quick because of me.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Initial communications began at the university careers fair, followed up with a phone call from Blackberry in Bellevue, WA. Interview was scheduled in the following week, for a summer internship position that would begin a few months after the screening process. There were also the usual series of background checks, but those were carried out after the interview process ended.

Interview Questions

• Immediately write code with a sharpie without any points for reference, timed under 5 minutes. There was a simple scenario given, but it did not matter that much in reality.   Answer Question

Radio/Protocols Stack Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry (Dallas, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied online and got phone interview call based on background. After clearing phone interview I got called for on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions on past projects, cache, hamming codes. C coding questions.   Answer Question

RF Test Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Applied online through the careers website. Got a call after 3+ weeks.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

phone interview about 25 minutes. First the employer described the company and position. Then he asked me about one of my mobile projects on the resume. Then some follow up about the project. At last, he asked me if I have used some tools like git.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Very easy, discussed project from previous internship

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in December 2012.

Interview

Held a company interview at a local hotel to recruit for a new project after layoffs at another company. Went there for several different interviews with multiple managers. After that there were more phone conversations, background checks that had to be done, then the offer letter. All of this took a long time because of the different departments and approvals that these new positions had to go through.

Embedded Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry (Irving, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Got a phone call from the HR manager & he asked about few stuffs in the resume. He scheduled a technical round on the immediate next day. A senior level engineer called me & asked questions regarding auto-interrupts, external interrupts, SPI, UART & DAC. He also asked some questions in C about linked list & structures. Asked few questions from RTOS, difference between semaphore & mutex, scheduler & stack, frame pointers.

Interview Questions

• Design a function that takes a structure and inserts it into a sorted linked list of structures   Answer Question

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at BlackBerry (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

I knew someone at the company but I still started with the internal recruiter screening to start, then I had a phone interview with hiring manager this led to an in person interview with hiring manager and finally an in person interview with head of sales. The process could have been faster but all in all I felt it was a fair interview process, not too stressful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't a lot of negotiation. It was a fair offer based on my last job and my experience.