BlackBerry

90 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in July 2010.

Interview Details – There was a panel of 3 interviewers. They asked about my projects related to operating system, kernel development. They wanted to know details of the projects. So anyone interviewing must go through all the projects on their resume. They just ask all details about them, how, why, any way you could have made it better.

Interview Question – Details of the projects, whether done in c, c++ or any other language.   Answer Question

Operations Coordinator Interview

Operations Coordinator
Rolling Meadows, IL

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in August 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a phone interview invitation. The interview was a basic review of my background and qualifications. The recruiter was exceptionally professional and communicative.Was told by the end of the call that an in-person interview would be scheduled. Coordination was difficult and the first interview was rescheduled. I Interviewed with a manager 1:1 and also a panel interview with two peers at other locations. Questions were skill based and straight-forward. Time was an issue and the interview felt rushed. 90 minutes was insufficient to cover all aspects of the job. I did not receive an offer but strongly feel that the recruiter was the best I have dealt with in my search. The company has alot going on with rapid growth but they seem to maintain a small company feel. Overall, a very positive experience.

Interview Question – Describe a time that you did not do a good job with a customer/client.   Answer Question

Software Test Eng Interview

Software Test Eng
Cary, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in December 2010.

Interview Details – How would you test a toy ladybug?

The culture seemed laid back, but they want workers that really know their stuff.

Interview Question – How would you test this ladybug?   Answer Question

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Software Developer Co-Op
Sunrise, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in November 2010.

Interview Details – This was for a product software development co-op position.
The hiring manager sent out an email and contacted via phone to schedule an interview.
The interviewer called right on time and asked JAVA questions.
Basics of JAVA as well as implementation based questions asked.
Got a call from the recruiter after 4 hours and they extended the offer.

Interview Question – what is an iterator in java?   Answer Question

Embedded Systems Software Developer Interview

Embedded Systems Software Developer
Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for this position through university career center, then they called me and scheduled an interview oncampus. Interview was about 1 hour, initially interviewer inquired about my projects then he asked to write a code in C language. The questions were simple. After the interview I never heard from them.

Interview Question – Write a C code for reversing a group of integers?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in May 2011.

Interview Details – Received a call from an internal recruiter who offices in a different city and she phone screened me. I was then asked to go in for an onsite interview. The hiring manager and her direct report (the team) both met with me, and spent a long time to go over behavioral interview questions. Organized but relaxed atmosphere and the team meeting was nice. The next step was to meet with the director - but was informed that the position was frozen.

Interview Question – I was provided with a scenario where three employee relations situations that all occurred at the same time. I was asked how I would handle each of them in what order, then asked why I chose to tackle them in the manner I described.   Answer Question

Baseband Interface Validation Associate Interview

Baseband Interface Validation Associate
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in August 2011.

Interview Details – This was a co-op position. There was only a telephonic interview. The team lead conducted the interview. Was very friendly and helpful. Asked questions about basic circuits and a few behavioral questions. The offer was made 2 days later by the HR.

Interview Question – If you find out that there is something wrong with the circuit, wht would you do to find the error?   Answer Question

Embedded Software Developer Interview

Embedded Software Developer
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online, and received a mail telling to schedule a date for interview. After that, there were 2 rounds on interview. First on Networking and C. Then they mailed me to choose another date for 2nd round. It was on C and OS.

Interview Questions

• Interview 1:
    Difference between TCP and UDP.
    What is volatile keyword? What does it do? How does a compiler handle a volatile keyword? What problems would happen if we don't use volatile keyword?
  • Interview 2:
    static keyword? How does an OS handle it?
    What's a module in C? How to write a module?
    What is inline function? Advantages? How does an OS/memory handle inline functions?
    How does a register work? why is it fast? How many variables can u declare in register?
      View Answer
  • what's the advantage of using pointers? why?
    What is an alias pointer? Advantage? disadvantage? How to prevent pointer aliasing?
    What is virtual memory? How does memory mapping occur? advantages of virtual memory?
    What are semaphores? Why do we use them?
    What is page fault? How does it happen? prevention?
      View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The give a pretty decent salary!!

Software Intern Interview

Software Intern
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in March 2012.

Interview Details – One interview from the hiring manager. Single round.
Phone interview lasted about 45 minutes and discusses Java, C++, Object oriented programming, and my resume.
Offer was given within the week. Manager had problems ready on google docs but decided not to use them.

Mainly technical questions, and theoretical coding problems.

Interview Question – Discuss Object Oriented Programming principals   View Answer

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Software Developer Co-Op
Andover, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in March 2012.

Interview Details – The recruiter took my resume at career fair. They emailed me to shcedule a phone interview. Following week of phone interview, I was invited to company for face to face interview. I took 2 hours in total with 4 different softeare engineers and a hiring manager. The questions was easy in general but I gave wrong anwers because I was nervous. They were looking for c++ developer.

Interview Questions