BlackBerry Interview Questions in United States

Updated Apr 13, 2015

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

HR guy got in touch after viewing profile in linkedIn.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry (Chicago, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

There were 2 rounds. 1st was HR round and the questions were directly from resume. 2nd Round was Technical, I was asked questions from my academic projects and basic questions from C++.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

get a phone interview first, then just discuss about your background, some stuffs in your resume, then schedule a technical interview one week later.

Interview Questions

• Are you farmiliar with the IOS, Blackberry OS, or Window OS?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Job fair interview.
    Basic questions on C, C++ and JAVA like size of integer, sizeof() related questions.

Interview Questions

• Main question was how to reverse the words in a sentence
      eg: "This is a test sentence." output should be "sentence test a is This."

1 Answer

Embedded Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry (Irving, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Got a phone call from the HR manager & he asked about few stuffs in the resume. He scheduled a technical round on the immediate next day. A senior level engineer called me & asked questions regarding auto-interrupts, external interrupts, SPI, UART & DAC. He also asked some questions in C about linked list & structures. Asked few questions from RTOS, difference between semaphore & mutex, scheduler & stack, frame pointers.

Interview Questions

• Design a function that takes a structure and inserts it into a sorted linked list of structures   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL) in April 2011.

Interview

Very straightforward and technical questions were mostly from what I claimed to know in my resume.

Interview Questions

• Where title would you like to pursue in the next five years.   Answer Question

Mechanical Designer Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL).

Interview

The interview was based only in two questions, and the last question was to give an answer in a concept of mechanical engineering. I guess was not bad for an interview with them. Unfortunately, no answer since then (at least from the company if I was accepted or not), however, the HR said that they choose a candidate and those ones rejected received an email notifying. Email which I never received and thank I wonder to ask, if not I'll be still waiting for a response

Wireless IOT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry (Dallas, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

It was a telephonic interview before onsite.
    The interview was easy. The interviewer was cool and supportive.
    Most of the questions he asked were from resume. He asked me to explain MIMO, difference between spatial diversity and spatial multiplexing, PAPR in OFDMA, ISI mitigation in OFDM, hidden terminal issue, CSMA CA, difference between TCP and UDP, Active states in bluetooth, DNS call flow.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are from my resume. So it wasn't difficult.   Answer Question

Had another offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

You ll have 1 Hr round and a onsite interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry (Raleigh, NC) in May 2011.

Interview

They went straight to an onsite interview. We went through my resume and they asked some behavioral questions. Not much technical other than what I knew about the programming languages on my resume. Very friendly people!