BlackBerry

Updated Feb 26, 2015
Updated Feb 26, 2015

Radio/Protocols Stack Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in March 2012.

Applied online and got phone interview call based on background. After clearing phone interview I got called for on site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on past projects, cache, hamming codes. C coding questions.   Answer Question

Radio Software Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in March 2012.

Applied online. got a call and interview was completely technical on whats on my resume

Java Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry in February 2012.

Basic questions of Java, difference between Hash Map and a Hash Table, refer stack overflow for details
    what sort of projects i have worked on How is scheduling done at Network Layer, then i was to rate their product in comparison to other smart phones
    Synchronization questions and how does java implement synchronization (answer is monitors) and some about data structures

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackBerry in January 2012.

Got a mail regarding the position and when it was possible to take the interview. After a date was fixed, had a call interview for 45 mins. Initially briefed about the company and the department followed by asking personal experiences and some technical question.

OS Embedded Developer, Inter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry in January 2012.

Apply on the RIM website. There will be screening interview by the HR. Manager will call you for the technical interview after that. It lasted only around 40 min's for me. He asked me coursework and project experience related to embedded systems and C programming.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate. For internships it is a fixed salary.

Radio Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackBerry in December 2011.

I was interviewed for an internship position. The post I was offered was of a Radio Software Enginner.
    My friend had forwarded my resume.
    It took just 2 hours for RIM to schedule an interview with me. I was lucky!

Interview Questions
    • Diiferent access specifiers in C++/JAVA   Answer Question
    • Expalin static variable?   Answer Question
    • Can a variable be declared as static in a .h file?   Answer Question
    • Say a browser is not wroking on a mobile phone. What are the steps that U will take to reslve the issue?   View Answer
    NA

Embedded Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackBerry in November 2011.

I applied online in summmer and I got call from them in spring semester. It was 30 min phone interview taken by 3 managers. They asked me on telecomm and C language. It was not difficult. I screwed because of my own mistake. Hope this will help other who will give it next time.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackBerry in November 2011.

After applying for the position, they reached out to set up an on site interview. The interview consisted of my future team leader and one other team member. The interview consisted of basic questions like time management, working in a team environment, and other common questions. They also ask about your school projects and your role for those projects. Overall, the process was pleasant, and the turnaround time was quick for me as well. It only took them a weekend to make the offer, which I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the role you played in this particular project   Answer Question

Software Test Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackBerry in October 2011.

There were 4 interviews each of 45 minutes. Most of interviee were friendly and helpful.

Embedded Systems Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry in August 2011.

I applied online and the hiring manager mailed me asking for a date. I replied with the date and the manager was actually busy on that date, so he wanted to have the interview before that date and he mailed me. I was okay with it. It was a good interview with some technical and project based questions.

Interview Questions
    • Whats the use of pointer? How does pointers help in the program efficiency?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your embedded programming experience.   Answer Question
    For interns, they have a specific offer and you wouldn't complain because RIM pays you WELL !! :)