BlackBerry

85 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Milford, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – I gave them my resume at a college career fair. They contacted me a few weeks later and set up a phone interview.

The phone interview consisted of a coding problem, which you had to solve using Google docs while the interviewer watches you. The interviewer was very nice and we fixed a couple bugs in my code together.

Next I had an on-site interview which lasted all day. I met with 8 different people from the company for 6 interviews and a lunch period. Almost all of the interviews were technical in nature. This includes coding, drawing software diagrams on a whiteboard, and verbally answering some questions. Once again everyone was very nice and they make it very easy for you to succeed.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

OS Embedded Developer, Inter Interview

Sunrise, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2012.

Interview Details – Apply on the RIM website. There will be screening interview by the HR. Manager will call you for the technical interview after that. It lasted only around 40 min's for me. He asked me coursework and project experience related to embedded systems and C programming.

Interview Question – About Interrupt and handling that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. For internships it is a fixed salary.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Milford, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details – I met them at my college career fair. They were recruiting people for their Milford, Connecticut branch. They had a 45 min phone interview where they asked me to type a program in google documents, a basic number to string conversion for the headers in column for microsoft excel, eg A - 1 .. Z - 26, AA - 27 etc.. I did that and they called for an onsite interview. I surprisingly had 3 one to one HR rounds and only 1 technical round (2 interviewers). In the technical round they asked me to code, if given a dictionary as a huge stream (words separated with commas) and a word to search, how would I find it in the stream. According to me all the rounds went fine, so I am guessing my rejection was only based on the fact that I didnt have much mobile programming experience.

Interview Question – One question in the phone interview and one in the onsite technical round, but both were easy...   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

BlackBerry Customer Technical Support Specialist Interview

Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2012.

Interview Details – After two applications, I was call for a telephone interview. This was comprised of resume review and technical questions by the in-house recruiter. Next was an in-person interview with two team leads. Both were very friendly and the RIM complex very nice looking. The interview lasted about an hour and was mostly technical in nature but also had some of the silly hypothetical questions like "describe how you overcame a obstacle". (This is part of the discredited SARS test that all large organizations still use).

All in all, an ordinary interview process.

Interview Question – For me, the most difficult questions are the SARS questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wanted to leave my current company and wanted to work for RIM so bad that I did not negotiate. They met my minimum salary expectation so I accepted.

Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Hardware Design Engineer
Rolling Meadows, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by a on-site interview.

Interview Question – Questions about general knowledge of smartphone design, circuit equations, and qualifications on resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiations

Power Designer Interview

Rolling Meadows, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in December 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process was pretty smooth. You need to be very clear aboutt he basics of your field. Usually the interviewers are pretty knowledgeable about the subject so dont try to fake it.

Also be prepared to solve some riddles in the end of the interview. Also be prepared to answer questions related to blackberry.

Interview Question – None. Did not expect to solve riddles//puzzles in the end.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in June 2010.

Interview Details – i had a telephonic interview then 1:1 interview and since i was already an intern it was mostly related to my work experience and the projects i did during my masters.

Interview Question – mostly on C and memory organization   Answer Question

Radio Software Integration -Student Interview

Sunrise, FL

The process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackBerry in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was based on questions on C, RTOS and PLL.

Interview Questions

• What is a semaphore, mutex, static variable. What are abstract classes.   Answer Question
  • Explain project you are working on. Have you ever worked on hardware or just simulation?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
Sunrise, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2009.

Interview Details – I first had a preliminary phone screening interview with the company's recruiter. Then I land a phone interview with the company's hiring manager who basically wanted to evaluate my previous work experiences as well as my abilities and skills, and also gauge the interest and enthusiasm I had for the position. Finally I had 1:1 interviews (lasted about 30 minutes each) with a web developer, a java software engineer, a team leader, a middle manager and a HR representative. I got the offer letter within a few days of the on-site interview which I gladly accept.

Advice: Although it isn’t a replacement for a face-to-face interview, making a good impression over the telephone can increase your chance of being asked to an in-person meeting and ultimately to landing the job.

Interview Question – What are the benefits of using Strict over Transitional DOCTYPEs?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary negotiation is part of the hiring process, but is always a risk. By not accepting an offer right away it leaves it open for other candidates to come into the picture. My advice is that you should take the first offer if you’re happy with it and you feel passionate about what the company does. Never negotiate just for the sake of negotiating.

Software Developer Co-op Interview

Cary, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry in November 2011.

Interview Details – After applying for the position, they reached out to set up an on site interview. The interview consisted of my future team leader and one other team member. The interview consisted of basic questions like time management, working in a team environment, and other common questions. They also ask about your school projects and your role for those projects. Overall, the process was pleasant, and the turnaround time was quick for me as well. It only took them a weekend to make the offer, which I accepted.

Interview Question – Tell me about the role you played in this particular project   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at BlackBerry